Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Uploading a .gif as a character Icon

Good day to you all, my dear Mon-Keighs

So, I was scrolling a couple of minutes ago in the "characters" section, and I saw someone (Cosmonautilus, glorious profile too) having one of their characters with a very cool-looking .gif icon (or maybe a video, couldn't tell). Since I'm into very cool-looking stuff myself, I tried to upload one via the icon maker in the character settings, but the result is simply the first frame of the .gif itself (a black screen).

Is there a particular way to upload a .gif to make it work (maybe it was too long)? Thanks in advance.
Kim Site Admin

Make sure your gif is not larger than 95 x 95 pixels. If the site has to resize it for you, it will make a crop using the first frame, removing the animation. If it does not have to crop it, it will leave the animation untouched.
Lord_Cegorach Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Make sure your gif is not larger than 95 x 95 pixels. If the site has to resize it for you, it will make a crop using the first frame, removing the animation. If it does not have to crop it, it will leave the animation untouched.

That explains it. Thanks Kim :3
WOAH this was unexpected! I poked my head in here to help (even though it looks like Kim already has you covered!) and didn't expect to see myself mentioned. Thank you so much!

In case it helps further, here's the site I use to crop and resize gifs:

It can do a bunch of other cool things but it's really nifty for making gif icons.

Good luck!!! =)
Cosmonautilus wrote:

It can do a bunch of other cool things but it's really nifty for making gif icons.

Good luck!!! =)

TYSM

You are on: Forums » Help » Uploading a .gif as a character Icon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus