Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A CATtastrophe III: Return of the Hani (Closed)

Barrah Kiatar (played anonymously) Topic Starter

(( Sounds good))
Neoma Alva (played by BugIsTired)

((Sorry I had fallen asleep ;v; ))

((It’s fine, just didn’t want ya to get left behind))

Garnaal's Hoard wrote:
"No shit," Sprite snarked, slinging the fabric piece of evidence over her shoulder. "But I doubta sucko 'tis ugly'd know whadda do with a fancy urn like that. So, real question oughta be 'ere- who exactly were y'haulin' t'piece for, huh?" She leaned towards their suspect, ready to repeat history and do the exact same thing Randle's scolded the Hani for earlier. There was no playing nice in her book as far as red-handed thieves were concerned.

"Pfft, no one you people could hope to outbid, that's for sure.." the thief sputtered. He seemed to have made peace with his situation, remaining flat on his back with Neoma's boot on his chest. Didn't mean he looked comfortable, though- the fear from earlier was still there, and his beady eyes flicked from corner to corner with hidden paranoia. "Listen, I don't know and I don't care what the urn means to you, but it's your best frickin' bet to let it slide, okay? We win, you lose. This isn't the sort of bizz a bunch of wretches like you would want to get involved with." Wretches?! Look who was talking! Sprite put a knee to the ground, teeth bared and staring right into the suspect's eyes. "T'hell y'callin' us..?!"

"Nice try, but I'll never be more scared of you than I'll be of the guy who sent me. Give up. Let me go." Man, this guy had hubris! Once again Sprite felt drawn to her axe, and more specifically, to using it to gut the Kif's throat open like a celebration roast. "W'll see 'bout that!" A large hand wrapped around her bicep, and dragged her back to her feet. Dammit, Randle.. "Let's play this the smart way, shall we?"

"Look, we got all we need now- the question is how we're gonna move from here on out," he continued, now turning to the Elf and Hani as well. "You want the urn for a happy buck, we want it for a quick look. If anything, this guy might as well be just as valuable as the vase to us, even if he doesn't look like it." There wasn't a doubt in Randle's mind that whoever'd employed the Kif thief was more interested in the possible evidence pieces leading to the agent than they were in classic Veloxian urn designs; which made their suspect an asset indeed. He didn't worry about Neoma too much, she'd proved her mettle and willingness to help, but he felt like the Hani needed more talking to before this exchange of urn and POI could go smoothly. "How about you take the urn back to your ship, and we take this here fella to ours? If ya happen to find anything inside that's not supposed to be there, it'd be a pleasure if you told us." Did that sound like a deal to her?

As the thief, Kalhukknt, spoke, Neoma continued to glare at him. She was doing her best to fight her war urges to smash his head with her boots. Even her bug-like creature hit him though to him it wouldnt have been anything. She looked up at the small group surrounding him and noticed a few of the regular docs people staring and glancing their way, so to keep them moving she either glared or waved them off. She didnt feel like
talking, afraid she might say something she shouldnt have. She looked back down at Kalhukknt with a face filled with disgust.

Garnaal's Hoard wrote:
"Well, if you want in on the closure, I won't deny ya that. Let's look for some neutral grounds to interrogate-" With a gracious slash of an axe, it was done. "Goddess's sake Sprite, really?!" The Kif bellowed out in pain when he saw his forearm land in a puddle of his own grimy blood.

"Y'know, maybe y'ideas arn' bad all t'time," Sprite smirked to the Hani, and put her weapon away. From the corner of her eye she saw Randle grab his forehead, not sure whether he had to be enraged, disappointed or both at once. "Hope y'got a good excuse to give 'em MedTroops when they roll 'round. Y'cool with hangin' onto that vase, Neoma? I don' mind draggin' 'tis piece of bleedin' shit along." Now with her head in the game for once, Sprite gave the Elf a nudge and went to pick up their suspect, slinging his writhing body over her shoulder. He was small, though definitely stout- nothing she couldn't handle. In the meantime, Randle'd recovered from her stupidity. "Right.. which way's the hospital around here?"

She held the vase as if it was an infant and nodded towards the woman with a chuckle. "Yeah, I got it. I'll take good care of it." She looked at the vase, wondering what was so special or precious about it... She tried remembering if she had any pottery like this back home but she couldn't think of any. She wasnt home enough to maintain it and believe it or not, when she's off work hours or in her 'casual' mode, she's quite clumsy.
"Cris?! Eyy guy, no way- whaddaya doin' out here!" Sprite blurted when a familiar fox-masked vigilante joined the party. With the thief dangling on her shoulder, it was sorta hard to get a full look at her, but she recognized the voice nonetheless; as did Randle. "Hey there, Cris. Long time no see, eh? We were just, uhh.." Yeah, how to explain this? She'd seen them in stranger scenario's for sure, but that didn't mean that the current sight of two gumshoes and two randoms bickering over a dismembered Kif screamed all flavors of shady.

"..we were about to head over the hospital, actually! Appreciate the gadget, though," Randle decided to say, giving a nod to the lioness to thank her for stopping the bleeding at least. "Yeah, once 'em docs finish up 'em wonders, we're gonna interrogate him too- I'm sure it's spicy enough a shit that you'd wanna smell of it too, 'tis loser on m'shoulder screwed both us and lion-lady over t'ere by stealin' that neato urn from under our noses!" Not that awful a summary, but it was certainly a rollercoaster to invite their friend onto. Sprite showed her teeth to Cris in her usual happy-go-lucky grin, not at all noticing the patch of blood on her clothing that'd leaked from the merry Kif on her shoulders. "An' have your way, golden-ears, I'm drop it right off at our ship if y'll get to showing us t'way to the sick hut, cool?"

Despite disliking Sprite's rash demeanor, Randle had to agree with her in a way here; standing around on the docks chattering away would only draw unwanted attention. They had to move, quickly. Proper explanation would follow later..

Shoved the Kif a few times out of spite

“Haven’t you listened? Thst thing is too valuable..unless you give me 2.5 million I’m keeping it” she waved taking the vase from the elf to hold between delicate paws, can’t leave this laying around

“Now are you coming? I need support explaining why a armless Kif suddenly turned up outside my ship” she smirked a toothy grin.
(( Bro look, I already said this but Sprite was carrying this Kif thief, remember? I said so in my post. ))

(( shit sorry didn’t see that one ))
(( Nah all good bro, you just lemme know if ya find things vague in a post, y'know? I know long-winded para's ain't everyone's cup of tea 👌 ))
(( And Bug's character was already holding the vase by the way, she caught it outta the air & all! ))

(( or that one, I suppose I’m forgetting to check OoC, I’ve taken it from her anyway, Atleast unless I’m stopped ))
"Same old... picking the real scums off the street so that innocent people can keep resting easy", Cris assured Sprite, watching with a raised eyebrow as the hemorrage was cauterized with weapon - something she herself had had to dabble with in the past, and often the only way to prevent death by blod loss and shock.

At Sprite's words she glanced toward the urn in Barrah's arms. A fine piece, without doubt, though she wondered just how much importance it had for this person to go as far as risk their lives in the process. Most thieves were more than happy to get rid of loot that proved too troublesome, when their own safety was at stake. "Sounds like you're in to something big, indeed. Yes, but hospital's going to raise all sorts of questions, you're going to need a covert story or other. Police - you know better than me, Randle - need to get the facts out and the beaurocracy behind it would just cost you valuable time."

She wasn't so unexperienced to ignore that sometimes loss of a limb could still lead to death, even with first aid, even with the advancements of surgery. If this person had valuable informations, they could take no chances. "I can probably help you there, if you are okay with it?"

Neoma stood there, feeling a bit awkward since she belonged to neither of the groups and no longer holding the vase. She leaned up against a wall in the shade, her eyes glowing a beautiful golden yellow and her hair a gleaming silver. She continued to observe the conversation and most likely would head back to the bar once this little 'job' was done. Every once in a while she'd sigh or cough, not out of disrespect but because of past injuries.

Sighs a bit.

“Why this party of ours just keeps getting bigger” the cat wiggles her hips in frustration as the glowing red lights of the hospital begin to rise out of the curving deck beyond, meetpoint was a spin station afterall.

She moves ahead of the pack for a second

“Let’s move along now, this one’s friends might start getting ideas…”

Neoma followed in the back of the party, eyes directed towards the ground. She glanced up every once in awhile to see how close she was, and she'd quicken or slow her pace depending on how close and far she was to them. Her eyes almost gleaming every time they entered a shaded area and her pupils dilated to help her see. She smirked knowingly every time she held the thief's gaze, a vicious glint behind them.
"Look, doll, Sprite and I are only interested in whatever kind of clue our missing agent might've left in there- pot itself is all yours for all I care," Randle sighed when the Hani brought up the cash price of the urn. Of course, he did usually charge his clients for his detective services, but only so with goal of keeping his mortal friends alive in mind. Profit he could care less about.. unlike the other feline on the team. Hopefully Cris had an idea how to handle this.

"Wait, y'mean help out keepin' 'tis sucko alive for questionin' or keepin' 'em cops off our back?! 'Cause I'm down t'see y'try both, heh!" Sprite grinned at their masked friend, wobbling from one leg to the other since she wasn't too sure which way to go: after the lioness, to the hospital, or to wherever Cris had in mind. "Y'comin' along too, right, Neoma? Gotta 'ave our combined muscle t'make sure 'tis birdy on m'shoulder keeps peepin' right." Intimidation was a wonderful tactic. Sprite didn't really think of the Elf as menacing, sorta friendly-lookin' if anything, but their suspect did and that was all that mattered.

"Ehh, we didn't make too good of a first impression, so I doubt anyone but us'll vouch for taking this to your ship instead.. but it's good to have ya on our side, Cris." Randle'd much prefer taking the interrogating to either Cris's or their ship, away from the prying eyes of the likely corrupt law, but since he was convinced the Hani'd pretty much turn on them if they breathed the wrong way, he knew they had to play it safe and follow her to the hospital instead.

Neoma thought on the woman's question, she truly didnt know whether to join the PI's or to go along with the lioness. She sighed and shrugged after coming to a decision. "Sure, vhy not? Zough if I get called out to battle, I'll have to scoot on out. Zat's alright, right? Oh! I don't believe that I've caught your namez..." She didn't really pay attention when they were calling to each other by their names, which made her feel bad but she hoped they'd understand. And she did her best to a have a clearer accent, one that wasnt so... oh how did people say it to her?... Exotic?.... But she could never pronounce her "S"s correctly, they always turned out as "Z"s. She also rolled her "R"s. Damn! Why'd I have to inherit Father's accent? What made it even worse was that when she tried to sound less Russian, her accent became even heavier, and it annoyed the shit out of her. A look of annoyance crossed over her face but was quickly replaced with a friendly smile.

“Here’s what will happen if we go to a ship with him…they’ll follow us out toward the jump vector, interdict us and then board us..they’ll proceed to kill all of my crew and their man for failing and then take the Urn and do whatever…if we take him to the hospital the Kif Atleast have to rangle with station security afterward if they’re to attack us.

And if they do Atleast we have breathing room”

“The Kif are cruel but they’ll most certainly take a hit if they decide to burn an entire hospital doen looking for us”

She shrugs

“Besides..gives you perfect license to slice them up if they come”
"Eyy, when duty calls't calls, y'know? Could barely run a gig when t'Skylax owned m'ass," Sprite chuckled, flapping about with her free hand as they wandered onward. "Oh, an' no worries 'bout it- had more than enough sucko's struggle with mine. M'Sprite, an' ol' cat over there's Randle!" Her smirk of mischief towards the detective's wide back was answered with a chuff. "Flattering, kid." Clearly, he was more occupied with getting told off by the feisty lioness..

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A CATtastrophe III: Return of the Hani (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus