Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Question about deleted accounts

I have a question, can Accounts only get deleted by the user? Or do the RPR staff close them after a certain amount of time?

Im wondering cuz I was waiting for a friend to come back, but their account was deleted within the last 24 hours.
I think it is the user that is the only one who can delete their account, unless something happened which caused their account to get deleted by the admin or mods. For example, they violated a rule leading to either suspension or deletion.
Ittermat Topic Starter

HibariHaru013 wrote:
I think it is the user that is the only one who can delete their account, unless something happened which caused their account to get deleted. For example, they violated a rule leading to either suspension or deletion.

They havent been on so I doubt they violated any rules.

So now i wonder why she did so.. hrm
I know of several people who, as far as I know, haven't been on in a year+ but still have an account, so I don't think they were removed by a staff.
Dragonfire Moderator

Hi there! Accounts are typically only deleted by the admin or us moderators in the cases of spammers or if a person has done some egregious things and manages to be permanently banned. We also delete and where possible combine accounts if we find that someone has more than a single account, but we always give the user involved a heads up about that. We don't generally delete inactive accounts (unless they fall into one of the previous categories).

It's more likely that your friend simply deleted their account themselves, I'm afraid.
Ittermat Topic Starter

Thanks... That makes me really sad though. I miss them (Its been like 10 months since we've spoken) and this was the only line of communication I had with them... Maybe they'll come back someday and try to find me who knows..

Sorry if I was bothersome.
Kim Site Admin

What was said above, but also, the site auto-deletes inactive empty accounts after many months. To be "empty" they need to not have any groups they own or character profiles with widgets in them. This was added when it became apparent there were people who knew how to delete characters but never quite figured out how to delete their accounts, so they would "quit the site" but mass-deleting all of their characters and then never logging back in. So we just do a clean up after about 6 months or so.

It's super unlikely this applies to your situation, I just thought I'd mention it.
Ittermat Topic Starter

I dunno if thats the case or not... I never wandered in her characters or anything...so I wouldnt know if she had widgets...? but thank you <3
Kim wrote:
What was said above, but also, the site auto-deletes inactive empty accounts after many months. To be "empty" they need to not have any groups they own or character profiles with widgets in them. This was added when it became apparent there were people who knew how to delete characters but never quite figured out how to delete their accounts, so they would "quit the site" but mass-deleting all of their characters and then never logging back in. So we just do a clean up after about 6 months or so.

It's super unlikely this applies to your situation, I just thought I'd mention it.

Out of curiosity, does the automation system check for inbox or forum activity?

You are on: Forums » Help » Question about deleted accounts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus