Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » RP Pet Peeves

I think mini vents are what this thread is for! One day I'm sure someone will tie the site's character-making guide to the site's character-making helper. I guess we could say that tool doesn't yet live up to its full potential yet either. :D
Yes, that would be good. I think maybe having the character prompting after registering be a little later in the process would help, because it’s a bit of a rabbit hole to fall into right away. Maybe if it were after the introduction?

Anyway, may as well post another ‘pet peeve’ … the ‘planner’
All good to go in OOC and plots and thoughts and details are exchanged, only to get to the starter or one post in and being abandoned.

I’m going to edit this in. I’ve spent a fair amount of time working to get this rp started and finally when it was about to begin and I was working on opening it, I was informed they write in 1st person. It is frustrating but this is on me for not asking this basic question early on.
People who type paragraphs on paragraphs but say little to nothing.

I had a partner write an intro post of 4-5 paragraphs and told me everything about their character except what he looked like or what he was doing where :I
Lyndis wrote:

I had a partner write an intro post of 4-5 paragraphs and told me everything about their character except what he looked like or what he was doing where :I

I second this.
More isn't always better, sometimes it's just more.

I'm often amazed at how people can say so little when they write so much.
Kim Site Admin

Dawnia wrote:
Yes, that would be good. I think maybe having the character prompting after registering be a little later in the process would help, because it’s a bit of a rabbit hole to fall into right away. Maybe if it were after the introduction?

Now this is something I can definitely look into.
Kim wrote:
Dawnia wrote:

Now this is something I can definitely look into.
Awesome! I probably should have put that in the ‘suggestion’ forum.
RoundTableKing wrote:
Lyndis wrote:

I second this.
More isn't always better, sometimes it's just more.

I'm often amazed at how people can say so little when they write so much.

Mhmm! One-liners are hated on pretty often, but if a person can hit all their key marks in 3-5 sentences, I'll take that over someone who produces more.
By writing 3-5 sentences, that's not a one liner. That's a paragraph.
RoundTableKing wrote:
By writing 3-5 sentences, that's not a one liner. That's a paragraph.
....touche.
Kim Site Admin

Hey friends,

As a heads up, a new rule about pet peeves topics just went into effect today. As a result, I'm locking this topic before it can attract at-best thoughtless replies, and new pet peeves topics will be removed on sight. :)

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forums/topic/80189

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » RP Pet Peeves

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus