Posted by Kim on September 2, 2020, 9:00amOne of the new things that 2.0 introduced to the RPR is Epic Membership Subscriptions! How did it take us ten years to get automatically renewing subscriptions? GOOD QUESTION.
Now that we have it, here's what you need to know about it:
- You can start a subscription today, even if your current Epic Membership time doesn't expire for another seven months.
- You will be charged for one month of the subscription immediately (which will add a month of Epicness to your account -- so if you are this hypothetical person who was sitting on seven months of Epic Membership time, you'd then have eight after signing up.)
- The subscription then automatically purchases a month of Epic Membership for your account whenever you have 3 days or less of Epic Membership time remaining.
- That means, if you win some Epic Membership time, or a friend sends you a box of chocolates as a gift and it adds some Epic Membership to your account -- that automatically pushes out the date on which you'd be next charged for more Epic Membership time. It's even theoretically possible to sign up for a subscription and never be charged a second time for it, if you were to manage to get enough Epicness some other way!
- There is a very slight discount for using the automatic subscription vs. buying a month of Epicness every month manually.
- Unlike purchasing Epicness manually every month, you will not receive an Oil of Epicness through the subscription. There's no item that you need to "use" at all. Instead, the subscription Epic Membership time is applied immediately and directly to your account.
So, in a nutshell: An Epic Membership subscription just makes sure you never stop being an Epic Member again, without having to think about it or do anything.
Is it secure?When you start a subscription, the only bit of information the RPR gets or keeps is the brand of the card (VISA, Mastercard, etc.), and the last four digits of it, so we can remind you about which card you gave us.
Your actual, billable credit/debit card information IS NOT stored on the RPR at all. In fact, your billable credit card information never touches our server, and is instead stored by a billing partner that has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. That's the highest level of security certification in the payments industry.
Translation? We let someone with bank level security handle all your bank-level details.
Can I cancel?Yup, you can cancel your subscription at any time. You won't be automatically billed again. Just head on back to the same page from which you signed up: https://www.rprepository.com/shop/subscription
So, if you never want to have to think about maintaining your Epic Membership again, a subscription can be a big help!
Hope this helped to clarify the details of how our subscriptions work.