Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Interstella 5555

I have a question. Does anyone on here know the movie interstella 5555?
Dragonfire Moderator

I haven't watched the film in an age, but I still listen to songs from Discovery on the regular. :) "Digital Love" is a particular favourite of mine!
PossitivelyNoOne Topic Starter

Dragonfire wrote:
I haven't watched the film in an age, but I still listen to songs from Discovery on the regular. :) "Digital Love" is a particular favourite of mine!
I keep rewatching it. It's such a good story and without the words. I just find it hard to find people who've watched it.
Have seen it and I L-O-V-E it.
Kim Site Admin

What is it about??
I absolutely love the movie! Stella is so pretty as well. I discovered it by listening to/watching Daft Punk music/videos. I thought it was just an official music video that was animated (NOT an fanmade AMV mind). When I learned it was a movie, it took me a bit to find it, but I finally did and I loved it.!
Dragonfire Moderator

Kim wrote:
What is it about??

A 'silent' film about a space alien band that's kidnapped by a mysterious someone and brainwashed into believing they're human to perform music on Earth, and a mercenary (I think?) who's hired to rescue them. The whole thing is set to the album Discovery by Daft Punk, but there's no dialogue, just the music.

You may have seen some of it back in the early 2000s! The first four songs off the album were released as singles (from what I remember), and the corresponding Interstella 5555 bits served as their music videos.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Interstella 5555

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus