Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Adventurous Alien

Hellooo! So, I'm currently trying to build a sci-fi world. It involves robots exploring alien worlds and learning more about the lifeforms that inhabit these planets, all that fun stuff. The only problem is, what's an alien-based story without some aliens? I need your help to make up a new one!

The kind of character I would like to see is:
  • Some sort of alien, of course!
  • An adventurer at heart.
  • Preferably a female.

The rest is up to you! :D
Bioluminescence! :3 Make 'em glow in the dark. Useful for adventuring in caves.
GingerHades Topic Starter

Meowzer wrote:
Bioluminescence! :3 Make 'em glow in the dark. Useful for adventuring in caves.

That's a good start! :D
Hmm, perhaps she's part of a race that leaves its children in far away places, as eggs, and when they wake up they have to fend for themselves. She's trying to find her parents or the others of her kind.
The trouble is, not only have they possibly moved planets during that time she was in the egg, she's also got some sort of problem with her seekers! Her echolocation/eye/vocal chord system is a little messed up, so she's having trouble finding them. Perhaps there's some kind of instruction manual she should have gotten, but she definitely didn't. Not only that but it presents other life challenges along the way!
(If blind, she's unsure of what she looks like; if other senses, likewise, she doesn't entirely know how to find the others like herself, and will have to find a way around her own unusual physicality. Perhaps there's usually a guardian that telepathically communicates with them until they hatch, and them teaches them how to speak, only hers disappeared or somehow got lost? Perhaps she crept away curiously after hatching and wandered into another alien's nest/ship? There are so many possibilities!)
GingerHades Topic Starter

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Hmm, perhaps she's part of a race that leaves its children in far away places, as eggs, and when they wake up they have to fend for themselves. She's trying to find her parents or the others of her kind.
The trouble is, not only have they possibly moved planets during that time she was in the egg, she's also got some sort of problem with her seekers! Her echolocation/eye/vocal chord system is a little messed up, so she's having trouble finding them. Perhaps there's some kind of instruction manual she should have gotten, but she definitely didn't. Not only that but it presents other life challenges along the way!
(If blind, she's unsure of what she looks like; if other senses, likewise, she doesn't entirely know how to find the others like herself, and will have to find a way around her own unusual physicality. Perhaps there's usually a guardian that telepathically communicates with them until they hatch, and them teaches them how to speak, only hers disappeared or somehow got lost? Perhaps she crept away curiously after hatching and wandered into another alien's nest/ship? There are so many possibilities!)

Oooh, lots of great ideas here! I really like how we've got a reason as to why she's so adventurous, plus we've got ourselves an idea of how her race functions. The disability idea is nice, it could lead to some great character development!
Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely gonna make use of these. :D
Kim Site Admin

MAY I SUGGEST one of the alien races from last year's world building project, or an off-shoot of one of those races? :D :D :D https://www.rprepository.com/rpsettings/auruta90dx The Zkirax fit in with the previous suggestion of a race that leaves its eggs far away, and that they are supposed to be left with instruction manuals for when they hatch.
I'm glad you liked the suggestions!

Wow, that's a really specific one and I didn't remember that alien type! I'll have to go check it out later, I never did download the Auruta stuff on my phone.
Zenmau (played by GingerHades) Topic Starter

Hey guys, thank you so much for the ideas! Today's the last day to post OCs, so here she is! (My apologies for the lack of info on her page so far, there's still lots of things I've yet to figure out!)

I wanted to use all of your ideas, so I opted not to make this character a Zkirax because they're not bioluminescent. However, like I just said, I wanted to use ALL of your ideas. So hear me out:
This character is a blind member of a race called Umbralexians, which is a species I made that just so happens to be bioluminescent. However, her disability caused her to wander onto a ship owned by the Adventurers, a clasp of adult Zkirax. After discovering that she is in fact not a Zkirax (after thinking she was one of them for her whole life), she sets out to rediscover her home planet and reunite with her brethren.

Without further ado... Say hello to Zenmau!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Adventurous Alien

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus