Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Memberless Groups (FIXED)

JaiyanaBinx

Hai, I'm Jai!

I'm not really sure if this should be in the Help Forum or Suggestions & Development Forum- but I thought this one might have made more sense, so I apologize if I made the wrong guess!

I keep browsing the Groups page from time to time for anything to catch my interest and I noticed one Group in particular had no members in it but was still up, I have no idea who made it or how long it's been without anyone in it, but I decided to investigate. I thought about joining in hopes to immediately become a Founder and recycle or delete the Group myself, but I was only a member. From that I'm guessing only the original Founder could join and become it's Founder again; or maybe no one can become a Founder for it and it stays in a stalemate forever.

So I was wondering if anything could be done for Groups like that? Either a Mod deletes them or someway for a new Founder for it to be passed to.

This Group I'm talking about in particular is called Beginner RP on the front page.

Thank you for your time and for reading! <3
JaiyanaBinx wrote:
Hai, I'm Jai!

I'm not really sure if this should be in the Help Forum or Suggestions & Development Forum- but I thought this one might have made more sense, so I apologize if I made the wrong guess!

I keep browsing the Groups page from time to time for anything to catch my interest and I noticed one Group in particular had no members in it but was still up, I have no idea who made it or how long it's been without anyone in it, but I decided to investigate. I thought about joining in hopes to immediately become a Founder and recycle or delete the Group myself, but I was only a member. From that I'm guessing only the original Founder could join and become it's Founder again; or maybe no one can become a Founder for it and it stays in a stalemate forever.

So I was wondering if anything could be done for Groups like that? Either a Mod deletes them or someway for a new Founder for it to be passed to.

This Group I'm talking about in particular is called Beginner RP on the front page.

Thank you for your time and for reading! <3

I saw that one when I click on it says its under construction so maybe its in the process of being made? Idk but yeah I like the idea someone should do that for memberless groups.
It doesn't even have a founder? I thought that the current founder had to specify someone to take over to even be able to stop being the founder, so that a group could never be founderless.
JaiyanaBinx Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
It doesn't even have a founder? I thought that the current founder had to specify someone to take over to even be able to stop being the founder, so that a group could never be founderless.

That's what I thought too, when I was the Founder for another Group for a while but tried leaving whilst thinking Foundership would just be passed onto the last Founder, I had to choose someone before leaving it. Reason why I thought the Group existing without anyone in it was so odd.
FrostWolf wrote:
I saw that one when I click on it says its under construction so maybe its in the process of being made? Idk but yeah I like the idea someone should do that for memberless groups.

Maybe it was in the process of being made, like you said, but the Founder saw no one was joining and somehow managed to leave it but it remained existing...for some reason. Maybe because they were the only person there was no need for the Group to prompt a new Founder when they left since it acknowledged no one else was there?

Is strange e.o
Rogue-Scribe

I saw that too.
Could this happen if the founder of the group is the only member and they delete their account, leaving 0?
Kim Site Admin

Hey gang,

This is a bug. The auto-cleanup failed to catch this group for some reason after the founder deleted their account. I'll be looking into that!

You can earn accolades for your profile by using the bug report form (Help > Report a Problem) when you see stuff like this in future :)
JaiyanaBinx Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Hey gang,

This is a bug. The auto-cleanup failed to catch this group for some reason after the founder deleted their account. I'll be looking into that!

You can earn accolades for your profile by using the bug report form (Help > Report a Problem) when you see stuff like this in future :)

Henlo Kim~

Damnit, I originally thought of sending something for it as a bug but thought about and figured that it didn't seem like a bug somehow? Anyways, hazza! Sorry for not doing that ;-; shall do that next time if I see anything similar!
Kim often encourages folks to send bug reports basically any time something doesn't do what they expect it to do. Even if it turns out not to be a bug, it still helps her track what things might be confusing to people and so could maybe be adjusted to work more in the way people expect. ^_^

You are on: Forums » Help » Memberless Groups (FIXED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus