Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anonymous Characters

The Mailman (played anonymously)

I use anonymous characters because me=boring. Therefore, due to the transitive property, not me=not boring. That’s a joke, everyone knows that the transitive property is when a trans dude (dude is a gender neutral term and I will not accept criticism or disagreement) buys a house. This is also a joke. The main reason is because all of my characters are completely different, and don’t make any sense on the same page. Also because my profile looks like garbage and I’m too lazy to fix it.

But a bonus is that nobody knows my actual account, ahahahaHAHAHAHA! Except that one person who knows because of that one time I forgot to make a character anonymous. Oops.
My anons are just characters that I use in Discord RP separate from the site. They're usually characters that will probably get deleted eventually.

Although, it seems the last of the games I was in has petered out... I'm a little attached to one character now. Debating on de-anon-ing them but I don't really know what to do with them otherwise.
I currently have only one anonymous character and there's a clear reason behind her being anonymous.

This particular character was created a long time ago and her home world is an AU in which Germany actually won world war 2. This might not seem like a big deal or a problem, but because of that setting and home world she also has a history of being raised in racist and intolerant conditions, causing for her general worldview to be far away from my own and (hopefully) from most people's world view in this time and day.

The reason her profile exists is because I am using her in a roleplay with one of my best friends on discord, and the profile is there so that we both have it as a point of reference in case we forget things. So far there isn't anything extreme on her profile yet and I'll always try to steer clear from putting anything on there without disclaimers, but she's simply not attached to my main profile because I am not willing to portray her with anyone other than that friend, so I'd be exposing others here to unnecessary and unneeded shared world views that surely could upset or hurt someone even though that's not the intention behind the profile.

I hope this explains my reasoning a little ^^
There’s a few reasons tbh! As far back as I can remember I’ve kept my characters anon save the more OOC pages, like the one for my sona.

1) Privacy in the case of people I don’t know or rp with. I always tell my friends who I am. I mostly roleplay on Discord where my username and characters are connected, anyway.

2) Too much variety between my characters. I’m super particular about organization and don’t want my mundane human characters showing up next to my fantasy anthros.

3) I’m shy ‘v’
Saturninum wrote:
because i am a hermit that values privacy and do not want new partners stalking my every move and clawing through the entire history of my account and posts

...plus if they turn out to be nuts I can just delete the character lmao, you give them your actual account and you'll have to deal with them for the rest of eternity. same reason why my discord handle is a closely guarded secret

This. One of my biggest concerns. Plus, (while I hate ghosting people but unfortunately tend to do so when mental health goes south,) it makes it easier to disappear without too much of a fuss. I hate to say it like that, but yk.
I've never really been one to hide my characters in anonymity, but reading all yall's talk about wanting to disappear from people and wackos makes me nervous😫🤧
Mr. Koala (played anonymously)

It's okay to be anonymous! You will eventually find Koala-ty friends! =D
fig

only time i have my characters set to anon is when their profiles are incomplete
snorkmaiden wrote:
only time i have my characters set to anon is when their profiles are incomplete

I posted in here back in May but that has hilariously become the reason the remaining anon character on my profile is still anon. I need to make her an avatar, but I just haven't had the time. I have something of a hangup with using picrews for avatars but hers has been one for ages as a placeholder. (Since I made her originally for a Discord RP, it made sense.)

Tempted to just de-anon them anyway. Most people on this site don't care if a character was made in a dollmaker or drawn up in MS Paint so this is really just a 'me' problem that keeps me from messing about with a character I like at this point haha.

Got another one in Draft mode that isn't really anon since Draft mode released, but the profile is still pretty blank and I don't even have a placeholder for its avatar.
Mr. Koala wrote:
It's okay to be anonymous! You will eventually find Koala-ty friends! =D

This gave me a laugh.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anonymous Characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus