Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Children of Dawn - Original Roleplay (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The Children of Dawn | Open
High Fantasy | Adventure | Epic
"Carry the flame and set the world on fire! Even in the darkness, carry your torches."

vgoFJli.png

Short Description: “A goddess looks upon a young world and is disgusted by the growing wickedness and corruption. However, a curious earth spirit finds that five unlikely individuals who still remain pure of heart against all odds. In an effort to sway her mistress that there is still some good in humanity, the trickster spirits turns memories into magic and blesses each of the five with strange gifts. He instructs the chosen five that if they wish to be spared from his mistress’ wrath, they are to take these gifts of lost knowledge and journey to a world known as the Everdawn, where they can remind the goddess of pinnacle moments of humanity.”

Optional Pairing: [Any pairing!]

Genres: Fantasy, Adventure/Quest, Epic, Romance (optional)

Notes: This one definitely has more of a fellowship feel to it, so I’m looking for someone whose ok playing multiple characters. It’s also fluid with romance or platonic relationships, so let me know what it is your looking for! Also, your characters can be any age! Most fantasy races are fine (generic or fandom), though if that is the case then we should do a bit of world building to establish consistency/lore. For any clarification, the traits represent hope, compassion, pursuit of freedom, valiance, & wisdom.

In the first dawn of a new world, before mankind was vast across the earth, the mortal races co-existed upon a small landmass known as Ardunia. A beautiful oasis, its first ancestors were blessed by the Emerald Mother, an earth goddess mankind called Enya. And for generations, the flourishing valley proved protection and nourishment for the people who resided there, watched over by the goddess and her faithful earth spirits.

But as time passed, the whims of man overwhelmed their desire to do good. Selfish princes became ruthless kings who oppressed their people. Monks lined their pockets with bribes to lay false blessings upon sinners. Soon, slave markets lined the streets in place of fruit stalls and narcotics flooded underground dens to claim the lives of many. The promised land that was Ardunia had become little more than a den of thieves and murderers. Prayers to the goddess grew less and less.

Enya looked upon the valley and seeing what had become of her children, she wept, regretting what she had made for those who no longer followed her. In anger, she planned for a way to wipe them from her sight completely.

But a spirit named Cyphos, a vineyard spirit of mirth, wagers and mischief, stumbled upon five persons whom not even he could justify tampering with - while their mortal natures left them flawed and imperfect, Cyphos found much light within their hearts.

The spirit relayed what he had found to his mistress, naming the persons the five lights and explaining the purity of their hearts. But Enya would not listen. For she believed that humanity by nature is tainted and that any soul regardless of their initial purity would eventually be corrupted. When Cyphos saw she would not spare humanity in its entirty, he offered his goddess a wager - a prospect of a new Dawn. if these five souls could show her the beauty of humanity, then she would spare them and any they saw worthy to live. If they could not, then they would perish with the rest of humanity. Enya, taking favor within her servant, agreed and gave him one year.

As is his nature, Cyphos began his quest with a trick - luring his mistress into a peaceful slumber, he searched through her ancient mind to find memories she still held dear. Stealing five of these memories, Cyphos lay magic upon them and carried them to the mortal world below. Through further mischief, he lured the five lights together and placed each memory upon each soul in the form of a gift:

To one, a silver star that shines even in the darkest nights.

To one, a golden flower that gives healing through sacrifice.

To one, a bestial strength that is untamed and wild in unbridled glory.

To one, a flame that burned at the sight of cruelty and injustice.

To one, a foresight that is heightened by humbleness and cautious pursuits.

The five lights were to use these gifts to pave the path to the new dawn, to a land above the valley and high over the clouds that Cyphos called the Everdawn - a place untainted by wickedness, made for them and any they believed were worth saving. For one year, they have the task of proving the truth worth of humanity.
_____________________~**~________________________

Hi friends! I hope you all are doing well! My name is Hannah, but most people online call me Hanns. I am an English Major who currently works at a IT Company in Colorado Springs. Oh, and in my free time, I love to create art and write roleplays! I’ve been roleplaying for about 9 years, but I’ve been writing stories and creating characters for as long as I could remember. All of the ideas and pairings in this thread is for original stories, as original material is what I love to write about the most. But I might set up a fandom document.

One of the wonderful things about roleplaying is that it's a chance to escape from reality, even if it is through words on a page. You create worlds and characters who love, who hate, who bleed and who can heal. You'll find I take my stories pretty seriously and I'm really hoping to find others who feel the same way!

I don’t want to waste anyone’s time as I’m sure you’re here to roleplay! Thus, I’ll try to make this document’s rules and guidelines brief. I’ve got a table of contents set up below, for easy access and clean assortment. Note that these are not first come, first serve - Let me know if I can answer any questions for you!

Be Nice and be Invested - Seriously inquiries only, please! The most important rule for me when it comes to roleplaying is that we're having fun and if you or I aren’t excited about the roleplay, then it’s going to be a real downer. So all I ask is for a partner who is friendly, invested and contributes to the story. If I feel like I have to step on eggshells around you or if I feel like I am having to do all the work, then you're not the person I am looking for. Note that this it's not first come, first serve!

Quality over Quantity - My writing style is novella, meaning that I will write on average anywhere from four to eight paragraphs at a time. At the same time, I know some roleplayers write shorter responses and can still produce quality content. Thus, I don’t want you to stress out over your length. As long as you are trying your best, that’s all I can really ask for. I welcome all types of writers/roleplayers. But I feel like I should set up some sort of limit, so all I ask for as a bare minimum is one full paragraph.

Good Grammar is a Plus - I am by no means a grammar nazi. I make plenty of spelling mistakes, so you don’t have to worry about me correcting you! All I ask is that you roleplay in third person and that you are trying your best when it comes to grammar.

Character Sheets and World Building - Not really something mandatory, but I figured I add this just to tell everyone my own preferences/opinions. I personally prefer character sheets and character mood boards, but I'm definitely not going to make you do one! But I would like to world build a bit first before we hop in. Honestly, I could talk about characters or world building all day so if that isn't really your thing I don't think we'd get along as partners.

Multiple Characters - Now, I can't really force this one. I understand that some people prefer roleplay one or two characters and that's totally fine. But for me, I really enjoy when multiple personalities, backstories and motivations come together to shape the plot into something interesting. Don't get me wrong, I get the importance of main protagonists. But think of your favorite books, movies and games - many of them don't have just one character, right? So while this one is more of a preference than a rule, I'd really like to have a partner who can write several characters appropriately.

OpulentSlimyAustraliancurlew-small.gif
MERAKI (A.) | Greek
The soul, creativity or love put into something; The essence of yourself that is put into your work.​

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

Dossier les morts (played anonymously)

Hello! I'm intrested in this roleplay with this character. Gotta say the initial plot sounds cool. I'd also be playing with his younger brother as a secondary character.
Spy

While I don't have a lot of experience playing multiple characters simultaneously, the concept here has me greatly intrigued. I've wanted to try a multi-character RP, as many characters I've written are related to or know of each other, but simply haven't had the chance.

I have ideas for a couple characters of mine that may fit well in your plot line here (only one of which has a page on my profile, the others do not) and would love to hash it out further if you're willing.
WillowRue Topic Starter

Spy wrote:
While I don't have a lot of experience playing multiple characters simultaneously, the concept here has me greatly intrigued. I've wanted to try a multi-character RP, as many characters I've written are related to or know of each other, but simply haven't had the chance.

I have ideas for a couple characters of mine that may fit well in your plot line here (only one of which has a page on my profile, the others do not) and would love to hash it out further if you're willing.

Hi! Shoot me a PM if you're still interested and we can talk about details. I'm curious to hear about your characters~
The Trio. (played by Tugboattom)

Hey! this is what I've been looking for! So, I've got these three( hence" the trio") Fauna could prolly go with the flower. Barak could take the unbridled strength, and Miyo would prolly want the flame. These are all suggestions, but I would love to play these three!
I can:
write a couple paragraphs, generally two, but I am trying for more

roleplay several characters.

I'll probably ask one million and ten questions before we're all done, just because that's who I am, not because you didn't explain well I just look into things way too deeply.

I have dm'd for a D&d group, so I kind of get world building, but I'm not the best at it. I can make a character sheet, although I'm not sure what kind you looking for, and I would rather not.
Hello. Are you still seeking players? This sounds intersting.
If you're looking for one more, I can insert one of my characters. Can Fantasy races be included?
Also what age range do you prefer?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Children of Dawn - Original Roleplay (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus