Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Sedna (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Chuck227

Hey guys! SkeleAly and I have been cooking up a plot here lately for a cool science fiction roleplay. The basic plot is as follows.. After discovering an anomaly in a long-range astrological cartographer's scan of a contested frontier region of space, a research team from the galactic council is sent to investigate. They find an ancient, still functioning derelict ship known as the Sedna. The vessel is equipped with a precog life-form (played by Aly) that is tasked with adapting to the crew to ensure functionality. It is unknown whether this creature is a unique life-form designed by the ship's creators, or a member of their actual species. The research team only has a few days to enjoy the marvel of science before they are suddenly, and violently evicted by the militant Valtradi, a species of cybernetic soldiers that hold sway over most of the nearby star systems. The Valtradi lay claim to the vessel and secure it with a massive armada of ships, intent on securing its technology for their empire. The council responds by sending its own fleet. After a tense staredown, the two governments relent and work out a diplomatic solution to give both sides mutual access to the results of the research.

At the time of the roleplay's start, there will be three 'groups' aboard the ship. The Valtradi, led by my character Zeke, who provide security for the ship and run most of the day to day operations. They will be the story's antagonists. Their goal will be to steal as much of the research information as they can while denying it to their enemy that they are forced to temporarily tolerate, the council.

The next group will be the researchers, who are the original research team sent in to explore the ship. They already have some insight into the vessel and the life form that governs it. Their main objective will be to discover new things about the ship, and to try and protect the fruits of their research from the Valtradi. They will be the main protagonists of the story.

The third group will be the military advisers. These are high-ranking officials in the council's military that serve as consultants and whistle-blowers. While the presence of the officers is supposed to be a formality, their real purpose is to ensure fair treatment of the research team by the Valtradi and to secure the even distribution of research results in what is supposed to be a completely 'transparent' operation. They will serve as the primary buffer to keep Zeke from walking all over the researchers. While they lack the force to actually confront the Valtradi, they are more than capable of engaging in a technological cold war to try and catch him in the act of doing something corrupt or unfair.. and then nailing him to the wall.

I think that about two people per group should do for a good start. I can run the alien antagonists by myself, or people are welcome to play as part of Zeke's cadre. The council researchers and officers could be human, or members of another council-aligned species.

If you're interested in the roleplay, please let me know. I'll chart out who all's interested in doing what so that we can get the three teams filled.

Thanks for reading,

Chuck
Mipps

*waves* o/

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Sedna (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus