Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » 'Basic Info' deletion?

Is it just me or is anyone else unable to delete an added list item to the Basic Info widget when putting information in about their characters?

It seems that it's a big pain to have to go through it all over again if you've added something and decided you want to get rid of it, but can't do so, so you end up having to use the 'Text' widget anyway.

The only thing that I've noticed is a small underscore symbol next to the topmost list item; it's rare and all that seems to do is bring me back to the top of the page if I click it. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Is there any way to implement a deduction system, or rather a way to delete something you've put into the widget already?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

If you want to delete an item from basic info, just leave the text boxes in question empty. When you finish editing, anything blank will automatically be removed :)
Brutal Topic Starter

darth_angelus wrote:
If you want to delete an item from basic info, just leave the text boxes in question empty. When you finish editing, anything blank will automatically be removed :)

Oh yeah? JEEZ, I'm a dope. Thank you!
Kim Site Admin

Those underlines are the result of an error -- Deletion buttons are supposed to go there. I'd been letting it ride and not fixing it because there were so many other things to do, and in fact it was still possible to remove things without dedicated buttons as Darth has pointed out. But since you've reminded me, I just went and fixed it and gave you an accolade for helping out. :)

Thank you!
Brutal Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Those underlines are the result of an error -- Deletion buttons are supposed to go there. I'd been letting it ride and not fixing it because there were so many other things to do, and in fact it was still possible to remove things without dedicated buttons as Darth has pointed out. But since you've reminded me, I just went and fixed it and gave you an accolade for helping out. :)

Thank you!

Oh, cool! I'm glad to have helped out. :)
Yuuka (played by Haski)

hello ?
Sanne Moderator

Yuuka wrote:
hello ?

Hello :) Is there anything we can help you with?
Not sure if it belongs here, but when I try to edit the headline "Text" in the Basic Information page of a 'TextWidget' so it is emtpy instead of showing just TEXT, it won't work. I can't even change it.

Edit: It seems to work if I use the 'Save Changes' button. Somehow I thought i have to press the 'pencilbutton' odd. Sorry, maybe Im just confused.
MissMonster wrote:
Not sure if it belongs here, but when I try to edit the headline "Text" in the Basic Information page of a 'TextWidget' so it is emtpy instead of showing just TEXT, it won't work. I can't even change it.

Edit: It seems to work if I use the 'Save Changes' button. Somehow I thought i have to press the 'pencilbutton' odd. Sorry, maybe Im just confused.

Nope. That's about it. Just gotta remember to hit 'Save Changes' when your done.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » 'Basic Info' deletion?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus