Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Aliens and experiments (1x1)

Experiment 649 (played by CelestinaGrey)

(1x1 with Advunturion)

The scientists were thrilled. A UFO had been found. They were at the site right now, with various FBI and CIA agents, securing the perimeter and making sure that the UFO was safe to open. It was the find of the century, and the scientists were beyond excited. With all their current experiments, it was a perfect find. Once they were cleared, the scientists carefully opened up the UFO.
Advunturion (played by KingofHaddock)

The main entrance inside the crashed UFO was cramped, and there was little room, even for one person to move about. The UFO's rooms were all joined together, from the entrance, to the control center, to even the power mainframe. Even then, what appeared to be the control center seemed quite unusual. There were no assortment of buttons that the alien who piloted could use, It was simply a large window, in addition to a metal looking pillar.

The mainframe would be the greatest find however. Within the very core of the ship, from plain view lied a deactivated Automaton, hooked to an innumerable selection of thin wires that entered into it's body, as well as a large tube, that entered the machine's back. It seemed that this bipedal robot acted as the battery to this ship, yet it was also it's pilot. Perhaps such an unusual way of using vehicles could one day be used in the future, but that would probably be decided after this discovery had been exploited.
Experiment 649 (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

The scientists were thrilled with the find of the bot. They ordered it carefully unplugged and taken out to their truck. They were quite excited. This find was wonderful. The UFO and the robot were both loaded up, and taken off quickly to their labs. They were not going to let this opportunity pass by. They hurried off to the lab, and got the UFO and the robot into a special section. Considering that the robot might 'wake up' at any moment, they made sure to put it in a highly contained cell.

The dislodging of the wires came as a great surprise to the Automaton. Now free from the ties that bound him, Advunturion was free to activate himself, but something felt very wrong. This environment was very unusual to him, as his mind slowly realized that he was no longer aboard the ship, but was in some from of cell. Unable to scan for any possible lifeforms other then himself, he could only passively scan the room, using the large lens within his elongated 'head', surveying the questionable room.

The scientists watched from a monitor as the bot moved its head, and was in fact apparently aware of its situation. "Marvelous!" they whispered to each other, studying what they could of it. "We need to find out what it does when interacting with another." one said. The men looked at each other. "649? Yes, I think 649 will do nicely."

In just a few minutes, a small door in the cell opened slightly, and in was shoved a strange-looking female. She stumbled in, glaring back at the hand that had shoved her, which quickly closed the door. Then she looked up, and looked at the bot. "...whoah."

Advunturion could only look toward this new arrival, albeit whilst scanning for abnormalities with the room. Advunturion had not actually seen a human before, therefore he would have to consider this his first taste of the native species. He moved his limbs slowly to stand on whatever were considered to be his feet. Without any knowledge of the language this species spoke, Advunturion was unable to communicate through his artificial voicebox, unless his newfound captors felt happy to hear a gargled, distorted mess of sounds.

Standing up, Advunturion stared toward the new arrival within this confined space, wondering if his form of communication would be understood. He produced a series of beeping sounds from his artificial body, the pitch would change as he tried to form some sort of emotion as he 'spoke.'

649 watched the robot thing carefully, listening to the odd noises. The scientists actually were thrilled to hear the sounds. It was trying to communicate! It had to be! 649 just stared at it oddly. "Uh...you're not gonna like, come get me, are you? 'cause I can promise that won't end well for either of us, 'cause they'll be ticked off if I damage you."

Advunturion found communicating using menial beeps quite fruitless. He preferred to use his own voice to communicate, and perhaps this being may have helped him in this. He replayed the words she had spoken in his head. Perhaps he could translate them properly, but would require him to up-link himself to the internet. He would have to do it regardless of the wishes of his captors, if he wanted to understand what was being spoken to him.

Advunturion lifted his head up toward the roof, becoming inanimate for a minute. He was trying to link his consciousness to the internet in an attempt to translate the language he had just heard.

649 still wasn't sure if this thing was friend or foe. She stayed very still, watching it. The scientists were both thrilled and terrified when Advunturion linked himself to the internet, and they carefully monitored what he was doing. They all gasped and chattered to each other to find out that he was translating her words!

Advunturion rebooted himself as he read the words of this unfamiliar language. He took a quick gaze to make sure that he was still in the same room. He could not trust his automaton body at times, for he knew that there was a chance he could have malfunctioned during word translation.

A deep, metal and emotionless voice emitted from Advunturion's artificial voicebox. "I... am not here, to aggress... I am simply lost." Advunturion held some hope that his words will have clarified to the unusual being in front of him that he is of no harm.

649 watched with wide eyes as he spoke to her in a very strange way. "...oh. Lost. Um, okay. Well, where are you from?" She glanced around, then slowly sat down. The scientists were thrilled. It was intelligent! And non-aggressive!

"I have forgotten my origins... Or rather, they have forgotten me..." Advunturion kept himself in an inanimate position as he 'spoke'. As vague as his past may be to him, it was more of a sense of secrecy. He found the idea of a race he had just met bumbling around such archives quite disturbing.

649 blinked. Okay, that was cryptic. "Oh. Uh...okay. Well, how'd you end up here?" She was curious about him, though she knew that her questions would help the scientists and might get her on their good side for a while.

Advunturion wanted these creatures to know as little about him as possible. He knew that exposing himself would only affect him negatively, and perhaps, maybe even these beings. "My only memory of my journey, is the sleep that I had undertaken, I remember very little." Only partially true, was Advunturion's answer. Though he did deactivate himself along his journey, his main reasoning was to explore the planet, particularly the ancient ruins within central America and Egypt.

649 considered the answer. "Huh...okay. Well, how about before your journey? Why'd you go on a journey in the first place?" The scientists, though they weren't getting the right answers they wanted, were thrilled with their experiment's cooperation. She was only doing it so she wouldn't get hurt, though, or killed. By the scientists or the thing.

"There was really no true objective that I had in this journey. My voracious need for exploration has inevitably led me here, the avoidance of boredom and madness demands it.." At least this answer from the inanimate automaton was actually true. There was no other reason for Advunturion to venture the stars, other than to satiate only himself. At least now, the scientist creatures could know why Advunturion was here.

The scientists were slightly disappointed that it was just a pleasure cruise that had brought him there. 649 regarded him carefully. "So...you got bored and just went traipsing about the galaxy? Huh. Lucky." Yes, she considered him very lucky indeed to have such freedom.

Advunturion scratched his plate armour slightly as he spoke. "You would be surprised how much freedom comes from being a galactic... 'Outlaw.'" Advunturion knew that his reputation amongst the squabbling councils was less than satisfactory. But that is a reputation bound to be had when one does things others would consider a bit unorthodox, perhaps even brutal. Such luck came from Advunturion's arbitrary need to strive for his own demands of exploration.

649 looked at him with curiosity. "Outlaw? What's that mean? How can you have freedom if you're an outlaw?" It didn't make sense. That didn't sound like a lot of freedom at all. She leaned forward a little, curious. "Aren't you pursued by other galactic people. Like, galactic police?"

"Such concepts of freedom differ between the many races of the galaxy, as I have found many times." Advunturion's reply, no matter how masked by his solemn mechanic voice, was bitter. "To many, I am an amoral being, and I have done what others are condemned for. Things that to me, guarantee me my own personal freedom. From this haunting boredom of life."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Aliens and experiments (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus