Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Sci-Fi Misadventures- Adults Only (Closed)

The Operator (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Next action:

1) The duck guy goes away and the pair make it outside, no one tries to stop them
2) The duck guy continues to follow the pair and won't leave them alone- he must be dealt with before they can leave.
3) The duck guy goes away, but when the pair leaves the facility, they spot him flagging security and pointing in their direction
4) The duck guy leaves them alone, but they police see them and demand they stop
5) They get outside and a hovercar pulls up and opens the door, they are told to get in
6) They make it out and The Operator's hover van pulls up to the curb
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.

Note: What happens next

As The Operator pushes open the door and starts to exit, a 3-foot-tall green, fuzzy, bi-pedal duck person in a maroon bathrobe runs up to them. "Wait sir or ma'am! You can't go out there! It's not permitted!"

The Operator whirls around surprised, but the duck man turns to Amelia. "Excuse me your excellency, but your handmaiden is about to try to exit the building and it's not been cleared. I do suggest you stop it before it gets you both into a lot of trouble," it says.

"Handmaiden," The Operator repeated. "Well, I never..."

"Oh, thank you kind comrade, we got a bit lost. Mary, darling, let's go find some place to wait." She said, coming to The Operator and grabbing her arm and delicately dragging her back, away from the duck person, fake, sweet smile still on her face.

"Huh? Oh, yes, mistress," The Operator answered. She went from sounding cross and about to chew out the duck creature to an overly pleasant tone. "As you wish."

She turned to the duck. "I'm sorry... but you shouldn't address the Madame directly. It's forbidden!"

The duck's eyes got wide and he bowed. "Tell her excellency a thousand pardons! I didn't realize," it replied and scurred off.

"Let's find another exit." She whispered to The Operator, hoping nobody would hear.

The Operator nodded. "Me, a servant? Of all the nerve," she mumbled under her breath. The Operator watched to make sure the duck fellow was gone and no one else was watching. She took the lead and the pair hurried down a hallway. They'd entered a maintenance area. The door was red and had a sign in a dozen languages. Amelia understood one of them and it read "Authorized Personnel Only".

The Operator produced a card waved it at a sensor and the door opened. "This way, love," She said motioning for Amelia to follow. They continued down a hallway with tubes and pipes running along the hallway before spotting what appeared to be a loading dock. There was no sign of anyone. The Operator found a door that had been left slightly ajar and peered out.

"Come on," She instructed and motioned for Amelia to go through it. After going down a short flight of steps, they found themselves on a sidewalk. There was no sign of any trouble or anyone following them. A moment later, an ITC hover van pulled up to the curb.
Amelia Morgan (played anonymously)

Amelia had hard time to stop herself from laughing out loud at next The operator's words and duck person's reaction. She had to maintain her role of a noble, aristocrat or anything the duck person thought of her, though, so she kept her poker face.

"I'm sorry, I just went for it." Amelia felt the need to apologize. She didn't want to make her new friend feel bad or offended, but that moment, she just thought it was the best option. "I honestly have no idea why this creature would think you are my servant." She added quietly and went with The Operator.

Amelia was truly surprised, The Operator had a card. Was it perk of being with that telecommunication company? She curiously looked around, interested in all pipes and tubes. They didn't look any different than those on Earth. She'd probably be able to learn things quick and get a job in this weird new place too. But definitely not on this planet. She had enough of it and hoped they would be quickly out of it.

Everything was going smoothly now and Amelia hoped nobody would disturb their glorious escape again. It was some kind of a personnel corridors, so they just had to not bump into any worker here. So far, so good, they reached out a room Amelia couldn't name - she couldn't match it with any place she saw on Earth, and went with The Operator to the door.

She nodded and followed her, when she was instructed to go out. It still seemed nobody had followed them. Amelia sighed with relief and smiled, seeing the familiar van. "We did it?" She asked, excited like a child on a festival. She had many more questions, but they waited until they got inside the van. "Where is the phone you... No, we, need to fix? Do you think they can check us? That we ran away?"

Complications:

1) There are no problems and no one follows them.
2) The ITC van is a decoy
3) Just as they are about to get into the van, security comes running up and yells for them to stop
4) They make it out, but get lost looking for the payphone
5) They find the payphone and The Operator finds something at the payphone that leads to a new issue.
6) They get to the payphone, it rings and they get a strange message.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.

Note: Next

Amelia had hard time to stop herself from laughing out loud at next The operator's words and duck person's reaction. She had to maintain her role of a noble, aristocrat or anything the duck person thought of her, though, so she kept her poker face.

"I'm sorry, I just went for it." Amelia felt the need to apologize. She didn't want to make her new friend feel bad or offended, but that moment, she just thought it was the best option. "I honestly have no idea why this creature would think you are my servant." She added quietly and went with The Operator.

“Who knows,” The Operator replied, clearly not upset. “You did good, love!”

Amelia was truly surprised, The Operator had a card. Was it perk of being with that telecommunication company? She curiously looked around, interested in all pipes and tubes. They didn't look any different than those on Earth. She'd probably be able to learn things quick and get a job in this weird new place too. But definitely not on this planet. She had enough of it and hoped they would be quickly out of it.

Everything was going smoothly now and Amelia hoped nobody would disturb their glorious escape again. It was some kind of a personnel corridors, so they just had to not bump into any worker here. So far, so good, they reached out a room Amelia couldn't name - she couldn't match it with any place she saw on Earth, and went with The Operator to the door.

She nodded and followed her, when she was instructed to go out. It still seemed nobody had followed them. Amelia sighed with relief and smiled, seeing the familiar van. "We did it?" She asked, excited like a child on a festival. She had many more questions, but they waited until they got inside the van. "Where is the phone you... No, we, need to fix? Do you think they can check us? That we ran away?"

The Operator shrugged. “Maybe, but are we really important enough to bother with,” She mused rhetorically. “Surely, these people have better things to do. All this to fix a bloody payphone…”

Yoo-nit opened the door and turned its eyestalks to look at the pair. Just then, they heard a voice. “Hey, you! Stop! Get back here,” It was a heavyset human with pink hair in some sort of uniform, although he didn’t appear to be a cop. He was running up to them and had come out of a different door. There was still time to hop in the van before he got close.

The Operator sighed. “Do we make a break for it or see what this bloke wants,’ She whisped. “We’ll be here all day if we do… maybe even several days… Watcha think, love?”

Amelia listened to The Operator and nodded. "Yeah...", right they probably weren't that important. But, the rules of this crazy place might have been. What if everyone here were super crazy about bacteria and viruses and they actually would check? But... She had enough. It would be perfect if they could just leave that payphone broken and get out of here, but work was work and she was going to help, so at least it would be faster.

She loudly groaned, hearing another person trying to stop them and looked at the guy running towards them. He didn't seem to be a cop, but could definitely be from security or some other personnel, that would want to stop their glorious escape and she was not going to risk it. "I'd say pedal to the metal, dear...", she replied with a serious face, "I don't want to spend here any more time than absolutely necessary." Could luck be on their side once more? They almost made it, nobody was following them so long, until now... Was this pink-haired punk going to ruin their plan? And she didn't want to stay in bathrobe and slippers for much longer too.

"All right, no time to lose!" She decided, jumping onto passenger's seat. They had to evacuate themselves as fast as they could, before the guy reached them, or at least that was what she thought.

1. Something stops the pair's escape.
2. Amelia makes it into the van, but The Operator isn't able to follow.
3. They jump in the van and make their getaway. It doesn't appear they are beign followed.
4. They get in the van but there is an obvious pursuit.
rolled 4d4 and got a natural 7.
1 4 1 1

Note: Escape?

Crap! I did 4d4 instead of 1d4...

1. Something stops the pair's escape.
2. Amelia makes it into the van, but The Operator isn't able to follow.
3. They jump in the van and make their getaway. It doesn't appear they are beign followed.
4. They get in the van but there is an obvious pursuit.
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 2.

Note: Escape, take 2!

Amelia loudly groaned, hearing another person trying to stop them and looked at the guy running towards them. He didn't seem to be a cop, but could definitely be from security or some other personnel, that would want to stop their glorious escape and she was not going to risk it. "I'd say pedal to the metal, dear...", she replied with a serious face, "I don't want to spend here any more time than absolutely necessary." Could luck be on their side once more? They almost made it, nobody was following them so long, until now... Was this pink-haired punk going to ruin their plan? And she didn't want to stay in bathrobe and slippers for much longer too.

"Agreed, love," The Operator declared.

"All right, no time to lose!" She decided, jumping onto passenger's seat. They had to evacuate themselves as fast as they could, before the guy reached them, or at least that was what she thought.

Just as The Operator was about to climb into the driver seat, she found herself ensnared in some kind of restraining device, apparently fired by their pursuer. The Operator found herself being yanked away from the van. "Yoo-nit! get her out of here, don't worry about me," The Operator called out. "I'll figure out something!"

Amelia noticed through the front windshield that the pursuer was some sort of cop or security person and had a gun-like weapon that had fired either a net or some sort of bola that had snared The Operator. Before Amelia could respond or react, the door slammed shut on the van. Yoo-nit's eyes were above the dash. Clearly, the little droid was driving the van which sped off, leaving its driver behind. Amelia was pushed back in her seat as the van took off at a high rate of speed. She could hear the wheels screeching as they merged into traffic. In the mirror on the door, Amelia could see The Operator lying on the sidewalk struggling as their purser ran up to her.

It all had happened so fast, before Amelia could do anything, she was squeezed into the seat as the van accelerated with speed she would have never thought it was able to. All she could do was look into the mirror and see how that pink-haired dude ran to The Operator, who was struggling on the sidewalk. "No, no, no..." She began panicking, "If only Anthony was there..." She mumbled, but quickly regained her composure. She shouldn't even think like that. She was strong and more often than not solved her problems herself. She might have been in a completely unfamiliar place, on a different planet, but she shouldn't give up.

She had to come up with some plan and, this time, save her savior. Sure, The Operator said she'd come up with something, but Amelia was not going to run away. Who knows what kind of tortures would they use? Maybe they'd put her in a never ending line full of grumpy old people? Or crying children. Or maybe they will force her to fill in millions of colorful papers... Jokes aside, Amelia was genuinely worried, but first things first. She looked at Yoo-nit, "Hey, do you know where spare clothes are?" She asked, but without waiting for an answer, she started to look through the van, talking, partly to herself, partly do the droid, "Okay, it would be nice if there was something I could use as a weapon... I know violence is not an answer, but sometimes... The plan is, as soon as I find clothes and change, you turn back and go to the place where they caught her. I will get out of the car and try to find her or at least where they took her to... You will make sure the van will be waiting for us, when we will need it..."

Amelia was aware that her plan was not exactly a plan, but it was all she could think of. She would need to improvise a lot, but it was an emergency.
U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Amelia had a bit of a meltdown as she got in the van and realized The Operator was unable to follow. She watched helplessly as the little computer took off and The Operator disappeared in the rear mirror as her pink-haired-captor moved in on her.

"Hey, do you know where spare clothes are?" She asked, but without waiting for an answer, she started to look through the van, talking, partly to herself, partly to the droid."

"Ummm," The robot said. It was still driving but swiveled its eyes off the road and turned them for a brief moment to look at her. Although its eyes were no longer on the road, the van seemed to hold its lane, although it did make the ride a little bit scarier. So far, it did not seem that anyone was following it.

Amelia was able to find what looked like some suitcases in the back. If opened, she found some basic toiletries, multiple changes of clothes including several work jumpsuits, and other clothing including a formal gown, a nice pair of heels, and some jewelry that must be for special occasions. It appeared The Operator was planning to travel for a while. She must be a good distance from wherever she lived.

"Okay, it would be nice if there was something I could use as a weapon... I know violence is not an answer, but sometimes... The plan is, as soon as I find clothes and change, you turn back and go to the place where they caught her. I will get out of the car and try to find her or at least where they took her to... You will make sure the van will be waiting for us when we will need it..."

A further search did not reveal any weapons, but there were various tools and some sort of diagnostic equipment in a briefcase, probably for testing space pay phones.

"Ship," Yoo-nit corrected. The droid's eyes rotated back to the road and suddenly the van picked up speed and cut in and out of traffic and got onto an expressway. They seemed to be heading out of town.

Yoo-nit turned its eyes back to the girl again who was now rummaging around in the rear of the van. "You must save The Operator," it said in a staccato monotone voice, stating the obvious.

Amelia was aware that her plan was not exactly a plan, but it was all she could think of. She would need to improvise a lot, but it was an emergency.

The van was starting to leave the city. "Destination," It asked her, eyes still focused on her instead of the road. The van slowed and blended into the traffic despite the robot not watching where it was driving. The gas, brake pedals, and steering wheel seemed to move themselves as the van cruised along. Clearly, the vehicle was on autopilot. There were still no signs of any sort of pursuit.

Yoo-nit was not exactly helpful with her questions, but she managed to find the suitcases and, apologizing in her mind for probably disturbing The Operator's privacy, she looked through them, not aware that robot was not looking at the road. "Bingo," she mumbled, taking one of the work jumpsuits. It was probably the best option for now. She couldn't find a weapon, but some of the tools she found in the van should be enough to knock someone down. "Poor her, seems to be long way from home..." Amelia commented, forgetting about her own situation for now, focused on saving her new friend, changing and putting the tools in a way she looked as if she was to work, not on a rescue mission, "Yes, yes, the ship."

She almost tripped when the van changed lanes and mumbled a curse under her breath. She regained her balance and got back to the front seat. "Destination, yes, get back to the place where you took me from," she said, as she made sure nobody was following them, by looking into the mirrors, "I will save her, that's my main objective now."

But was it the best option? What if they were looking for them, just around that place? Maybe she should walk? But it seemed they drove off a bit too far for that already. And, the most important, did the pink-haired guy remember her face?

"But, wait, can you check if there is another way to that place? Somewhere from the back, not the front?" Amelia requested the droid and reached into the back again. There for sure was something she could do some make-up with. Her eyes landed on the formal gown... Maybe she should dress up in that and go to play princess in front of the duck-person? Maybe they would help her? What should she do? But, the duck-person might have been as well the culprit who sent security after them. After giving it a thought, she decided to stick with plan A. She found make-up accessories and went back to the front and adjusted the mirror, so she could see herself. She doubted Yoo-nit needed it anyway.

"Affirmative" the robot responded when Ameilia requested they return to the city using a different route. She was still in the back, but the vehicle began moving again. The ship did not get back on the same highway it had just left from. Instead, it took what appeared to be side roads and cut through an industrial area.

After a little while, it went down a long stretch of roadway going over a large body of water. Below, there were futuristic looking boats and barges. Some were in the water while others appeared to hover over it. There were great towers rising in the distance from the water. Once across the bridge, it was unclear what kind of area they entered. The featureless buildings gave no clue as to their purpose. Were they businesses? Residences? Something else? It was hard to say.

The van then entered a tunnel and went deep underground. While there were lights illuminating the roadway, it still felt dark and claustrophobic. All sorts of vehicles went past the van. After awhile, Yoo-nit turned off to a single gated tollbooth. There were no signs of life. After transmitting some codes, the barricade arm rose and the van proceeded. It was dark and there was no sign of life. It appeared they were deep underground.

"We have arrived at your destination," The computer informed her.

Amelia was used to van's sudden movements, so this time she wasn't caught off guard when van began moving. She got back to the front and, after make up, she looked outside the window, watching the new world she was into. It was different from the Earth. From HER Earth, as she couldn't say for sure she wasn't in some kind of alternative universe. Right now, she was more than willing to believe it existed. She was speaking with an anthropomorphic duck. Here, everything was possible.

She was looking around curiously, really interested in the purpose of the buildings, of the area they had entered. "Hey, Yoo-nit, do you now the name of this area?," she asked, hoping they robot would satisfy her curiosity, but at the same time, she didn't expect too much.

The tunnel made her uncomfortable, by how long and dark it was, the fact that there was no one else going their way was both, worrying and calming. If there was nobody, she could execute her plan easier, but at the same time, did it mean this place was no good?

Amelia was a little surprised, when Yoo-nit told her they arrived. She thought they'd get out from the underground, but it seemed they were deep down under the building. Nobody was there as well. But it was not a time to panic. She had to save The Operator. She took tools, a manual she found and some kind of a badge, trying to look as professional as possible and went out of the van, looking around for some sign, map or a lift that could get her up. Stairs would be fine too, if there was nothing better, but she was not sure how deep they were right now.

After walking around for a while, she finally spotted something that looked like a lift door. She went to it and pressed a button. It made a "beep" sound and after a few seconds door opened. She decided to choose "0" floor. Her plan was not a plan. It was a great improvisation... But well, in the end maybe they would at least end up in one cell...

She was looking around curiously, really interested in the purpose of the buildings, of the area they had entered. "Hey, Yoo-nit, do you now the name of this area?," she asked, hoping they robot would satisfy her curiosity, but at the same time, she didn't expect too much.

"We are in Sector 331," the droid replied in its normal, deep, staccato voice.

The tunnel made her uncomfortable, by how long and dark it was, the fact that there was no one else going their way was both, worrying and calming. If there was nobody, she could execute her plan easier, but at the same time, did it mean this place was no good?

Amelia was a little surprised, when Yoo-nit told her they arrived. She thought they'd get out from the underground, but it seemed they were deep down under the building. Nobody was there as well. But it was not a time to panic. She had to save The Operator. She took tools, a manual she found and some kind of a badge, trying to look as professional as possible and went out of the van, looking around for some sign, map or a lift that could get her up. Stairs would be fine too, if there was nothing better, but she was not sure how deep they were right now.

As Amelia looked around, it dawned on her she was beneath the area where they took The Operator. At least, they must be in proximity to the location somewhere above her. It appeared that there was a labyrinth of tunnels and maintenance corridors below the city. There was no sign of life or eve droids here. It was as if the area was forgotten. Was this why Yoo-nit had opted to bring her to this area instead?

After walking around for a while, she finally spotted something that looked like a lift door. She went to it and pressed a button. It made a "beep" sound and after a few seconds door opened. She decided to choose "0" floor. Her plan was not a plan. It was a great improvisation... But well, in the end maybe they would at least end up in one cell...

"Floor 0," The elevator said. It was a bit run down. Some of the lights didn't work, the robotic voice sounded a bit draggy and out of tune. The elevator car felt dirty and unattended. A small door was hanging open exposing wiring and relays.

"Psst," a tiny voice suddenly said somewhere near Amelia's head. When she looked around, she saw no one. Had she imagined it?

"Sector 331, huh?" Amelia mumbled, thinking maybe it would have been wise if she had gotten herself a map first. But... Did she even had money? It was too late to think about it anyway, so she focused on her rescue mission.

Amelia was curious as if the tunnels were beneath whole city. It would mean, she probably could sneak into anywhere The Operator was... But at the same time, she wasn't sure if there were enough of exits. This place didn't look like many people cared about it. It was empty, rather dirty, with spiderwebs there and there... Just like typical abandoned place. Thinking about how much they tried to decontaminate them, if this place was in use, it'd be perfectly clean.

The elevator was far from making the ride feel safe and comfortable, but she had to endure it. Amelia just hoped it wouldn't suddenly stop and break. The ride seemed to take forever and when she finally reached her goal, she heard a voice. Looking around, there was nothing, but she remembered the encounter in the bus... "Look, if you want money or something, I don't have it..." She said into the space, feeling a little as if she had lost her mind.
Laralute (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

The elevator was far from making the ride feel safe and comfortable, but she had to endure it. Amelia just hoped it wouldn't suddenly stop and break. The ride seemed to take forever and when she finally reached her goal, she heard a voice. Looking around, there was nothing, but she remembered the encounter in the bus... "Look, if you want money or something, I don't have it..." She said into the space, feeling a little as if she had lost her mind.

The sounds of the elevator began to quiet and suddenly, Amelia became aware of a new noise. It was a buzzing sound and at first, it was hard to pinpoint exactly where the sound might be coming from in the lift car. After a moment, it seemed to come from the opposite corner in which she was standing.

"Money? No, I wasn't looking for money but if you have some and ya wanna get rid of it n' such I'm happy to take it," The tiny high-pitched voice replied. It began speaking quickly and not giving Amelia even a moment to cut in. "I mean who doesn't like free money or free anything else for that matter? But I was gonna say you seem a bit lost n' stuff and I thought maybe I could help ya. I mean you clearly don't belong in here. Who else tries to come into the city from the underground n' what not? I saw you got out of that service van n' all but I have a funny feelin' you're not really a repair person or whatever you're supposed to be... I have a pretty good intuition and such. So, seems to me you're in some sorta trouble n' maybe I can help ya or something that is if you want help... It's not like it's any of my bee's wax or whatnot and ya didn't actually ask so if you don't want my help or whatever, just say so and I'll be on my way."

Suddenly, at the opposite end of the car, a tiny fairy-like person appeared at eye-level with Amelia but stayed well out of the human woman's reach. Her tiny wings buzzed like an insect or hummingbird. She fluttered there in mid-air expectantly, waiting to see if Amelia would accept her offer for help with her arms folded across her chest.

Amelia for a moment wondered if there was some talking bug. At this point it shouldn't surprise her, right? She listened to the monologue quietly, not that she was able to cut it anyway. The more she listened, the more disheartened she was becoming. It was that visible, she was not from here and she was lost? That she had no clue what she was doing and she was not who she tried to act as? She sighed, when the voice stopped and the a surprised gasp left her mouth. A fairy! She managed to calm herself down, before she said something stupid and possibly offensive. Could she trust that fairy-person though? Could it get any worse than this though? She thought for a while and sighed. Either way, she was destined to fail, but maybe, just maybe, the fairy was really willing to help and with her, she'd be able to save The Operator?

"Yes... You are right, I am lost and in trouble," she started, trying to find right words, "There was some kind of misunderstanding and they took my friend somewhere, so I am trying to find her. I was a bit worried if they will want to catch me too, so I found another way into the city. That's how I ended here, but it's my first time on this planet, so I am a bit lost... I would be very grateful if you could help me." Amelia smiled a little to the fairy-person and realized it may be a good idea to introduce herself, even though the fairy-person didn't, "I'm Amelia, nice to meet you."
Laralute (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Misunderstandin'? Oh I hate those! They are the worst n' what not! Yeah this planet is really big and easy to get lost on cuz I'm real small as you can see and its huge to me and I got lost myself n' all but eventually I found out where I was but that's another story you don't really probably wanna hear or what not because it really isn't that interesting, I mean probably not or whatnot because this isn't about me itsa bout you n'stuff. Anyway, I wanna help ya cuz I'm nice like that and that's kinda what space fairies do which is what I am if ya haven't figured it out yet but you look pretty smart n' prolly did anyway, but in case not I'm tellin' ya that now. So, anyway, we established your lost n' whatnot so I can help you. How did you come to be on this lift anyway? Oh! What about your friend? Was she on this lift when you lost her? If we can get back there 'n such, we might be able to find her and whatnot. Did ya just get separated? Oh! You said she got taken over a misunderstandin'. You mean like the law like she was arrested or detained by a rent-a-space cop over a parking violation or are we talking the space mafia kind o' misunderstanding? That would sure complicate things! Oh by the way I'm Laralute or LL if you prefer, Ameilia. Nice ta meet you!"

The little fairy talked really fast and spoke in what seemed like one continuous run-on sentence for several minutes before she finally paused and gave Amelia a chance to respond. Suddenly, there was a ding, a shutter and the rickety doors on the elevator car opened.

"Oh! Looks like we're here! Level 0! Sorry you were sayin," LL said as the doors opened leading to a dark interior corridor.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Sci-Fi Misadventures- Adults Only (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus