Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Beefy Monster Boi

FINAL1nobg.png

Hey everybody.

I have this monster design and I'm having trouble getting him started. Can I have some help? The only ideas I have so far are:

⬧︎ Not the brightest crayon in the box, and that's OK.

⬧︎ A good boi.

⬧︎ Amphibian.
If you're not opposed to magic items, he should have something so he doesn't dry out if he's able to get to water.

Also, is he toxic with those colours?
winplaceshow Topic Starter

Cacophony wrote:
If you're not opposed to magic items, he should have something so he doesn't dry out if he's able to get to water.

Also, is he toxic with those colours?

HM. Maybe his pond was polluted by toxic sludge... Then if I go in more of a sci-fi direction, he could have a little dampness machine. Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or Toxic Avenger.... or Daredevil.
Looks like quite the brute. Perhaps he isn't aware of his own strength and ends up breaking things and hurting others more often than not but can't figure out why most run or reject him when he offers to help.
What if he had a low int, high wis situation? He isn't book smart, but he posesses great wells of knowledge to rival Mimir's with experience far beyond his years, and lizardfolk tend to do. Oh, and what if part of the reason he is so beefy is because his species is normally smaller, but he got a mutation for extra size and strength which lead him to be the workhorse of his community, therefore solidifying his role as the buff dude. This would also cater to the first point I made, with him having heard every story and every bit of advice there is to be heard there?
in thoughts of sci-fi, and him being toxic sludge, does he have companions? What is his intelligence like? What does he eat? What's his hearing like?
LunarValravn wrote:
Looks like quite the brute. Perhaps he isn't aware of his own strength and ends up breaking things and hurting others more often than not but can't figure out why most run or reject him when he offers to help.
I definitely think this too - especially with that tail!
He makes me think he's a genuine boi who wants to help, but is super clumsy with that massive tail of his! Shops beware with low-sitting shelves!!

Also with colours like that, I'd imagine him to be bioluminescent (glows in the dark). A bit like how the firefly squid glows in deep water! Imagine how helpful that would be in caves, or at night time for his companions. <3 Maybe residue from his paws/feet leave enough of a mark that he can be easily tracked in the dark - possibly a disadvantage if he's trying to stealth at all.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Beefy Monster Boi

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus