Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Tell me about it :/

Hello everyone :)

Recently I’ve been struggling to find Rp that interests me/get people to RP the stuff that I like. I’m making this little discussion post to hear your thoughts about how you’ve been successful or unsuccessful in your Rp searches!

You can share the knowledge with others here as well as put in tips and tricks you’ve learned. Because above all else, we’re all family here on RPR !
Hello!

I don't have much to say since I have only made 2 LFRP posts here on RPR. But they were both successful. So from my experience, if I'm the one offering an RP prompt or idea, I would try my best to make my ad as simple and as straightforward as possible. Not too long. Add some photos and make the text look organized and pleasing to the eye. Also, make sure that the intro is interesting enough to get anyone's attention. Same with the title of the ad.

For looking at other people's prompts, I guess that depends. If I find an RP interesting, then I talk to the player and discuss it. If their intention is something I'm not into, then too bad. But if the player is open to suggestions and other ideas, then we talk about it more until we are both satisfied with a finalized plot or story idea.
ChebaTheBee

In my opinion one of the good ways (other than what HibariHaru013 mentioned) to write an rp ad would be to provide any kind of prompts (there can be multiple if you have about 2-3+ in mind) you find interesting without overthinking whether they're compelling enough or not (as that will just add unpleasant pressure for you, don't know if that's the case but ovethinking can lead to... well, not the best stuff). I also think it's good to bring up the kind of content you're ok with and the kind you're not (ex. violence, gore, swearing...) + adding that, if any of the stuff you've mentioned makes people queasy, they can freely ask in advance if it's alright if that kind of content is left out, as yours and rp partner's comfort are also important (vibes too).

Other than that I can't really provide any other advices other than this - don't give up on your search. At some point you'll find potential rp partners. Nobody knows when, but surely someone will pop up and say they'd love to give a prompt a try. Or perhaps you'll stumble upon an ad that caught your eye at one point? Only time will tell.
And do your best not to worry about it (whether it's a bit or too much) as well.

I wish you luck in your search! c:
Awesome input so far! <3

So I also struggle to find existing roleplay prompts which inspire me. Sometimes this could be as simple as me not partaking in the same genre that is proposed. Or more often than not, the prompts I see feature proposals that surround their own OC only with no real plot in mind, moreso a meetcute.

When I saw this was an ongoing thang I opted to create a thread and compile more and more prompts of my own as the ideas came to me. I've had lots of success from players answering this thread since I've specified my goal of collaborating mutually to the stories. Whereas when it comes to answering existing threads, that's admittedly less successful since my whole thing is roleplaying with partners who contribute to stories 50-50. <3

So! If you're having a hard time finding partners for a specific style or genre that interest you, I definitely suggest creating your own LFRP topics! I find that a wall of text can be daunting to some, so if you have an awesome IC opener that might be on the long side, you could tuck it beneath a collapsed tag, or separate the OOC text with creative icons or photos like another player suggested here, and so on!

We're all here to have fun at the end of the day. Don't be afraid to ask what you're looking for, and communication with roleplay buddies goes a long way, too. When in doubt, talk it out! ^_^

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Tell me about it :/

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus