Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » FFXIV anyone?

I've enjoyed the game solo for a few years playing just at times, not constantly, but I must admit it's getting a bit lonely and I'd like to have people to talk at times or do some dungeons or whatever :D

I've also created an FC despite I was against getting into one because I tried before, and it never worked, it just seemed like they were either already closed group of friends or simply didn't care to connect with new people. So I've made my own initially with the idea of leading it alone but I'm accepting members.

My FC will be for artists, writers, roleplayer and even gposers. Creative people to meet other creatives. This way at least we have something in common there and it will help with becoming friends ^^

But yeah this is not just about joining an FC, I'm looking for people to befriend with in general as well, ingame I was unable to make friends so far. I don't know if it's me or it's just becoming harder? I remember years ago I always made friends, the younger, easier to make friends, and now it just seems impossible! Oh boy.

I'm Nalorith Heartrose ingame, Light/Odin server.

FC Recruiting page | FC Page
Someone: FFXIV--
Me: mushu-mulan.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your previous experiences with FCs! It be like that sometimes, socialization really is hard even in MMORPGs, people tend to stick to cliques despite the irony of being in a Free Company together. It defeats the purpose, but you know? As they say, we ball.

Your FC sounds amazing! As much as I would love to join, I'm playing on Crystal/Balmung and connecting to EU servers causes my connection to lag severely (don't tell Yoshi-P I'm actually playing from SEA pls he'll slap the pizzas out my hands), but I could make an alt to hang about with a friend!

Also, talk to me about the billboards.
Roxy Topic Starter

hexblading wrote:
Someone: FFXIV--
Me: mushu-mulan.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your previous experiences with FCs! It be like that sometimes, socialization really is hard even in MMORPGs, people tend to stick to cliques despite the irony of being in a Free Company together. It defeats the purpose, but you know? As they say, we ball.

Your FC sounds amazing! As much as I would love to join, I'm playing on Crystal/Balmung and connecting to EU servers causes my connection to lag severely (don't tell Yoshi-P I'm actually playing from SEA pls he'll slap the pizzas out my hands), but I could make an alt to hang about with a friend!

Also, talk to me about the billboards.

Oooh I wouldn't want to bother you with extra characters! I already struggle with one hahaha but it would be fun if you'd join the FC even if you visit just at times I don't mind :D
roxana wrote:
Oooh I wouldn't want to bother you with extra characters! I already struggle with one hahaha but it would be fun if you'd join the FC even if you visit just at times I don't mind :D

My guy, if only you could see my alt list. But yes, I would pop by from time to time! What's your active hours and timezone so I know when to come over?
Roxy Topic Starter

Will continue talking on private :D
I only play on Primal (Hyperion) right now, but I hope you can find FC members! I've been getting into housing really slowly because my little FC finally got a house, haha. But I'm always looking to meet more XIV players!! I haven't finished Endwalker yet though so no spoilers D: I don't do combat stuff right now because I have an arm injury! So I just mess around with adventure plates and gpose here and there. I love being at the point in an MMO where I don't have to do combat but can spend hours ingame anyway...lol
I'm playing over on Moogle/ Chaos. :) Have been progressing through the expansions at a rate of one per year, haha (Just on the patch quests for Stormblood at the moment). I've been very easily distracted by all of the crafting, glamour, gold saucer, events and whatnot outside of the MSQ.

What race/ class are you all playing as?
Roxy Topic Starter

I'm playing black mage!

Oooh and excited with the new patch coming this month on the 23rd :D
roxana wrote:
I'm playing black mage!

Oooh and excited with the new patch coming this month on the 23rd :D
Oh nice one! I adore playing white mage for the glams, but past lvl 50 I really don't feel like people are safe in my hands when it comes to healing. XD
So I play Bard for group content, and just stick with white mage for quests & groups where I'm with friends/ people who are happy to put up with a terrible healer, haha.

Omg yes! I haven't been playing much lately, but I'm definitely going to check that out (I also still need to do the Moonfire Faire event)
EarlyGrey wrote:
What race/ class are you all playing as?

I was Au Ra (Xaela) for awhile, but I just fantasia'd back to Elezen, since I'm working my XIV main into my other fantasy setting, and she's usually an elf there. xD I love playing female Elezen so much, I feel like I see very few of them. I started the game as a female Viera (obviously, since there weren't male Viera back then haha) and I would probably still play Viera if all the helmets and hats worked. ^^; /sigh

I'm currently taking a break from combat stuff while I deal with getting an arm injury under control, but my favorite class used to be Summoner. I don't like new SMN as much though. ToT

When my arm is better dealt with, I'm planning on playing more Black Mage, which was my secondary main before Endwalker came out. Its low APM is probably best for my arm in the future. I also love Reaper and had been maining it when my arm was better. I still enjoy new SMN, too, but I miss my 2 minute rotation. </3

I also want to tank more someday. I've played a fair bit of Dark Knight and I really like it but I would like to eventually learn something with better survivability, like GNB or WAR. And...I really want to heal...but I'm really nervous about it. My healer anxiety and tankxiety are off the charts. u_u
I'm on ridill (Planning to move to Atomos or tonberry), and I'm a lalafell that just entered Endwalker. I usually form a party with my 2 other friends and hang out near the designated server's "Lala-bench" on limsa where all lalas just sit around, probably waiting for the duty finder to start XD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » FFXIV anyone?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus