Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Online Indicator (PLANNED)

Besides the Indicator for when you click on a profile and it says "ONLINE" I think there should be a indicator inside of groups or in the homepage screen. This would be very helpful so then you could tell when Someone is on and you can RP or chat with them.
It sounds like maybe you're asking for something that would list all of the users currently online (and allowing themselves to be shown as such)? Or do you just mean next to names were they'd already appear, like on forum posts or in feed notices and such?

In the former case, I'd think it might be better to maybe have the "Members Online Now" bit on the Community page link to a separate page listing those folks, and perhaps have a similar thing that can be added to groups as a widget. Otherwise it could get really cumbersome if a lot of people are on, and seems like it could be a major drain on bandwidth to collect that info every time someone visits a high-use page (let alone if it was to refresh itself to stay current as people come and go).

In any case, I'm happy so long as I can continue to not be displayed as online. Kinda makes me paranoid, and I like being able to leave the site open while I'm away when I'm actually able to visit regularly.
Maybe it it was a toggleable option that would default to not showing, but could be toggled to show when you were online if you wanted?
Kim Site Admin

Lavacho wrote:
Besides the Indicator for when you click on a profile and it says "ONLINE" I think there should be a indicator inside of groups or in the homepage screen. This would be very helpful so then you could tell when Someone is on and you can RP or chat with them.

This is actually a planned feature for friends lists :)
Kim Site Admin

Katia wrote:
Maybe it it was a toggleable option that would default to not showing, but could be toggled to show when you were online if you wanted?

This already exists! :) It's under Comfort & Privacy Settings, labeled "Who can see when you're online?"
Kim wrote:
Katia wrote:

This already exists! :) It's under Comfort & Privacy Settings, labeled "Who can see when you're online?"

Oh well, that just shows you how long it has been since I last looked at those settings. XD

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Online Indicator (PLANNED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus