Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Public Service Announcement

PLEASE stop using cursive fonts.
It hurts the eyes.

Thank you.
Dragonfire Moderator

Also to consider: using nothing but Unicode characters for your posts/profiles causes them to be pretty much unsearchable by people looking for something that your idea or character might match.
And let us not forget the wonders of older devices translating those fancy 'copy paste from nicecutefonts.com' fonts to literal blank cubes. Sure, I'm sure some folks see appeal to having to figure out what a thread's title it, but y'know.. there's eye-friendlier ways to decorate your text!
Auberon Moderator

Another accessibility thing to consider is how it might impact people using screen readers if your post or profile is all unicode. I don't use one myself, but I imagine it might make things hard for such users.
Has the mere mention of cursive fonts melted my brain to pulp or did a reply of a friend of my friend just disappear...? That's sus-
Churchtuary Topic Starter

To further drive my point home.

text-1634241685248.png
Also those character profiles where you have to highlight everything with Ctrl+A to be able to read anything.

Also, light colored texted against a light colored background. If I see someone with a cyan page with yellow text, I'm going to cry after washing out my eyes.
RoundTableKing wrote:
Also those character profiles where you have to highlight everything with Ctrl+A to be able to read anything.

Also, light colored texted against a light colored background. If I see someone with a cyan page with yellow text, I'm going to cry after washing out my eyes.

I get what you're saying. I think some thought needs to be put into how things will look on both the light and dark theme of the board.
someone (played anonymously)

Auberon wrote:
Another accessibility thing to consider is how it might impact people using screen readers if your post or profile is all unicode. I don't use one myself, but I imagine it might make things hard for such users.
100% unreadable. text-to-speech says absolutely nothing for these fonts (as if no characters were there at all) and on braille displays they show up as "••••••••••"

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Public Service Announcement

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Ben