Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Furious Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Charlize Theron
Anya Taylor-Joy
iOTA (and Sean Hape)

All do not work.
I dont know if it'll distract us away from topic but there is a character in Fury Road called The Valkyrie, portrayed by Megan Gale, one of the Vuvalini. The name is a herald from beyond mad max....

Then again, could this be a Tina Turner reference from one of the other mad max films? I know the symbol is for Immortan Joe, but theres no other immediately familiar symbols for OG Mad Max, Road Warrior or Beyond Thunderdome.

Try:
Auntie Entitiy
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Another bonus clue!
Ilmarinen Moderator

5gp.gif
Prescience wrote:
I dont know if it'll distract us away from topic but there is a character in Fury Road called The Valkyrie, portrayed by Megan Gale, one of the Vuvalini. The name is a herald from beyond mad max....

Then again, could this be a Tina Turner reference from one of the other mad max films? I know the symbol is for Immortan Joe, but theres no other immediately familiar symbols for OG Mad Max, Road Warrior or Beyond Thunderdome.

Try:
Auntie Entitiy

nope
Mad Max was one of the first Australian films to be shot with a widescreen anamorphic lens,[9] although Peter Weir's The Cars That Ate Paris (1974) was shot in anamorphic four years earlier.[22] Miller's desire to shoot in anamorphic made him seek a set of Todd-AO wide angle lenses used by Sam Peckinpah to film The Getaway (1972), which were damaged enough in that shoot to get discarded in Australia. The only one which worked properly was a 35mm lens which was employed in the whole of Mad Max.[5]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphic_widescreen
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Sonic carmageddon".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Heimdall, designer of this riddle wrote:
In Mad Max Fury Road, the villain Immortan Joe drives alongside the "Doof Wagon," a vehicle stacked with speakers that blasts music played by a guitarist. Warner Brothers, who distributed the movie, dubbed this vehicle "sonic carmageddon."
Ilmarinen Moderator

WOO! Great job!
Dragonfire Moderator

Cripes. XD Good job, whomever got it!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Furious Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus