Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Thirteenth Sea

Pelagia (played anonymously)

Sylass' words caused her to cringe. "I-I'm not going to die!" she croaked, then ran her hand over her face. A sigh escaped her, and Pela looked back up to the lizardman. "I'd... rather... not steal one, if at all possible." A little bit of a goody goody, yeah. In any case, the girl walked toward the tavern. Upon entry, she'd already been bothered! Desecra terribly intimidated her, but she mentioned something about a ship. That much she heard.

When she was pushed off to the side, she stumbled and uttered a little, "Hey--!" but not much else. Foy's assistance with getting the bartender's attention was much appreciated, though she now grew torn between talking to him and talking to the lady outside. Yep. The scary broad who just nudged her out of the way, to put it gently. When the keep called for her, she stammered and pointed down at Foy without thinking much on it. "Uhm... it was her-- I uh, I'll be back." She looked to Foy and bit her lip. "The lady said something and I think she might be able to help us, if, ah... you know... I can catch up... or convince her." She sound increasingly unsure of herself, but shook her head. "Could you talk with him for a moment? I'm going to try to see if I can't find her. Sorry, ahah..." And if Foy didn't make any hints at stopping her, Pela would shuffle off toward the exit, still clutching the book, and ignoring Greyonji unintentionally. It was probably a good thing she left anyway, listening to the barkeep go on about the death of the old man made her sick to her stomach.

When she was outside, she'd lift a hand and call for the woman, "H-hey! Ex--uh... excuse me!" Pel's movements were pretty slow for what looked to be a steady jog. The hand that was lifted, waving to Desecra, now fell to her skirts to keep them tugged downward. "I heard you say uh... that you had a ship? Or were going to one? Something about a ship...?" She seemed uncertain of herself once again, but was pushing through it. For the old man's sake, more than anything.
Desecra (played anonymously)

Although Desecra was rarely disrespectful towards the holder of her contract, he'd give the captain a look of mild irritation. She was good at what she did, but it hadn't been nearly long enough for her to have procured cargo already. It had been... what, five minutes? "Dinnae be aff," she'd call back, "Jus' had me a bevvie at tha pub."
As she neared, however, she recalled the tavern talk of the old beggar's preaching, and she'd move to the edge of the dock just bellow the ship and continue,
"But... they was haverin' aboot the bastart what died an' turnt ta sand," she admitted, "sayin' he preached aboot the Thirteenth Sea." She smiled oafishly, convinced this little tidbit was rather grand.
She wouldn't continue however, for at this point Pelagia's voice reached her, and her demeanor darkened considerably as she slowly searched for its source. Her eyes narrowed to a dangerous squint when she saw the girl coming towards her. "Whit ye daein, ya DOBBER?" She roared, stomping in her direction. She'd clearly specified that she wanted this person out of her trajectory, and yet here she was following her! How dreadfully bothersome.
She'd tromp up to Pelagia, coming to a stop a mere foot away from her, hands on her hips as she glowered down. "Aye," she spat, thrusting a thumb behind her to gesture at the vessel, "we gotta ship, an' it ain't noon yer bizzo." With that her massive hands would scoop down, attempting to grab the girl by the collar and heft her up to eye level in an effort to dissuade further questioning through intimidation. If successful, she'd give her a little shake, but if she dodged out of the way {the goliath wasn't especially quick} she'd simply swipe at the air and give a little growl.
Sylass (played by Pirate)

Sheesh, the accents people had in these port cities. Sylass had trouble enough with the common tongue as it is. Now he had to stare at the barkeep like an idiot, trying to transelate what he was saying."Oh, drinks. Yes, Sylass have some of barkeep's strongest mead. Other two will have same thing." He wasn't paying much attention to Pelagia and Foy nor their actions, and was quite surprised to see when he turned around his blue haired companion was running off."Pelagia woman jumpy. Keeps jumping from one to lead to next." He mumbled.

Sylass stuck to his job and looked around. Most likely almost all of these people worked on a ship, or even owned one. But his attention fell on a certain masked man. Sylass had no trust for strangers, especially masked ones. Those wearing masks had to hide something! And the Blackscale did not like secrecy! He decided to call him out on it.

"Masked man, hiding secrets." He hissed."Should Sylass expect dagger in his back for the coin in his purse?"
And just like that, it was up to her to get some information from the bartender, as Pelagia ran off to follow a lead. She wondered though, how easy it would be for her to keep a conversation with the man, given that he couldn't even see her. She raised a small hand up and waved it to catch his attention, as Sylass ordered drinks for three.

"I was wondering if you might know of any ships, looking for crew, or open to passengers? Captain for hire.. anything?" She was talking mostly to wooden counter, but maybe he was able to hear her.

Foy hadn't noticed that the masked man had joined them, until Sylass was making mention of it. She spun around to what she hoped weren't the sounds of a bar fight about to start... because she wasn't so sure she would be very effective at breaking it up. "N-now I'm sure no one is going to stab anyone..."
Greyonji (played by LightKayl)

Greyonji quickly answered the man who had planted his hand in front of him, "Yes I would like another drink." Pulling the coin for the drink from the small bag on his side he offered it to the one the barkeep sent to him. The thin man had distracted him from the girls exit. After handing the coin over he leaned forwards and rest his head in his hands for a moment to try to remember where the magic had come from.

The large lizard was now angry, it seemed. "No friend, I do not steal nor do I use daggers," he gestured to the long sword on his hip. "As for the mask I don't wear it completely for my sake but for others. I feel people would fear me more if they saw my face, and in this instance that wouldn't be a good thing to have." He thought for a second and finally saw Foy, "wasn't there a third of you?"
Sand Rats (played by Miss)

Narla's meal had arrived, a cooked leg of chicken and the first drink of the house. Her veiled expression glances towards the masked male beside her, her amethyst eyes lingering upon the mask, before returning to the leg of chicken. Narla's right hand lifts upwards and pulls down upon the veil, it hanging about her neck. Narla's facial features were decorated with a dark ink tattoo in the shape of a tribal butterfly, the antennas merging upwards upon the space between her eyes, while the intricate wings spanned over her cheeks and the sides of her jaw.

Narla's right hand wraps about the chicken leg's form, lifting it towards her teeth, as they bite into it, ripping and pulling upwards. Narla's amethyst gaze drifts towards the conversations about her, as she idly chews, before swallowing and biting again.

Bakir pushes his dull, golden gauntlets against the tavern table, his right hand grasping the hiltless blade's end, lifting it upwards, before holding the blade's tip downwards, as his form turns around, and his sandals carry his form towards those gathered near the barkeep and counter top. His left hand lifts upwards, closing into a fist, as a raspy cough rattles through his lungs, "You're looking for a ship, friends? I happen to know of one that is looking for a just group, but I can't talk about it here."

Outside the tavern, a tanned sailor watches Pelagia enter, then leave the tavern, his form leaning against the tavern's wall. His eyebrows lift, as his gaze drifts towards the book in her grasp, as his hands push his form off of the wall. His right hand lifts upward to adjust the sailor's cap upon his head, and he smiles a charming smile, before joining the crowd and keeping Pelagia within sight.

Pela finally caught up to her and panted heavily. Forcing herself to run that fast while remaining modest caused her to lapse into labored breathing, but she was fine. When Desecra stomped in her direction, she backpedaled and hunkered down, eyes squeezed shut in a flinch for just a moment before one opened slightly to peek. She hadn't been hit yet, at least!

When the woman swiped at her, after giving that rather irritable answer, Pela ducked to the ground. She looked up to see the woman growl, causing her to wheel back again. "L-l-look! Please-- please ah... Miss... if you would, I'd like to t-talk business!" Yes, business. "You um... you... you see ahah... I have a thing-- book, s-sorry! That um... that leads to a uh... to a place that um... that... that...." Shite, she was having some issues here. "I um... It's a place. Just a place. I'm not sure what the place is b-but if there's something there! Anything at all... you can have part of it? But you have to help me get there?" She was so, so bad at this. She didn't even ease into it! "Of course I have no idea what's there! Maybe uhm... maybe mermaids, I uh... I think he said there were merfolk... um... Maybe they have neat things you can have? I don't know...! I'm sorry, I'll just-- I dunno. I have no idea where to find a ship and I need one so I'm asking you and--"

Pelagia, just. Freaking. Stop. She understands why you were asking, or at least assumed such. No reason to stipulate!
The Dungeoneer (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The captain was suspicious of the incoming woman that was approaching his goliath. Caught up in his own duplexed thoughts; only half being attentive to the conversation when Desecra came back with a pinch of news regarding the Thirteenth Sea. Everything was fairly white noise as far as the brief scuffle to him with the exception of the words spoken as he prattled his clawed-fingers along his seemingly stretched chin. Eyes skyward. "So it seems this place was a splendid place t'start after all!" There was a sense of devious joy behind his tone, but then Pelagia mentioned a book. "Book?" Attention immediately snapping too when it was mentioned. Filtering through the stammering of a nervous woman's words was difficult with how long he had to wait for her to say it all. "Ah-ha!!" Throwing his arms up. "Aye', fair lady!" Descending the gangplank in a waddle of a form for walking. "Don't harm her, don't harm her." Trying to settle Desecra before she crushed the poor girl.

"Ahh.." Approaching the two with arms wide in welcome. "You say you have a book, hm? Regarding the place that we seek, yes?" His amphibious eyes scanned over Pelagia's form to identify the book, were it in plain sight his eyes would lock onto the item, if not he'd lock eyes with Pelagia. "You know. We're a crew lookin' for just the place and would not mind having the extra hands board this ship here 'case there be a danger out there. Never been there m'self, only heard stories, y'know?" The Captain would reach out to try and touch the book if possible, but to his dismay the book itself had turned to wet sand where he had touched, becoming intangible to him. "Wha'~?!" Yanking his hand back, the book also reformed itself as it were, dry sand simply rolling down the cover. "Hmmmm..." Narrowing his eyes. "Come aboard." Stepping aside, using his hand to gesture her to walk up the gangplank. "M'ship is open for you to peruse"

Back in the tavern the Bartender was curious about Pelagia's abrupt exit. "Alright. Come back anytime!" Waving his hand in dismissal, being left with the waving hand, an individual of scales and this masked person who he still had suspicions of. The slimmer one behind the counter was quick to tend to the tower of ale to acquire the masked individual's request per the coin spent. "In a jiff!" The owner replied to Sylass. At least someone was making a purchase out of the group, snapping his fingers for his assistant to get three more tankards of drink. "A ship eh?" Just before he could reply with a legitimate answer Bakir had offered up an end to the search. Shrugging his shoulders he'd tend to other customers as the assistant lined up four large tankards of mead. Three in front of Sylass and Foy and one in front of the masked person. "That'll be three coin, sir!" The assistant piped up.

The fact that Pelagia had evaded her grasp coaxed a low snarl from Desecra, and her incessant babbling infuriated her further. She's grow dangerously still, her eyes widening, brows lowering before finally she bellowed "Hoot are ye talkin'... STAP YER HAVERIN', WEE EEJIT!" With that she'd stomp a boot in emphasis of her frustration. She even went so far as to heft the huge hammer off of her back, and with a long slow swing it came crashing down into the ground not far from the stammering femme. It caused the ground to tremble within a small radius and crack a little at the point of impact.
Desecra huffed a snort of air from her flared nostrils like a bull seeing crimson. It wasn't until her captain ordered her to settle that she {hesitantly} returned the weapon to her back, a growl rumbling in her chest as she slinked back a few steps, finally giving the girl some space. She remained silent for the duration of their exchange.
When Pelagia was invited aboard, the goliath would fold her arms over her chest and move behind her, grumbling "Aye. Get up yon close," morphing the polite invitation into an order. She habitually moved to reinforce the will of her contract holder in a more... aggressive fashion.

Sylass' nostrils flared."Then let them fear. Masks don't inspire trust either." He grumbled as he put down the coin required for the drinks. Immediately he takes a large gulp from it and smacks it back down the table, quickly shaking his head and widening his eyes. That sure was strong stuff!"Child Foy drink too. Warms up the body. Helps against cold winds."

The Blackscale's gaze turns to Bakir, whom's offer proved to get Sylass' attention."Ship captain hiring? Very well. Sylass will trust stranger." He said before taking another gulp from his drink, nearly finishing his drink.
Foy looked nervously between the agitated lizard man and the masked patron, trying again to ease the tension, though realistically the men could probably work things out on their own. "N-now, if the man is uncomfortable with his visage, surely he has a right to hide it if he chooses..." She said carefully, not wanting to end up on the losing side of an argument either.

Her attention was turned to the drink that was ordered for her by Sylass, and her eyes widened. A tankard of ale here was twice, maybe three times the size of the ones she was familiar with back home. This much ale was sure to knock her on her keester... but surely it would be rude to refuse...

She picked up the cup with comical difficulty, and took a long pull, now ignoring Sylass's assumption that she was a child, protesting didn't seem to be achieving anything. The booze burned down her throat, but sat warm in her stomach.

As she took another long sip, her attention was drawn to swordsman as he mentioned a ship to Sylass. How thrilling, things were coming together excellently. "Really? Will he take us all the way to the thirteenth sea.. wherever that is? We have directions and everything.. at least.. I believe they are instructions.. of a sort.."

Grey sighed, he doesn't seem to want to accept my answers. "Very well. If you wish to see why I wear a mask I will show you, but not here. Too many people, I don't wish to be the new target of every one like that old man was." He waited for Sylass' response but the topic of a ship was brought up, and then The Thirteenth Sea witch caught his interest. "The Thirteenth Sea?" this was directed to Foy.
((sorry couldn't think of anything more here))

((Sorry if there are many mistakes. I'm on mobile!))

Pelagia hunkered down when all the stomping and yelling ensued. The noises coupled with the woman's actions succeeded in intimidating her. The girl lifted her gaze after he collision of hammer against ground, surprised that she didn't hurt from it. She supposed her intentions were to scare her off and not harm her. "I-I'm sorry, I just thought-" she said, though her quiet voice was easily overshadowed by the captain's as he spoke and approached.

She back pedaled a little but remained still when she saw she wasn't in direct danger. His words gave her hope, but when he moved she felt worried. Was he going to try to take the book from her? Pela's eyes widened when the book did what it did. She felt confused and in awe and terribly grateful.

Finally, she brought her eyes up to meet the strange captain's, a coy smile on her face. "I appreciate that very much. I just need to fetch the oth-"

Desecra surprised her. Scared her, even. She let out a small desperate whimper, concerned about the others in the tavern. "But I-" she tried to reason, but her nervousness and fear of the brutish woman prevented her from finishing what she had to say. She eventually gave up and walked forward, feeling like if he old man really was right, they would find a way to the ship as well. If they were apart of that same prophecy, they would meet again. Still, she couldn't help but to be worried. She didn't know anything about the ship and its crew. Pelagia tugged on her dress while she walked on board.
The Dungeoneer (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The Bartender at the tavern was of course delighted at the amount of customers that were joining in this early evening. That was, until a peculiar figure shifted through the motioning crowds of drunkards and joyfuls. The individual stepped between Foy and Greyonji and leaned forward. The assistant who was the first to see panicked and immediately hollered for the Owner. "Eh?! Whas'at!?" There was a look of awe that grimmed the owner's face as he stepped forward. "How can I help ya'?" The assistant leaned in pointing at the hooded person. "Th-that's two, ain't it boss?"

The look the Owner shot at the assistant was one that indicated him to shut up. The cloaked that veiled this unknown person was of tattered cloth with no indicating marks of allegiance to a nation. The entity of interest rose a scarred, water logged hand up holding three fingers and dropped them onto the table. "Do you remember these?" To anyone who had good enough memory and attention to detail, the three fingers could be identified as the Beggar's who had recently passed in his own strange way. The Owner stiffened up with a sharp inhale. "What do you want?" Tone more stern and cautious. Using a hand gesture quick to the assistant to dispose of the fingers blatantly dropped on the open counter top for all to see. "The third will come to pass." A woman's voice projected from the hood although no face could be seen at the angle the top of the hood's stip was positioned. The owner canted a hand. "Third?" The owner inquired. "The Predestined have been located. This town is no longer needed." Both hands rose up from the cloak to pull back the hood and reveal a head of sand. A 'living human model' composed of sand.

Immediately after the mystery person was revealed to them the assist piped up in a frantic voice. "Boss! That only leaves one more for this place! The Hydra!" In his own fear he hopped over the table, spilling over a couple tankards of ale to other customers and stumbled his way out of the tavern. "This is it?" The creature of sand opened its mouth wide and from its throat projected a high velocity stream of sand that pushed the rather large bartender slamming back against the tower of ale barrels. In result, the tower of barrels were knocked unstable and into a wobble. Back and forth, then back and forth again before coming crashing down on the disintegrating owner.

The sand seemed to work like acid,turning whatever it touched into sand all the same. The ale that exploded from the dropped barrels splashed ale and mead radially. When the creature closed its mouth it looked at Foy, Sylass, Bakir, Greyonji, and Narla all individually. "Find your lost comrad." Then collapsed in on itself as a pool of harmless sand.

A majority of the customers were too drunk to react appropriately to what had just happened. The sobers ones exited much like the assistant did, in a panic.

Just a few seconds after the mysterious assailant left the Bartender to break apart into grains of sand the ground of the town had become to shake and rumble. A massive fissure had begun racing down from the mainland to the docks right down the middle of the town, down it's main street. Screams roared from the inhabiting civilization of terror and freight. Something else. Something, bigger. Stronger overshadowed the cries of meager fears of a 'natural disaster'. A beast's roar reached up from the depths of the earths from within the fissure drowning all sound for a short duration.

The Captain pivoted on the gangplank still just as Pelagia and Descera boarded the ship to see the town torn in two. The ship rocked a bit from the current of water that was eager to fill this new space. "Hrrmm..." A noise that seemed to be of irritation. "Pelagia." Turning his head slightly to project his voice easier for her to hear. "Did the old man say anything peculiar to you before his death?" The gangplank shook unstably, but he did not budge. The earth still did not cease rumbling as that same deafening roar multiplied as though it were coming from numerous sources.

The singular fissure that left the port town asunder began to branch out and force both halves further apart by the foot. Something was forcing its way up, slowly.

The tavern was on the opposite side of the initial fissure. The ship continued to feel a little tug from the sear current still channeling into the cracks. Some people were seen falling clumsily into the opening rifts. No one was able to run properly from just how violently the earth was being shook. One of the civilians tried to board the ship, but he immediately shoved the man aside off the gangplank and into the water. The cries for help were drowned out by the water as he was pulled into the abyss by the current. "No one boards m'ship! I want to see this thing for my self!" Narrowing his eyes on the main fissure, looking for some sign of what could be emerging from the rift's depths.
Sand Rats (played by Miss)

Bakir's gaze drifts towards the scaled beast, his white teeth showing in a small smile, "The captain is hiring, but if you are interested, I have more information to be shared outside." His left hand lifts upward and forms a fist, as his head turns away, a rasping cough rattling through his lungs. Bakir's gaze drifts towards Narla, as she glances towards him. Bakir's head rises subtly, and then gestures towards the door within the same motion, and Narla places the mostly finished piece of chicken meat near the plate that it was offered upon.

Bakir's sandals scuff against the floor as his form turns about, his hiltless blade being lifted upwards by pressing down upon the blade's end with his right hand. His left hand pushes the tavern door open, as his gaze drifts towards the masked man, "I believe there is only one."

Narla's right hand pulls the tanned veil upwards, her tribal tattoo covered once more. Her cloth covered feet land upon the floor of the tavern, as her right hand drifts upwards, pulling the slack of
the cloth that held her bow tight.

Bakir's sandals slide to the side as a figure enters the tavern, his gaze drifting towards the figure's back. His left hand raises two fingers upward, as Narla's right hand pulls upon the cloth that held her bow, her left hand reaching back to string an ordinary arrow, pulling it back. As the tavern keeper turned into a sand, Bakir's gaze drifts to the sand-shaped skull, then towards the tavern keeper, his voice quiet at first, then louder. "Iago, its time to leave. Narla, we're leaving."

Narla's amethyst gaze drifts towards Bakir's form, "Comrad? Where friend?" Bakir's head shakes subtly, "Not us, them. Return to the ship." Narla's amethyst gaze drifts towards the other patrons before her shoulder rolls off of the tavern's wall, her hands still holding themselves upon her bow and the nocked arrow, as she exits the tavern. Her cloth covered feet carry her form through the streets, as her bow is pointed between citizens, as her gaze snaps to each one nearing her.

Bakir's right hand lowers the tip of the hiltless blade to point itself towards the floor, his gaze drifting towards the other patrons, as many were leaving the building, "I suggest we leave, friends." Bakir's white teeth show in a small smile, before his sandals carry his form out the tavern door, moving at an easily matchable pace towards the docks.

Desecra was angry.
Always angry.
That fact that a stranger attempted to speak to the goliath {on a matter that failed to interest her at that} made her angry. The fact that she stuttered and whimpered made her angry. Even the fact that only this girl could touch the book- although that was entirely out of her control- made Desecra angry.
She was easily aggravated, and Pelagia was doing an especially good job.
Desecra would crowd the girl, giving her little room, keeping close as if to impatiently drive her towards the ship. Besides, she figured if this stranger decided to bolt she should stay close to snatch her up this time.
She allowed herself to become distracted the moment the ground began to tremble. Her reaction time was admittedly slower than her captain's, but she would eventually turn with furrowed brows to behold the town. The corners of her lips tugged into a deep frown and she hefted her hammer back into her hands. "Earthquake?" Desecra questioned dully, and when her master mentioned a "thing" she'd grumble a "hrrm" of distaste, but she would not protest. Her beady eyes narrowed, hammer prepared to swing at absolutely anyone {or anything} that attempted to board the ship next.

What was this about a hydra? And why was everyone so scared of this stranger? The answer was given to Sylass pretty quickly. It seemed rather random to him that this sand female would kill a bartender out of all people. Regardless, Sylass quickly drew his weapons."Sand woman! Explain self!" Too late. She disintegrated. Today has been a very strange day. Was this common in port towns? Sylass was starting to believe beaches were burial grounds where sandy corpses got dropped. ((Author's note: when I wrote this I suddenly realized how friggin' metal that sounded. You're welcome.))

And then an earthquake happened. Or was it an earthquake? Sylass could clearly hear some sort of creature roaring. This got him agitated. It didn't look like it was time to put those weapons away yet. The Blackscale nodded towards Bakir."Sylass agrees. Overstayed our welcome. Child Foy, stick close. Any other drunk want to live, Try keep up with Sylass." That was primarily meant for those who didn't run off in fear. It would be a waste for those who were capable of surviving to die for no good reason. He quickly ran for the door.

Outside, he could see the devestation right in front of him, as well as the fissure that seemed to block their path to the harbor. Sylass grumbled some cusses in Draconic, looking for a way around before the buildings had a chance of crumbling down on top of the group.
Foy's attention was drawn bck to Greyonji as she heard his exclamation about the Thirteenth Sea. She gave him a nod, but it was followed by a moment of doubt. "Though I suppose I wouldn't know if there was another thirteenth sea.."

Things were interrupted yet again, as strangers entered the bar, and the bartender started to look nervous. When the cloaked figure dropped the fingers on the table, Foy gasped. She knew where those fingers belonged, and it made it even more terrible to see them.

...She may have turned a little green, as she moved to set aside her half finished drink, her drinking mood was done for the night.

More so when a woman, alarmingly composed of sand, when and killed the bartender. Her drink missed the table, and shattered on the groud below instead.She hardly even noticed, because it was time ti get the heck out of there. She needed very little urging from Sylass to follow him, she wanted to be as far away from that woman as possible. The world was shaking around her, but she had a low center of gravity, and with some difficulty, was able to remain standing and propelling herself forward, terror was one heck of a motivator.

Grey was about to ask if he could tag along when the person stepped between them. As the figure had passed by he saw the glow of magic under their hood, but long enough to identify the type of magic.perhaps they wear an enchanted mask... but why, then, would they need the hood? When the man dropped the fingers on the counter he took a step back thinking it an assassin and that this was business he shouldn't witness. Both thoughts how ever proved wrong once the hood came off and he realized it was an animation spell he had seen. Running out of the bar Greyonji looked for where the fissure was thinnest and, if another route wasn't found, ran to the side calling the others over. Once they were over he would draw the water from the sea air and make a path of ice strong enough to support them and just wide enough to run across.

The strange rumbling took Pela by surprise. She wasn't sure how to respond to it, especially on a ship. What if, for some reason, the vessel would capsize? The thought sent a wave of panic through her, but she managed to suppress it easily enough when she heard from the Captain that particular question. "Ah... uhm... Something about a prophecy. Three people? Me and two others? I don't know... I need to find them, but--" she flicked her head back toward the town and backpedaled away from the edge of the ship. "He said I needed to remember the name Sharall. To go north. And he started to die...."

When the Captain mentioned no one boarding the ship, she'd shake her head and desperately approach him. "If ah... if we find-- if my erm... the two others? Yes, if they show up, please let them on, too! I have no problems with uhm... with sharing, you know? Sharing what we find. But I will need to leave the ship if I cannot do it without them...."

Which were big words for such a small and timid thing. She knew Desecra could probably block off her way out, but she felt a little smarter than the woman. Nothing against her, of course, but... she thought with her fists. Pela didn't have that advantage. On top of that, even if she did leave, there was whatever was in that town to deal with, and the need to find another ship as soon as possible. She felt incredibly bad for leaving them in the tavern now, but knew if she hadn't, it might have been too late and she wouldn't have found this Captain and his crew. ...Even if one of them seemed to be pissed off by even the breaths Pelagia took.

The noises surrounding her caused her to duck her head and shrug her shoulders upward. She was terribly frightened but struggling not to panic. So far she was successful, mainly because she knew things needed to be done.

"What exactly is going on...?" she whispered, finally muttering something about it. She thought it was interesting. The moment she stepped on the ship, the town began to crumble apart in such a strange way. She wasn't very narcissistic at all, but a little superstitious. Perhaps there was more to the old man than she thought? Who knew!

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Thirteenth Sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus