Table of Contents
- This is the FAQ for user epicness
- What are the benefits of being an epic member?
- What happens to my extra characters when my epic status expires?
- What happens to my extra pages when my epic status expires?
- How do I tell how much time I have left before my epic membership expires?
- How do I become an epic member?
- What happens to my custom character styles when my epic status expires?
- What happens to my age verification if my epic membership expires?
- How do Epic Membership Subscriptions work?
- Is an Epic Membership Subscription secure?
- How do I cancel an Epic Membership subscription?
This is the FAQ for user epicness
If you're looking for information about epic groups, try the Epic group FAQ instead.
What are the benefits of being an epic member?
To thank epic members for supporting the RP Repository, they have access to all these great perks for the duration of their epic status:
- Characters belonging to epic members have NO ADS on their profiles
- Epic members don't see ads anywhere else on the site, either!
- Create custom character styles to use and share
- Access to all of the custom character styles that other members have shared!
- Customize their own user profile with colors of their choosing
- Get 10 temporary extra character slots
- 2 extra temporary page slots allowed for each one of your characters
- Upload 30 extra gallery images per character
- If over 18 years of age, optional access to the age verification process.
Your purchases help to keep the RP Repository open, growing, and free for basic members.
What happens to my extra characters when my epic status expires?
If you have more characters than your account type allows at any point, don't worry! They will not be deleted, and none of your hard work will be lost. We'll keep the extra characters up for reference, but you won't be able to edit them until you upgrade your account or reduce the number of characters you have to be equal to or less than what is allowed by your account type.
If you want to make certain you have enough character slots that never expire, you can purchase permanent character slots separately.
Here's an example: Let's say I create 15 characters. My epicness expires, and I return to having only 10 character slots. This will mean that I can't edit the last 5 characters that I created, and if I had created custom templates for any of my characters, they will automatically revert to using the last free one that they had.
But those five excess characters remain visible to everyone, for as long as you keep them up, and I can continue to post with them so that my RPs will not be disrupted. Their profiles are just frozen from being edited until I either purchase more slots, return to Epic status, or delete enough characters so that I don't own more than my account has slots.
For more information on the way that character slots - both temporary and permanent - behave, see the Character Slots FAQ.
What happens to my extra pages when my epic status expires?
The extra pages continue to display but are not editable until you are epic again, or until your account otherwise raises its page limit (such as by purchasing permanent extra character slots to replace the missing temporary ones.) Nothing is deleted.
How do I tell how much time I have left before my epic membership expires?
Go to Your account menu (this will appear as your username) » Account Info. The expiration date of your epic status is the first thing on the account info page.
How do I become an epic member?
You will need to use an item that grants epic status. You can purchase them from our store, receive them as gifts from other members, or sometimes even win them in contest!
What happens to my custom character styles when my epic status expires?
Although you won't be able to use your custom styles without an epic membership, all your hard work won't be lost. Your styles are saved, and will become available for you to use again as soon as you renew your epic account. If you have shared your styles, they will remain available for other epic members to use.
What happens to my age verification if my epic membership expires?
If you were successfully verified as an adult, that verification will remain with your account regardless of whether you maintain your epic membership status.
How do Epic Membership Subscriptions work?
In general, subscriptions to Epic Membership automatically bill your debit or credit card roughly once a month, to make sure you never stop being an Epic Member again, without having to think about it or do anything. :)
- There is a slight discount for using the automatic subscription vs. buying a month of Epicness every month manually.
- You can start a subscription today, even if your current Epic Membership time doesn't expire for another seven months.
- You will be charged for one month of the subscription immediately (which will add a month of Epicness to your account -- so if you were hypothetically sitting on seven months of Epic Membership time, you'd then have eight after signing up.)
- The subscription then automatically purchases a month of Epic Membership for your account whenever you have 3 days or less of Epic Membership time remaining.
- That means, if you win some Epic Membership time, or a friend sends you a box of chocolates as a gift and it adds some Epic Membership to your account -- that automatically pushes out the date on which you'd be next charged for more Epic Membership time. It's even theoretically possible to sign up for a subscription and never be charged a second time for it, if you were to manage to get enough Epicness some other way!
- Unlike purchasing Epicness manually every month, you will not receive an Oil of Epicness through the subscription. There's no item that you need to "use" at all. Instead, the subscription Epic Membership time is applied immediately and directly to your account.
Is an Epic Membership Subscription secure?
When you start a subscription, the only bit of information the RPR gets or keeps is the brand of the card (VISA, Mastercard, etc.), and the last four digits of it, so we can remind you about which card you gave us.
Your actual, billable credit/debit card information IS NOT stored on the RPR at all. In fact, your billable credit card information never touches our server, and is instead stored by a billing partner that has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. That's the highest level of security certification in the payments industry.
Translation? We let someone with bank level security handle all your bank-level details. ;)
How do I cancel an Epic Membership subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time. You won't be automatically billed again. Just head on back to the same page from which you signed up: https://www.rprepository.com/shop/subscription
June 23, 2021