Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Young again (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Cruz (played by Vaporwave)

In a world where people with strange and magical abilities roam freely undercover among the rest of us, news started to spread that what was claimed to be a war would soon start and ravage the said realm. Upon hearing the terrible news and documenting himself about the truthfulness of the upcoming disaster that was soon to become the new reality, a worried father hurries to one of the undercover magicians in the area for help.

He asks the sorcerer to help him and his family travel forward through time until the war is over, so that they would not be affected by the great catastrophe. The individual in question looks him up and down and eventually agrees to do the father's biding, with only one condition - to pay him a colossal sum before he goes on with their spell. The sum that was asked to pay for his wish was no way near what the father could ever amount in a realistic time period... That being said, the man decided to give the magician all that he had on him, anything of value that would eventually be better than nothing at all - the watch he received from his father, a thin gold necklace he wore under his shirt, the 20 year old ring from the time he married his beloved wife, the remaining salary for that month and at the very end, a picture of his two kids and spouse.

Before looking up at the magician, the father took back the said picture he used to keep in his wallet and decided to not give it away. The magician offered a dissatisfied look at the received belongings and huffed before agreeing to begin the spell. They muttered the certain words needed for the spell, however, due to their disappointment, they mistaken one word for another and... sent the man nowhere near where he wished to end up!

Rather than the future and after the war itself, the man was transport back in time instead - to the modern day. But it wasn't just the year that was changed -- him too! He was no longer a 50-something year old with hair turning grayer by the day, with a family or a job, a sense of having succeeded in life... but in his early 20s, confused, terribly scared and with his only remaining possession which was the photo of his beloved family.
Hi there! If you liked this plot idea and are interested to role play with me please don't hesitate to DM me!

My idea for this plot was that my character meets yours through a certain circumstance we can discuss (as well as the location, the specific year, and so on) and they form a bond. As time passes, they try to find a means to get my character back to the time period to which they belong, though in the meantime I'd like to have them embrace the differences between each other and help each other grow so that if the time for them to part ways ever arrives, they manage to learn something from one another.

For this role play in particular I'm looking for someone who is literate, able to write multiple paragraphs per reply and actively adds new ideas to the role play. Your character can be any gender, have certain special abilities/traits or be a regular human, so pretty much anyone is accepted!

To whoever messages me, I hope we are a good match and I'm looking forward to hearing from you :) <3
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 30%
Distant war may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat will likely be summarized, not played out in detail.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

I'm interested

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Young again (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus