Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Does "Adults Only" also apply to characters?

Hello. I've seen a few games tagged as "Adults Only" and, while I do meet the age requirement, I don't think any of my characters do. None of the groups contain mature content (and I deliberately filter it out in searches anyway) but I've hesitated on joining groups because I'm not sure if the stipulation applies to both character and player, or just the player?

As an aside, is there a reason to mark a group as "Adults Only" if the group does not contain any mature themes? Genuinely curious, since I'd like to avoid overtly sexual or violent themes personally and I'm not sure what to watch out for beyond the tags.
Kim Site Admin

It depends entirely on what that adult content is going to be. Our rules do not allow minor characters to be written in sexual situations, regardless of whether the players are of age.

If the adult content is swearing, it's probably just fine.

Many adults will set their groups to be 18+ only (or some other age requirement) because they prefer to interact with other people their own age, regardless of how clean the subject matter may be.
Aardbei Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
It depends entirely on what that adult content is going to be. Our rules do not allow minor characters to be written in sexual situations, regardless of whether the players are of age.

If the adult content is swearing, it's probably just fine.

Many adults will set their groups to be 18+ only (or some other age requirement) because they prefer to interact with other people their own age, regardless of how clean the subject matter may be.

I suppose that makes sense. I guess I might just need to ask a group founder about their policy on character ages on a case-by-case basis. Since the groups I was interested in didn't have any mature content warnings, I can at least confirm that I'm not intending to break any site rules. :)

Thanks for responding to my question.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Does "Adults Only" also apply to characters?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus