Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Gifs on Character Profile

I can't seem to figure this out, but is there a way to put a gif on a character profile, at all? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
I've seen GIFs in character profiles so I know it works. But I also cannot figure this one out. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, please.

Good on you to ask, Ace-Of-Hearts. ^_^
Luscinioide

should just be the same as putting in a picture. take out the spaces, obviously, i only put those in because i can't remember the bbcode to show how to code something

edit: forgot to note...deviantart, pinterest, and tumblr links don't work. if you're using those you need to save the gif and upload it to imgur. if it converts to mp4, you can just change it from (img).mp4 to (img).gif when you're using the code on rpr.

[ img ] img URL: make sure it ends in .gif, .png, or .jpg [/img]

to change alignment it's [ img align=(direction) ] img url [/img]

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Seven_of_Beasts Topic Starter

Ooh, thanks a bunch! I should have known it'd be that easy but my tired, frustrated brain didn't consider that!
For tumblr in particular, I haven't tried it on RPR, but it likes to open images as .gifv instead of .gif, so deleting the v from the end of the url should give the proper url. I don't know if that fixes it on here though, since I haven't tried. ^^;
Saturninum wrote:
should just be the same as putting in a picture. take out the spaces, obviously, i only put those in because i can't remember the bbcode to show how to code something

edit: forgot to note...deviantart, pinterest, and tumblr links don't work. if you're using those you need to save the gif and upload it to imgur. if it converts to mp4, you can just change it from (img).mp4 to (img).gif when you're using the code on rpr.

[ img ] img URL: make sure it ends in .gif, .png, or .jpg [/img]

to change alignment it's [ img align=(direction) ] img url [/img]

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Thanks for the help! ^_^
This already might be solved but I use the gallery widget to upload gifs. However you might have to use a gif compressor though.
ogle wrote:
For tumblr in particular, I haven't tried it on RPR, but it likes to open images as .gifv instead of .gif, so deleting the v from the end of the url should give the proper url. I don't know if that fixes it on here though, since I haven't tried. ^^;

that's my method here, and it does work!

still can't figure out how to keep animations running in the pfps though :v

You are on: Forums » Help » Gifs on Character Profile

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus