Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I am an Age Regressor!

Hello! Living book time! :)

I am a proud age regressor. I've dealt with this since I was about 8-9, which is when I began showing noticeable symptoms of regressing to an earlier age. I didn't fully come out as a regressor until around age 12, and unsurprisingly, it was online to close friends haha. Age regression (often called agere) is when either voluntarily or involuntarily, a person reverts or regresses to a younger age, typically but not always, a time of happiness. Its commonly used to deal with trauma from childhood, but trauma is not a necessity, and if it is from trauma, it varies as to when. There's plenty of misconceptions and whatnot, and there's a lot of things Im omitting, for simplicity, but if you wanna know more, for example, about caregivers, things I like to do while regressed, common slang and terms used, and common misconceptions, feel free to ask!! Im here to spread awareness :)

Edit: I also feel inclined to add that I also have OSDD (other specified dissociative disorder). It's similar to DID, however I dont meet all of the criteria. I am specifically OSDD-1B ^^. I do have alters who are regressors, as well as alters who aren't regressors, but child alters. They each have their own seperate preferences when it comes to activities, styles, likes, dislikes, etc. So if you have a specific question for/about them, feel free to ask! I won't have them front while regressed, due to safety reasons, but they may come out, no gurantees :P If one happens to regress while talking, please be mindful and safe, dont be a creep. We have had incidents where someone has accidentally regressed, please be nice, we do have typing quirks, so just be decent :P
That is fine. I completely understand. In fact, I often enjoy playing Caregiver type characters in RPs. I've even play Regressed characters in a few Agere RPs as well. Not sure if it's something I'd do in real life though, but I definitely respect those who do. I can see the appeal. :)
Jejune Topic Starter

Michael147 wrote:
That is fine. I completely understand. In fact, I often enjoy playing Caregiver type characters in RPs. I've even play Regressed characters in a few Agere RPs as well. Not sure if it's something I'd do in real life though, but I definitely respect those who do. I can see the appeal. :)

Well, its not always something appealling. Despite the way its portrayed in media, since sometimes its used as a stress relief or even to combat trauma episodes, there are times where its filled with crying, brattiness, hugging a stuffy (stuffed animal) to avoid doing self destructive behavior, having a cg comfort you so you dont do reckless things, and times when you genuinely just cant seem to be a happy little one! People have coined the term "Impure regression" for experiences like this, and "Pure Regression" for times when its not linked directly to negativity and is a fun and happy time.

Regression is more so an adapted way of life. It's a coping mechanism that some people like me choose to embrace, and some people choose to try and move past, it depends on the person.
Oh I see. :o

Yeah, I can definitely only imagine how scary it must be sometimes. For both parties involved.
Jejune Topic Starter

It is! Especially during times where you're regressed to the point where you don't know why you feel the way you do, and you have very little control over yourself. For example, today, my cg was absent for some unknown reason. I had a horrible day and needed to regress extremely bad or else I knew I'd partake in some self destructive behavior. However, I had to settle for distracting myself by being on here, watching cute wholesome videos, etc. and not worrying myself too much or letting my brain rest. It was certainly scary because I didn't quite know if I was gonna be able to make it through the day without engaging in those behaviors, while also being stressed about not being able to regress. So it definitely gets difficult, especially on those lower days.

And as someone who also doubles as a caregiver, it's difficult when trying to comfort your little during times like that when they seem so distraught. It can take a toll on you, especially when you aren't quite sure how to help.
Sorry to hear. I can only imagine. Glad you were able to make it through though. I have a friend who sometimes gets easily to, and feels like he can't make it through the day without talking with me. So I can relate a bit. I often sometime feel like maybe trying to cope with stresses in similar ways but, I never been much of a regress-y. I always felt more like a Caregiver.
Jejune Topic Starter

I get that. I've had times where I've felt disconnected from my regression and felt more as if I had a duty as a caregiver. However, I know people who, once giving regression a shot, found that it was something they felt very comfortable doing and it was something they didn't quite know they were looking for. So you never know!
That is true. Just don't think I'd find someone willing to try it with. Or least not many. And I feel like it be too awkward to ask. ^^;
Jejune Topic Starter

Well Im willing, although I doubt you'd be comfy with me haha. There's plenty of discord servers that have plenty of people you can experiment with, and surprisingly, asking close friends or a lover is never a bad idea! You'd be surprised at how some may respond ;) Its really not awkward to ask. If its someone new, just kinda ease them into it ^^ If its a discord server made specifically for regressors, they probably have a section for it
Haha. I probably would. But probably wouldn't. I mean, we did just meet after all. XD

And I have been trying to find servers like that on Discord. Though Haven't had any luck finding one. Though I won't stop trying to find one. ^_^
Jejune Topic Starter

Exactly, although I would totally be down to get to know you more, you seem really cool!!

I can definitely link some in DMs if you want me to, there's plenty I can recommend, both bigger and smaller, some more active than others
Thanks! If you ever wanna chat with me more, get to know me more, don't be afraid to DM. :3

And sure, that be great. If you want! :)
Jejune Topic Starter

Just a small bump ^^
I didn't know this kind of thing existed until today. I've heard of child alters but never a regression.

-Has this ever made it difficult to maintain relationships? A bit of a harder question that you absolutely can decline to answer, but are there things - especially with regard to friendships or relationships - that your community needs to be vigilant about, such as dangerous actors looking to take advantage of your situation? What common advice would you give to people in your community to help protect themselves and others?

-Are there any tropes in RP that you feel are misrepresenting your diagnoses, and in what way can others be mindful of those things?

-Since you mentioned that sometimes, your alters play caregiver roles, are there any "designated" that you prefer to run to when frightened? Do any of them ever get annoyed or need breaks? Does this strain your system at all?

-Also feel free to decline to answer, but what are your names, if you know? How would you all like to be addressed?
Jejune Topic Starter

Hello there! ^^
Aardbei wrote:
-Has this ever made it difficult to maintain relationships? A bit of a harder question that you absolutely can decline to answer, but are there things - especially with regard to friendships or relationships - that your community needs to be vigilant about, such as dangerous actors looking to take advantage of your situation? What common advice would you give to people in your community to help protect themselves and others?

It has made it quite difficult at times, especially when Im friends with people who don't exactly know how to be around me when I'm regressed. It's definitely stressful to be a child, and try to have a conversation with a friend who still treats you as an adult. And there are definitely dangerous people out there who will fake things. I've encountered some myself; around 3-4 this last year and a half alone, which is extremely high. So, you do have to remain vigilant, and advice I usually give to other regressors is to always turn to friends first. People you know will have your back. Even if its scary to ask, even if they reject the offer, its always important to ask rather than going to strangers and/or social media. Once you're in a regressed state, you're a child in every sense but physical, so if someone wants to sway you to do something, it takes very little persuasion, which for me personally, has led to a lot of trust issues, trauma, and unwanted sexual favors. I also advise people to try and educate themselves on the misconceptions about regression and the community. There are plenty and its very damaging to us, especially because most people in the community are there for an escape.
Aardbei wrote:
-Are there any tropes in RP that you feel are misrepresenting your diagnoses, and in what way can others be mindful of those things?

Once again, education is extremely important. I have plenty of videos, articles, etc. always on hand for people who want to research or people who are just starting to get interested in the community, because otherwise, people assume we're a kink community like dxlx (ddlb, ddlg, mdlg, etc.) or ageplayers, which is NOT true. In fact, a huge portion of the community doesnt want anything sexual when they're little. It's a major red flag, because you're essentially sexualizing a minor, even if they're in an adult body.
Aardbei wrote:
-Since you mentioned that sometimes, your alters play caregiver roles, are there any "designated" that you prefer to run to when frightened? Do any of them ever get annoyed or need breaks? Does this strain your system at all?

Yes! We have 2, who switch when they get too busy or need breaks; one is a male named Ferris, and the other is a female named Mrs (She prefers not to disclose her name to us haha). But they definitely do get annoyed and need breaks, we have 3 regressors and 4 child alters in our system, one of which is an infant. So, they definitely do get overwhelmed and stressed, but there are people in the system who will babysit in their place for short periods, so its kinda a group effort ;3
Aardbei wrote:
-Also feel free to decline to answer, but what are your names, if you know? How would you all like to be addressed?

We have a plethora of alters, so Ill list them off as briskly as possible :P Little alters names will not be disclosed, for safety reasons.

Regressors
Opal
York/Yorkshire
Sofie

Adults
Mrs
Ferris
Mr (NOT related to Mrs in any way)
Pah

Littles
Genders and ages
(F, 5)
(F, 6-7)
(M, 7)
(M, 1)

Our system name is The Candybun System, with our host being Eliza. We tend to use we/us to refer to us. ^^ I love these questions, please feel free to ask more!!
And today I learned what dxlx is. Well, every day is an adventure.

I'm glad my questions are not too invasive. I admit myself I'm not really sure how to approach a system with kids in it. Does it ever make inhabiting Adults Only (but not necessarily sexual) spaces awkward?

Also, I learned from a different person's thread the other day that alters can be different ages, even older than the host, but how did you find out the ages of your alters? Did they tell you? Was it just 'obvious'? Does one of the others know before the original/host might?
Jejune Topic Starter

Aardbei wrote:
I'm glad my questions are not too invasive. I admit myself I'm not really sure how to approach a system with kids in it. Does it ever make inhabiting Adults Only (but not necessarily sexual) spaces awkward? {/quote]

It does. We usually try to distract them with games when we're in places like that, like at work or in the middle of classes, or just anywhere where little kids generally arent allowed. If we have an alter who is fronting and is about to slip (slang for regress), we usually try to switch out OR have a caregiver co-front so we can still get work done.
Aardbei wrote:
Also, I learned from a different person's thread the other day that alters can be different ages, even older than the host, but how did you find out the ages of your alters? Did they tell you? Was it just 'obvious'? Does one of the others know before the original/host might?

I usually find out by just knowing after some time. It takes a bit of thought, as I have to focus to find things like that out, however the alters can hide it if they choose. My alters are usually kinda open, so its usually not a problem with us. Sometimes they tell us, and other times, they front and we learn through interactions they have with others. The others can know before the host, if they're talking inside the inner world (what we call the place they go when not fronting. Ours is a large room, it may differ from system to system).
Jejune Topic Starter

Aardbei wrote:

Haha, I meant it as xdlx, but my brain was fried. The x's just substitute gender in this case :3
Jejune wrote:
Aardbei wrote:

Haha, I meant it as xdlx, but my brain was fried. The x's just substitute gender in this case :3

Yeah, I had to search DDLG to get a better read and, well, I don't want to kinkshame anyone but I can definitely see where this is a problem for a community of people with a very real divergence, heh.

But at least I found these gems in a search entitled "what is XDLX", which is infinitely hilarious to me:
SjuZPyW.png
Jejune Topic Starter

Thats actually hilarious lmao, and quite ironic XD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I am an Age Regressor!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus