Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » SFW monster-people stories? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hiya! Hey! Howdy!

So I really like the concept and idea of monster girls, though I should probably call it monster people at this point, as an exploration of fantasy creatures fitting their lives around humans, and vice versa. The idea of half-person half-monster people who have unique, specific living requirements that lead to their own unique insecurities, character flaws and mannerisms is far more interesting to me than the usual fantasy races you usually get. It's just unfortunate, in my opinion, that majority of stories that revolve around "monster-girls" are always so heavily sexualised. And that certainly is a product of the idea's most popular medium- the "monster girl encyclopaedia".

I want to explore the idea of monster people (not just girls) who have/are integrated into human societies and environments, without the sexual pretext. I'm fine with romance and all, but I want the stories written within to revolve around the potential for unique situations and interactions that can occur between humans and monster-people.

To clarify for anyone not familiar with the idea of monster-girls, they are essentially what you would call a mermaid- a half human with a human torso and a fish tail instead of legs. But this expands to many different kinds, like harpys being half human half birds, lamia being like a mermaid but with a snake lower half, and arachne being a human with a spider body in place of legs, just to name a few.

I'm a multi-para writer, though I don't expect a novella every reply. My strengths certainly lie more within world building, so I've been trying to get more experience with character interactions. I think some kind of romance is certainly on the table, but I want the story to be strictly sfw.

Magic can certainly be a part of the setting, as it's more or less natural when the setting involves magic creatures, but the setting will be modern so magic will be kept to a minimum.

If you have any questions or are interested, please dm me!
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 00%
No combat. If problems arise, players may be expected to solve it without resorting to violence.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

I am interested, I have some characters I could use.
Nercsylliac Topic Starter

AgateTurtle wrote:
I am interested, I have some characters I could use.

For sure!
Well, hit me up if you want and we can work something out.
I’m interested for sure!
Nercsylliac Topic Starter

starwolf wrote:
I’m interested for sure!

Hey! For sure. Just flick me a message :)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » SFW monster-people stories? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus