Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Sci-Fi Misadventures- Adults Only (Closed)

Amelia Morgan (played anonymously)

Amelia nodded, agreeing with The Operator's thought about corporations in general. She also listened to the explanation about wires. "Oh, I see, it makes sense... But oh, wow, working in space, it must be something. I've always wanted to go into space!" She said, excitedly. Alcohol hit her again, this time even more. "Yes, I will learn fast to not be so big problem... Oh gods, my stomach is so upset now... I'm so dizzy too..." She sat down and put her head on the bar, trying hard to keep herself together. And that would be all in the topic of not being a big problem.
The Operator (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"You don't want to go into space like that love," The Operator replied. She waved to the barkeep. "One coffee, black, please. It's for her." The Operator gestured to Amelia.

"Drink that and we'll wait till you feel a bit better and we'll be on our way then," The Operator said. "You'll get to see space then. It's not all that exciting really. You have to suit up if you need to get out of your car..."

"Ship," Yoo-nit interrupted from the floor.

The Operator rolled her eyes in annoyance. The bartender set some coffee in a mug in front of Amelia. It looked and smelled just like coffee from Earth.

"Don't argue with me you daft little toaster," The Operator scoffed. "I have half a mind to leave you here. Maybe the bartender could use you to reheat appetizers or something."

"I am a highly useful and very sophisticated machine," the droid retorted.

"You keep telling yourself that, love," The Operator shot back. She turned back to Amelia and spoke in a softer voice. "Maybe you should take something so you don't get a headache before we head out. They 'ave these little vending machines in the lavatory. You do have loos on Earth I assume? Anyway, you pop in a few coins and you can get yourself some caplets so you won't get a hangover."

Amelia nodded. In her current state she didn't want to go anywhere. She listened to The Operator and was very thankful for the coffee. "Thank you." She said as she took the mug and started drinking. It not only looked and smelled like the Earth one, it also tasted like it too. "How nice." She murmured to herself, it definitely helped.

She found the conversation between The Operator and Yoo-nit amusing. She wondered how the robot had been programmed, that it was so full of itself. She hoped it really knew the way to her home, but she had a feeling it would be too easy.

At The Operator's suggestion, Amelia nodded again. "I see. Yes, I'd gladly take something, so I wouldn't be dying later." She said with a smile, but... She didn't have any coins of course. At least not ones, that would fit into machines here. "Um... I'm sorry, but I have to ask you for a coin or two... I promise I will work it back." She said, feeling rather uncomfortable in this situation. It was very different from asking her brother for money, but she had no choice for now. She was going to work hard to show she was not just an useless, lost girl, from some backwater planet.

"No worries, love. It is literally pocket change," she replied nodding in response.

The Operator reached into her pocket and fished out a handful of coins. She plunked them down on the bar in front of Amelia. They were not unlike the coins of ancient Earth. There were no chips or other technology on them. They were simply flat discs made from pressed metal. The symbols were unknown to her, but strangely, she could read the writing just like the signs in the bar. The coins were identified as being minted by the Intergalactic Trade Federation. Each had varying 5 digit numbers which might be the current year given some were identical and others were only a few digits off. Their denominations (value) were also noted.

"The loo is over there," The Operator said gesturing across the bar. The sign for the lavatory had 3 distinct symbols. One for a bipedal male in a stick-figure-like form, one representing the female gender, and a third with a ? Beings came and went from the lavatory much like people would do in a bar or restaurant from Earth.

The Operator didn't show any sign of going with her and stayed seated on her barstool. Yoo-nit remained at the base of the barstool. Its eyes were tilted up at The Operator. The machine was silent and unmoving for the moment and it appeared The Operator was ignoring him. She took a sip of her drink and flipped through her phonebook.

Amelia thanked her again anyway and picked up the coins. They looked so normal, she was somewhat impressed. She'd probably think about it more, but her drunken state didn't help.

She nodded to The Operator and went to the loo. She curiously looked at the symbols. For a moment she even thought about going into the one marked as "?", curious how it looked like inside, but what if she offended someone or something by this? She definitely didn't want to cause more problems than she already had had, so she went into the one marked as for bipedal female creatures. It wasn't any different than the toilet she knew from Earth. That was somehow relieving. After she was done with her business, she went out to buy the pills The Operator told her about. She hoped they would help. She got a few and went back to the bar, sitting next to The Operator. "Should I take them now? Or later?" She asked, not sure what to do. She looked at Yoo-nit, but the robot seemed to be on standby mode, so she didn't say anything about it.

The lavatory did very much resemble Earth's with restroom stalls and sinks. There is a slurping noise coming from a toilet behind the stall of a closed door. A bipedal dog wearing the uniform of a sanitation worker has water dripping from its chin. It looks embarrassed and hurries out of the restroom before Amelia could react.

Near the door mounted on the wall are several coin-operated vending (note: this is common in the restrooms of bars/pubs and large gas stations/truck stops in the US). There is also a coin-operated scale and breathalyzer machine to make sure patrons are not over the legal limit. The vending machines contain items such as condoms, breath mints, laxatives, medication for motion sickness and nausea as well as headache and hangover preventions.

When Amelia puts the coins in the slots and turns the handle she gets packets containing 2 pills. The instructions indicate they should be taken with water. Once Amelia returns from the restroom, she finds The Operator still on her bar stool. Yoo-nit doesn't appear to have moved, but its eyes shift toward her when she returns and sits down again.

"Should I take them now? Or later?" She asked, not sure what to do. She looked at Yoo-nit, but the robot seemed to be on standby mode, so she didn't say anything about it.

"Take them now, love. You want it to kick in as soon as possible," The Operator advised. She flagged down the bartender. The brown furry creature brought Amelia a tall glass of ice water with what looked like a purple lemon on the side of the glass and sat it down in front of her.

"Let's give those a few minutes to kick in and we'll be on our way," The Operator suggested. "I think I've found a place that might be able to get you back home. It also happens to be near a payphone that nears servicing. That ought to be helpful."
U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

The little droid made a series of noises. Various lights flashed and it belched out more smoke as soon as The Operator finished speaking.

"The Misplaced Persons Bureau," Yoo-nit suddenly chimed in. "They might know how to get her back home."

"That does it, buddy," The bartender barked. He again pointed at the no-smoking sign. "Out! Out! Out!"

"Sorry," Yoo-nit replied. "I'll be waiting on the ship."

"Van," The Operator retorted.

"You might want to get her some barf bags before you let her onboard," Yoo-nit said turning its eyestalks to look at Amelia a moment before turning them to the door and rolling out of the bar. The Operator's gaze followed the little wheeled box all the way to the door before turning her attention back to the bar and shaking her head again.

Amelia smiled to The Operator and studied the "lemon" very focused. It had a very pretty color. It smelled good as well. Different than the lemons on Earth, but very pretty. "Hey," she spoke to the bartender, "What's this? Can I eat it?" She asked, but instead of waiting, she just took it and bit it. She grimaced as the fruit was as sour as a lemon from the Earth, but it did have some hidden taste that lemons she knew, hadn't had. This hidden taste was probably what made her eat it whole in the end. Then she took the pills and drank the water.

She waited for the pills to work, listening to the Operator's words. She wanted to ask about the place her new acquaintance had on mind, but Yoo-nit startled her and when the robot said "The Misplaced Persons Bureau", she only said "ah".

"I won't be needing a barf bags. I don't have motion sickness," she replied, although Yoo-nit had already left. She sighed and turned her attention back to The Operator. "Do you really think they can help me? Even though there are no teleportation stations on Earth and we are so... Well, backward?"

"It's a lemon for your water," it said with a shrug. "Pretty standard thing in most restaurants and bars. Guess you ain't from around here."

The Operator raised an eyebrow when Ameilia asked about the purple lemon and then proceeded to eat the entire thing, although she didn't comment on the matter.

After taking the pills, Amelia began to feel better almost immediately. Not only did the caplets clear her head, but she suddenly felt a lot less tipsy.

Yoo-nit suggested Amelia get barf bags before the droid saw itself out of the pub.

"I won't be needing a barf bags. I don't have motion sickness," she replied, although Yoo-nit had already left. She sighed and turned her attention back to The Operator.

"Well then, are you feeling better? Let's be off then," The Operator suggested gathering her tools and phone book and standing up. She motioned for the bartender who handed her a slip of paper. She plunked down some money and tossed some change into the tip jar on top of the bar.

"Do you really think they can help me? Even though there are no teleportation stations on Earth and we are so... Well, backward?"

The Operator shrugged. "I don't know," She replied. "I've never been there or met someone who randomly found themselves teleported to a pub before, so this is definitely a new one for me. It couldn't hurt, though. Besides, they're on the way. Come along, love!"

After paying, The Operator lead Amelia back outside. Her van was a boxy-looking vehicle on four wheels. It was silver and had a logo on the side near the rear upper corner that said GTC in white blocky letters inside a red rectangle with rounded corners. She gestured for Amelia to get in on the passenger side and she climbed into the driver seat.

The Operator glanced down at Yoo-nit. The little droid was on the floor between the two seats and docked into the center console. "Yoo-nit, set the coordinates for our next stop," The Operator instructed.

"Um... Out lemons look different. They are yellow... And... Different." Amelia said, seeing The Operator's look. She felt very stupid now. She should think about her movements more carefully.

Pills made her feel better immediately, so when her new friend paid and gestured to her to go out, she jumped off her stool and followed. Science was amazing. Pills healing the hangover. They had similar ones on the Earth, but they weren't as effective as the ones here.

Amelia listened to The Operator quietly. So she didn't know if that bureau would be able to help her, but decided to try. This whole situation was hilarious. A person randomly teleported into a pub. As if she was destined to get wasted... But if it was on the way and it wasn't a problem, it was possibly worth to try. Maybe, just maybe, they could send ber home. But if they did, how would she repay The Operator? She didn't want to be a burden to anyone. Even if The Operator said it was nothing, she still had spent money on her.

Amelia sighed and jumped on the passengers seat. The van didn't look very different from cars on the Earth, just like an older model. She watched as little robot was doing its thing. Its functionality was similar to Earth's GPS, but he looked very different.

"Thank you for helping me." She finally said. Now, when she fully sobered up, she felt strong anxiety. Everything was uncertain and she didn't like that, although, there was a quiet voice in her head, calling for an adventure in this unknown world.

Amelia sighed and jumped on the passengers seat. The van didn't look very different from cars on the Earth, just like an older model. She watched as little robot was doing its thing. Its functionality was similar to Earth's GPS, but he looked very different.

"Thank you for helping me." She finally said. Now, when she fully sobered up, she felt strong anxiety. Everything was uncertain and she didn't like that, although, there was a quiet voice in her head, calling for an adventure in this unknown world.

"No worries, Love," The Operator replied.

Once everyone was strapped in, the van slowly rose from the ground, the wheels folded in and it took flight. A few minutes later, the pub was behind them and they were in space. The van didn't get far before it slowed to a stop. Dozens of ships were all floating in front of them as if dead.

"What's going on," The Operator asked glancing at Yoo-nit in the floor. "Why are all of those ships stopped up ahead?"

"Um.... traffic," The droid replied. "Expect a delay."

The Operator groaned in frustration, hit the steering wheel, and rolled her eyes.

"How do we have a traffic jam in space," She asked annoyed.

"Um...There's an accident ahead," Yoo-nit replied.

"Well, this is just lovely," The Opertor sighed. She turned to Amelia. "Welcome to space... it's not all that exciting is it? Now, the important thing to remember is not to roll down the window or you'll let our oxegyn out. Also, you want to keep your seat belt on or you'll be floating all over the place."

She turned the radio on and reclined the driver's seat a bit. An ancient pop song "Smooth Operator" was playing. Of course, the original version was recorded by Sade, but her name had long been forgotten. The song had been re-recorded dozens of times and an unfamiliar singer was singing it.

"Ancient folk song," The Operator explained. "No idea who wrote it or where it comes from but I like to pretend it's about me, even if it was written several millennia ago."

Amelia gasped surprised when the van started flying. She curiously looked out the window. It was truly fascinating and very new to her. She had never thought that going into space could be that easy. It was even surreal. She wondered if anyone back home would believe her, if she had told them about all of these fascinating things that happened to her.

When they stopped, she curiously listened to Yoo-nit's explanation. She wanted to ask the same question as The Operator, "How do we have a traffic jam in space," but as she was surpassed, she simply listened to the answer., which actually made her have even more questions. "So, there are roads in the space? Like, you can't just fly wherever you want and ignore the traffic jam?"

She just nodded at the warnings. While flying around sounded somehow tempting, letting the oxygen out was something she definitely wanted to avoid.

Amelia frowned hearing the song. "I have never heard it before," she said and focused on the lyrics. "Interesting. It is really nice. It sounds like there are real instruments, what is rather not happening in the music we have on Earth."

She looked out of the window again. "Do we really... Can't just skip them?"

When they stopped, she curiously listened to Yoo-nit's explanation. She wanted to ask the same question as The Operator, "How do we have a traffic jam in space," but as she was surpassed, she simply listened to the answer., which actually made her have even more questions. "So, there are roads in the space? Like, you can't just fly wherever you want and ignore the traffic jam?"

She just nodded at the warnings. While flying around sounded somehow tempting, letting the oxygen out was something she definitely wanted to avoid.

"Well, er, um... sort of," The Operator stammered, not quite sure how to answer the question. She glanced down at Yoo-nit and started to ask it, but then changed her mind. "Uh well, love. Yes and no. There are paths, like roads, but not quite like paved roads on the planet's surface and... uh..."

Amelia frowned hearing the song. "I have never heard it before," she said and focused on the lyrics. "Interesting. It is really nice. It sounds like there are real instruments, what is rather not happening in the music we have on Earth."

"Music varies all over the galaxy," The Operator explained. "There is this one race, the Oods, that can make music in their minds and project it in the minds of others. Their races of insect people who make percussive-like music just by clicking their mandibles together and then of course you have varying degrees of music made with computers, voices, and or instruments. This one particular song maybe real instruments. I'm not quite sure."

She looked out of the window again. "Do we really... Can't just skip them?"

The Operator turned her attention back to the traffic and again to the little droid. "Well, you worthless bucket of bolts, isn't there an alternate route or something we can take to get around this mess? How long are we going to be stuck floating here," The Operator demanded, obviously annoyed with the droid.

The Operator turned her attention back to the traffic and again to the little droid. "Well, you worthless bucket of bolts, isn't there an alternate route or something we can take to get around this mess? How long are we going to be stuck floating here," The Operator demanded, obviously annoyed with the droid.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....," Yoo-nit replied in a monotone voice. It began making a series of whirrs, beeps, and dings. After a moment, the red light came on above its eyes and it belched out another cloud. The Operator fanned it away as she coughed. Instinctively she went to roll down the window.

"You'll let the oxygen out," Yoo-nit informed her. The Operator groaned again and rolled her eyes. "Calculating new route... stand by...."

"Don't fog us out of here," The Operator snapped.

The computer did make more noise but there was no back-firing this time. The flag on its shoulder bounced up and down and the red light came on once more. Then, there was a beeping noise. The van began to move in reverse. The droid's eyes telescoped above the dash but were pointed towards the rear of the vehicle.

"What's going on," The Operator demanded.

"We're backing up," Yoo-nit replied in a bored-sounding voice, stating the obvious. A moment later, the van turned in the other direction and headed back to the service station they just left. Yoo-nits eyes rotated so it was looking out the front windshield again.

"What are you doing? Why are we going back," The Operator demanded.

"Trust me," The droid replied. It cut through the gas station and gravity returned once more inside the van. It only lasted a moment before the van was airborne again and blasted into space.

"Why didn't you do that the first time," The Operator asked.

"It was a new accident," Yoo-nit informed her. This time, there was no traffic and the van rocketed through the void of space at a high rate of speed.

Amelia listened to the explanation frowning. "Yeah, I get it, but... It's just weird that you can't just fly anywhere..." She said, thinking hard, and after a while added, "Though if it was possible it might cause... A mess." She couldn't think of any other reason of there being 'paths' in the universe... Maybe they were there also to prevent accidents? But it seemed they were happening anyway...

What The Operator said about music had a lot of sense too, so Amelia nodded, but then froze a bit. "Insect-people? INSECT?" She wasn't a fan of insects. She was also unable to imagine how these things could look like. "Are they like... Intelligent? Would they get offended if I was scared of them?" She asked with the speed of a rocket and sighed. "I don't know if I can get used to this... Maybe it would be better to leave me somewhere peaceful and I'd try to rebuild my life there... But, please, without insects..."

She stopped whining to look at Yoo-nit, coughing a little as it released the cloud of smoke. "It definitely shouldn't do something like that, even if he was a toaster before someone put a navigation system in it." She noticed. The urge to dismantle the robot into parts to, firstly, see what was inside it, secondly, to make it stop burning inside, was real.

Amelia curiously watched how droid calculated alternative route, confused when they started to go back, but in the end it seemed trusting the robot was a good decision... Or not and they would end up on insect-people planet. But hey, at least the no longer were stuck in a traffic jam. Amelia glued herself to the window, enjoying the view of space... "Wooooaaaah it's just like in sci-fi movies!" She said, thrilled. "Hey, if there are weird creatures like these in the bar, insect-people and people projecting music using their minds, is there a race of, let's say, fairies? Ones like from fairytale, tiny, cute with wings?"

Amelia listened to the explanation frowning. "Yeah, I get it, but... It's just weird that you can't just fly anywhere..." She said, thinking hard, and after a while added, "Though if it was possible it might cause... A mess." She couldn't think of any other reason for there being 'paths' in the universe... Maybe they were there also to prevent accidents? But it seemed they were happening anyway..."

"All the time, love," The Operator replied with a nod. "We have space lanes and established routes for the same reason there are roads when you are driving around on the planet, even if you're in hover mode. The skies do have rules when people are flying in low atmosphere on your Earth, right? I mean, you do have flying vehicles I assume, love."

What The Operator said about music had a lot of sense too, so Amelia nodded, but then froze a bit. "Insect-people? INSECT?" She wasn't a fan of insects. She was also unable to imagine how these things could look like. "Are they like... Intelligent? Would they get offended if I was scared of them?" She asked with the speed of a rocket and sighed. "I don't know if I can get used to this... Maybe it would be better to leave me somewhere peaceful and I'd try to rebuild my life there... But, please, without insects..."

"Of course, love," The Operator replied with a nod. "Some of them are quite nice, actually. I guess you've never met a person that looks like a bug. If you do, try not to be rude to them. They do have feelings 'n all, too, ya know."

She stopped whining to look at Yoo-nit, coughing a little as it released the cloud of smoke. "It definitely shouldn't do something like that, even if he was a toaster before someone put a navigation system in it." She noticed. The urge to dismantle the robot into parts to, firstly, see what was inside it, secondly, to make it stop burning inside, was real.

"That daft little droid shouldn't do a lot of things if you ask me," The Operator replied glancing at Yoo-nit. "He came with the van, though."

Amelia curiously watched how droid calculated alternative route, confused when they started to go back, but in the end it seemed trusting the robot was a good decision... Or not and they would end up on insect-people planet. But hey, at least the no longer were stuck in a traffic jam. Amelia glued herself to the window, enjoying the view of space... "Wooooaaaah it's just like in sci-fi movies!" She said, thrilled. "Hey, if there are weird creatures like these in the bar, insect-people and people projecting music using their minds, is there a race of, let's say, fairies? Ones like from fairytale, tiny, cute with wings?"

"Of course there are fairies, love," The Operator replied, almost surprised that Amelia didn't believe them. "Some of them can be mischievous little buggars, though. Got to be careful around them. Not all of 'em are friendly."

The van was making good progress now and there were no signs of other delays or traffic,

Yoo-nit rotated its eyes around to stare at Amelia a moment. "Um....," It said in a monotone voice. it's buggy, motionless eyes were unsettling. "I am a highly sophisticated navigation system..."

"That daft little droid shouldn't do a lot of things if you ask me," The Operator replied glancing at Yoo-nit. "He came with the van, though."

Yoo-nit then rotated its eyes to The Operator. "Ship," it corrected her. Its eyes continued around until they were pointed back at the windshield of the van.

"Of course there are fairies, love," The Operator replied, almost surprised that Amelia didn't believe them. "Some of them can be mischievous little buggars, though. Got to be careful around them. Not all of 'em are friendly."

The van was making good progress now and there were no signs of other delays or traffic.

"We should be arriving soon," Yoo-nit informed them after a little while.

Amelia thought for a while about The Operator's words. She had never really thought about it, but yes, she was right. "Yes. We do have planes, and there are routes. So it just works more or less the same. I understand now." She got so confused because space was unlimited, or so they taught her, but maybe it was wrong too. After all, most of things she believed in was now kind of irrelevant.

The idea of insect-people still freaked her out, but she made a huge resolution to be nice to them, if they would meet any. Her human body might have been weird or even disgusting to some races living in the universe too, because why not? And maybe these insect-people didn't look so much like insects. "Yeah, you are right, I should be nice to everyone... Maybe I should get a sign saying 'apologies, I am not from here', or something, so people wouldn't get offended when I was surprised." She wondered.

She laughed a bit at droid's words. "Yes, yes, you are. Whoever had programmed your AI, must have had a lot of fun giving you such a personality." She smiled. Its eyes were a bit scary. So 'dead'. If they had put him in a prettier 'body'. But if it was supposed to be only a navigation system, it probably didn't need to be pretty. She was pretty interested that it came with van. Did all navigation systems looked like that here?

Hearing there are fairies, Amelia's eyes shone. She was so excited, she did not listen to The Operator's warning, that not all of them was friendly. "Is it legal to keep one as a pet?" She asked before she thought. Just after she realized they may have the same law status as humans. "I mean... Well..." She sighed. She really would need that sign.

When Yoo-nit informed they were almost there, she nodded. She felt excited, worried and sad at the same time. As much as she wanted to go back home, some part of her wanted to go on a space adventure like no one had ever before.

Hearing there are fairies, Amelia's eyes shone. She was so excited, she did not listen to The Operator's warning, that not all of them was friendly. "Is it legal to keep one as a pet?" She asked before she thought. Just after she realized they may have the same law status as humans. "I mean... Well..." She sighed. She really would need that sign.

The Operator laughed. "Best watch it, love. You may find someone saying the same thing about you," she chuckled. "You might end up being kept in a cage by a giant roach or something."

When Yoo-nit informed they were almost there, she nodded. She felt excited, worried and sad at the same time. As much as she wanted to go back home, some part of her wanted to go on a space adventure like no one had ever before.

About the time Yoo-nit informed them that they were almost at their destination, many glowing red lights began to appear in the distance. As they got closer to the planet, they were the taillights of other ships.

"Great, another space traffic jam," The Operator groaned aloud.

"There is an automated beacon," Yoo-nit informed her in its monotone, staccato voice.

"Patch it through," The Operator said. The recorded message picked up in the middle.

"...visiting our planet. If you do not have pre-authorized clearance, you'll need to get into the entry lanes for customs. All visitors must go through the appropriate screening process. If you are here for leisure or tourism, please choose space entry lanes 107 through 168. If you are here on business, choose lanes 285-582... for diplomats, ambassadors or other VIPs, choose..."

The Operator rolled her eyes. "Mute it, Yoo-nit. Ugh, someone needs to give whoever recorded this message a few pointers. Take it from me, love. I should know! Listening to this garbage is a waste of time. They'll just go through it all again. I hope we aren't going to have to spend hours in customs. I'm just here to fix a bloody phone and then go to the Bureau of Missing Persons. The sooner we can get in and off this rock, the better. They'll hardly notice us... stupid bureaucrats!"

None of the lanes appeared to be moving. It looked like the van was going to be stuck in the queue for quite some time. Finally, after several hours the van was finally inching its way to a big floating dock. It appeared to be similar to a toll booth found on the roads of Earth. Each had a booth with a droid inside. A gate raised and lowered allowing one ship at a time to pass through. Once a ship passed through it, the light above the port turned green allowing the next to proceed.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, The Operator's van approached the booth. Once it docked momentarily, the area around the van pressurized allowing The Operator to lower her window.

"Welcome. Please state your business," The robot said in a computerized voice.

The Operator began to explain the purpose of their trip, "I'm The Operator. I am with ITC phone company. I'm here to fix telecom equipment...

"Error," The Robot said. "You are in the incorrect lane. You need to be in an entrance lane numbered 900 through 1,196. Please reverse. You'll find the appropriate lanes on the east side of the planet."

"WHAT? Are you serious? We've been sitting here for hours," The Operator protested.

"I'm sorry, please tune to radio frequency 122.132.12.65.42.21.000.100.122.21.01226 for automated instructions regarding the proper lane, customs procedures, and a full list of allowable items," the droid informed her.

"But I'm here to fix a bloody..."

"Error," The robot interrupted and repeated its prior instructions."You are in the incorrect lane..."

"Unbelievable," The Operator protested. She rolled up the window and angrily put the van in reverse. There were a series of horns from ships behind hers. The Operator extended her middle finger at the other ships, made a steep ascent, and zipped around the planet. "They could bloody well let people know all of this in advance..."

"But I'm here to fix a bloody..."

"Error," The robot interrupted and repeated its prior instructions."You are in the incorrect lane..."

"Unbelievable," The Operator protested. She rolled up the window and angrily put the van in reverse. There were a series of horns from ships behind hers. The Operator extended her middle finger at the other ships, made a steep ascent, and zipped around the planet. "They could bloody well let people know all of this in advance..."

"Ummm...," Yoo-nit protested, but The Operator ignored the droid and got the van back in queue at the end of another very long line of ships.

After some more time waiting to approach a docking station, The Operator once again pulled the van up to a booth. Once the shields were in place and it was safe to open the windows, the Operator addressed the droid inside.

"Welcome. Please state your business," The robot said in a computerized voice.

The Operator began to explain the purpose of their trip, "I'm with the telephone company. I'm here to fix..."

"Error," The Robot said. "You are in the incorrect lane. You need to be in an entrance lane numbered 4020 through 6,667. Please reverse. You'll find the appropriate lanes on the east side of the planet."

"But that's not what I was told! I was told to get in this set of lanes..." The Operator again protested.

Yoo-nit turned its eyes toward the driver-side window and made a series of machine-like chirps and beeps. It seemed to be speaking in some sort of robot language. The other droid responded with similar noises.

"Well, what is it? What's it saying," The Operator asked cutting her eyes between the robots.

"Roll the window up. I got this. Let me take the ship in. I have our landing instructions," Yoo-nit replied.

"Wait. What? Aren't you going to..." The Operator said confused.

"Please seal your vehicle and prepare to enter the vacuum, you've been cleared to land on the planet's surface," The parking droid stated.

"Fine," The Operator replied. She rolled up the window and Yoo-nit took control of the repair van. It began to descend towards a city below. The re-entry was rough as it shot through the clouds.

"Hang on, love," The Operator said glancing at Amelia.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Sci-Fi Misadventures- Adults Only (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus