Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » I am way too into Star Wars recently.

I've recently been replaying KOTOR and KOTOR 2, Swtor and reading a load of the books/comics. I just finished reading Deceived (an AMAZING book!) and am moving onto the Swtor novel Annihilation and I'm loving it! Between all this and the Obi-Wan show I can feel myself once again getting dragged down into the pit that is my Star Wars obsession and I don't know if I should ask for help or keep going XD
Now all I need is an rp partner to do a Star Wars rp with!
You can never be 'too' into Star Wars. Though personally, I'm exclusively Legends, because of the sheer number of books I have (over 50 so far). To me, Disney Star Wars is like the Abrams Star Trek universe; neither of which I'm really interested in because they're essentially alt universes to what I'm used to.

I've recently been going through the Legends books chronologically, whilst also filling in the gaps in my library. Boy, do I wish Disney didn't de-canonise them all (and therefore cancel any future additions)... I know the biggest offenders exist in comic form, but there are pre-TPM books that I really wish were expanded into full novel series - like the Dawn of the Jedi book that I would have loved some sequels to.

As for TOR, I've actually been struggling to get through all the Drew Karpyshyn books. I don't really gel with his writing style and I'm currently on the last Darth Bane book, and that trilogy has really been a massive slog for me. The first book was interesting, but I've been struggling with the other two.
Yesugei Topic Starter

I've heard various good and bad things about that series but I'm still interested in giving it a go after finishing the Knight Errant comics.
Considering your interests, I think you would greatly enjoy Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. It's a rather dark look at Palpatine's life and gives the story behind his enigmatic master. It's quite good, well above par when it comes to expanded universe novels. The audiobook is also very well done.
Yesugei Topic Starter

Nettle wrote:
Considering your interests, I think you would greatly enjoy Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. It's a rather dark look at Palpatine's life and gives the story behind his enigmatic master. It's quite good, well above par when it comes to expanded universe novels. The audiobook is also very well done.

Oh believe me it's on the list!
And, if I can be so bold. You would also enjoy the Thrawn trilogy. The villains' in this set of novels are a treat-you have everyone from loyal imperial officers, to a truly brilliant alien admiral to your average greedy scum-of-space...and a truly chilling insane Jedi. One of the most frightening villains' in the series. But more then that, it's good old-style Star Wars fun. The set of novels that kickstarted the EU!
Yesugei Topic Starter

Nettle wrote:
And, if I can be so bold. You would also enjoy the Thrawn trilogy. The villains' in this set of novels are a treat-you have everyone from loyal imperial officers, to a truly brilliant alien admiral to your average greedy scum-of-space...and a truly chilling insane Jedi. One of the most frightening villains' in the series. But more then that, it's good old-style Star Wars fun. The set of novels that kickstarted the EU!

I've actually read those and I think they are some of the best Star Wars products to date! I've yet to read the 'new' Thrawn books like Thrawn: Alliances though.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » I am way too into Star Wars recently.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus