Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Agathe's Hut (Closed!)

Biskit (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Biskit gently placed their big fluffy arms around Agathe's shoulders. It was pretty close to the hugging thing they had seen humanoids do before; Biskit had always wanted to try that. Filled with happiness at their newfound collection of treats, as well as the joy of having had such a nice interaction over all, they turned to exit through the door. They were a bit clumsy, not being used to.. largeness. They couldn't help but wonder if they would be like this forever... They pushed the thought away; it was a bit too overwhelming to wonder if their life had suddenly undergone a drastic change. When the magic did eventually fade, they would find themself relieved. For now, though, the happy creature began to depart, waving a cheerful farewell with their tail (and perhaps accidentally bopping the newest guest with it.)
Agathe (played by fig) Topic Starter

Agathe very gratefully accepted the hug from Biskit, momentarily enveloped in fluff. She gives a giggle of delight and waves to Biskit as they leave. "'Ta now!" That big old tail whaps Surf harmlessly in the head and she gives a soft tut of sympathy despite it being painless.

"Oh, pet, come here. Come have some treats." She has no idea in the world what his mask is supposed to be and finds it to be quite strange, but she does not comment; it is out of her realm, she feels.

"How about a chocolate whoopee pie, hm? Or, vanilla and chocolate?"
Balthazar (played anonymously)

There was something ironic about the way the silvery moon perched so brightly in the hollow sky framed by the speckles of glinting stars. And yet, the feline noted with a tilt of his head, the winds blew in such disarray that the threat of something ominous wafted through the chilling breeze. How was it stormy, yet so incredibly luminous, he pondered, admiring the glittering winks cast down from the vast unknown.

The little tuxedo cat rose from his perch, stretching forth with small limbs until his toes quivered and flexed reactively. He shifted next, his haunches upright, back curved, and rear legs interchangeably extending as far behind him as he could muster. That was satisfying, he mulled contentedly.

It was after a proper yawn, Balthazar caught a whiff of something positively divine drifting tantalizingly past his nose carried by the otherwise tempestuous winds. He immediately leaped down from his branch and began to search out this treat that taunted him. Something else, however, caught his attention. It was by far, the most profound sensation he'd experienced in some time. Magic was nearby! At long last, someone with the capability to understand him was just barely out of his reach.

Goaded by his motivation as a Familiar to meet the magic incarnate, the cat flung himself forward into a dead run until his tiny paws brought him to the destination responsible for the bustle of excitement and bristling of whiskers. He saw the hut nestled cozily like a promise of good food and otherworldly tidings.

Balthazar padded up to the door and gave it a light pawing before plopping down on his rump with his tail wrapping gingerly about his evenly parted feet. The feline gave Morrissey a cordial nod. And now he would wait...

While still tending to Surf, she sees a wee cat begin to make his way up the path, little velvet feet padding silently as cats tend to do.

"Ah, another li'l trick-or-treater!" The last three words of her sentence are said nearly as one in her thick accent. She kneels out of respect to address Balthazar, the knees of her gown coming to rest on the stones right outside of her door. She instantly holds out a hand to him, assured deep in her soul for many years that cats are one of her kindred animals.

"Wee one, you can't be having any of this chocolate, now. Wouldn't want you to get a sair wame." She is under the impression that he cannot speak, though now that he is near she can scent and feel some kind of... divine energy emanating from him. Most interesting indeed. Maybe he was some kind of blessed talisman or somesuch thing. Probably quite good at catching mice in the kirk, then.

She scritches him behind the ears and all along his back if he so consents. "I do think I've-a something made of just vanilla, though, maybe a li'l pot o' the cream fer ye?" Her tones are low and confidential, aware she is talking probably only to herself. But, after so long, she's found animals like to be talked to, too.

The extended hand was met with a paw, a courtesy shown to the woman as she had shown toward him. Balthazar even offered a cordial little nod, looking ever the dapper gentleman in his perpetual suit of fur. Before he could speak, however, Agathe had moved on to chiding as a kind reminder that cats could not partake in such decadent luxuries as chocolate. He licked his chops, nevertheless.

Balthazar was grateful that despite not getting into the treats as insatiably as he had originally wanted, he was still promised something that would quell his tiny albeit voracious little feline appetite. He looked up at Agathe once more noting something ethereal in her gaze as she looked back at him, and for a moment his bright gems of slit gold stared back just as intensely. It was a secret hope that he had found someone no matter how transient the stay would have been, that he could finally connect to.

To her proffered scratchings and attentive pets, he was more than happy to oblige -- a greedy little guttersnipe that he was. It was then he finally realized his opportunity however and gave the woman a congenial reply.

"Cream?" he spoke, no such divulgence of an accent as of yet, though the tone was deeper than that of a creature of his stature. "You had me at cream. Ooo, I can taste it now! Oh, wait..."

He took a careful look around and after surveying the area with a suddenly astute awareness he looked back at the other with wide, heedful eyes. "It's that time of the year again, huh?"

If anything could be deciphered by his manner of speech, it was hardly pristine. He was quite the casual mongrel, lazy, but exceedingly efficient in his line of work.

"Hmmm," Agathe says softly, her petting not stalling. "maybe you can have chocolate." She smiles a little and studies him carefully, very much under the impression that he is in possession of a human form, some kind of shapeshifter utilizing the appearance of a feline in order to score treats. Not a bad strategy.

"Y'know, yer the second talkin' kitty I've met tonight. The other was a witchling's familiar. I wonder what ye are." Agathe stands and disappears into the hut rather abruptly. When she returns, she has a dish of regular cream and a dish of her vanilla filling. She sets both down at his little feet.

Seeing as the rush has seemingly died down, Agathe reaches into the gloominess of the hut and produces a chair that she sits upon, tall, well-built woman having to adjust all that comes with her in order to do so; it is easy to get one's thick skirts entangled in a chair. You wouldn't think so, but it is. Terribly easy.

Put together now she looks down at the cat with her own bright, green eyes, studying and waiting for an answer. Any creature in tune with nature was not one she had quarrel with; she doubted he was undead or some kind of evil thing that needed dispatching. And thusly, he was welcome.

"Mmm, aye, if you're meanin' how thin the veil is, yes. I would say it is that time of year again." She thinks they make the wind. After so many years of autumns, she thinks that all of that cold, slightly damp wind is kicked up from their running feet and floating forms. She's never been in tune with death, able to see or communicate with the dead or spirits, never able to feel their presence. But, somewhere in her heart she feels that's true.

A shapeshifter? Not entirely, but certainly not your run-of-the-mill Familiar either. He comes equipped with all the bells and whistles -- an upgrade of sorts. At least this was his thought process, being that he spent most of his time as a cat and as such the pomposity of such a form is influential to say the least.

"I most certainly can," he spoke with feline self-importance. "Though it has been sometime since I have had chocolate, but in the end, vanilla would be my preferred choice anyway."

Upon mentioning yet another talking cat, Balthazar chuckled and with his tiny kitty-like shoulders mustered something akin to a shrug. "I'm not at all surprised. You kind of have an open invitation for all sorts to show up on your doorstep being who you are."

He was referring to more than just the holiday and the inviting gloom of decor and treats. There was something magically alluring about the woman, though comforting, he could easily sense something disconnected, a sadness or perhaps something long lost in her otherwise kindly expression.

He examined the treats with interest and even bent over to give the little bowls eager sniffs before he went to lapping interchangeably between the two. When she spoke once more Balthazar rose upward, a small dollop of filling latched upon one of his white whiskers. With a single swipe of a little pink tongue, that issue was quickly resolved.

"Balthazar," he stated abruptly. "I am a Familiar, but not natural born and yet, kiiiiinda eternal. It's a long story, but I have to say, it's good to be in the company of those who understand their capabilities. Thank you for the cream, by the way -- it's friggin' delicious!"

"Oh? And who am I?" She gives a tinkly laugh, not bothered by the fact that he seems to be aware of her more magical inclinations.

"Not a shapeshifter, hm? A Familiar. I've known a few in my time." Off to their side, Morrissey gives a snort from his perch on his stool, apparently still at work on some kind of drawing. Not plainly ratlike in his countenance but still a rat all the same, he offers a little wave if acknowledged but is otherwise absorbed in his activities.

"Pleased to meet ye, all the same. I am Agathe." She finds him to be very catlike in personality and finds his little gestures and mannerisms to be quite humorous. It is hard not to laugh at seeing a cat shrug.

"Ye've finished there I see. Will ye be wantin' more? Since ye can have chocolate an' all." She doesn't patronize him by crumbling or cutting up a whoopee pie in any fashion and instead lays it on a little saucer on the ground in front of him. "Ye can't really take it to-go, as it is." Agathe gives a sharp grin, suddenly imagining this dapper little creature wearing a little red backpack--

"Well, let's see shall we?" said the cat giving the druidess a thoughtful consideration. "Hmm.."

Once he felt he had properly assessed her, Balthazar determined finally that Agathe had many layers, as do most magical incarnates, but hers was of a singular purpose and one with which he was all too familiar.

"Divine retribution," he said with certainty. "You are the essence of purity, the true, blindingly brilliant white in an otherwise bleak and grey world. You uphold your standards with vehemence and no matter of conveyance in opposition to your cause, you uphold your station with solidarity."

He glanced at Morrissey, giving the air a light sniff to see if there were any inklings of 'rat' carried about on the shifting breeze. Balthazar simply nodded at the other Familiar respectfully. It was pleasing, after all, to see others who can claim a human form.

Once the whoopee pie lay before him, Balthazar licked his chops once more and eagerly dove into the offered treat gobbling up his fill of it while she spoke.

"Would be a sight, eh?" he looked almost as if he were grinning at Agathe now. The little red backpack would suit him well!

The little tuxedo cat then stood to his full height and stretched, his full belly egging him to find a safe place for a long nap. To Agathe, he bid a kindly, kitty nod.

"Thank you for your kindness to all matters of creatures and natural beings. Your protection is duly appreciated. A gift for your generosity --"

With that, the Familiar closed his lamp-like eyes and focused his energies. It was a tie to his own station in life, a gathering of elements and the forces of nature as though he were tuning into the labyrinth of untapped powers yet to grace worlds undiscovered. Wisps of light delicately rose from an aura that formed around his small body and once he opened his eyes, there was some sort of preternatural transfer.

Though modest that it was, should the transfer be a success, Agathe's own powers seemed to illuminate within her. It was accompanied by a keenness, a pure unadulterated sensation of unity to nature emphasized by the worldly unknowns that surrounded them.

"Take care of her!" Balthazar called out to Morrissey before he bounded away from whence he came.
Kiro (played by Riik)

Kiro made his way along to what was to be his next trick-or-treating destination. He wasn't usually one to go along with that which he deemed childish, but having been convinced to don a costume and join in with the festivities, he made for perhaps one of the grumpier examples of trick-or-treaters, an embarrassed expression remaining seemingly permanently upon his face.

Hair slicked back and face touched up with subtle make-up to make it appear more pale, it was the undead to which his outfit honoured. A slightly convincing cheap replica of a fancy black trenchcoat with an oversized collar sat atop a velvet-looking burgundy waistcoat, complimented with smart trousers and black socks that separated for his individual toes. Complete with a neck piece, his guise was that of a noble vampire lord... not that there were all that many vampires walking around with tails and prehensile feet. Rubber prosthetic pointy tips were also applied to his ears, along with a set of fairly well-made fangs that closely fit over his real teeth to the extent that they only offered the most minor of speech impediment. He held within his hands An actual hollowed out pumpkin that had been cleaned up as best as was possible to serve as a bucket for as long as it stayed relatively fresh. A string cable served as a handle, tied through strategically cut holes to ensure security.

Kiro parked himself outside the abode and declared bashfully: "Trick or treat." His eyes firmly fixed upon the floor as though doing so would protect him from the repercussions of being dressed up for what he viewed as a childish holiday.

Agathe feels very touched and quite seen and her milk-white skin turns bright red in embarrassment.

"Ehm," She doesn't have much to say to that, thoroughly flattered and rendered speechless. She watches him eat in her stunned silence, eyes round.

Once he finishes, and looks quite plump, she does smile and give a little chuckle.

"Full, eh?" Very cute little thing he was, truly. He seems ready and set to go now that he's near fit to burst.

"Ah--" She flushes again, terribly, heat creeping up her neck and into her hairline. "Y-ye're quite welcome." At a loss, she gives an overwhelmed little wave from her seated spot, mouth opening as he appears to be focusing on her. She knows that look.

"Erm, that isn't necessary--" But he's already done. And she feels flooded with butteryellow warmth that seeps into that reserve deep inside of her that brims with natural magic.

"Oh!" She says, quite surprised, and before she can thank him, he's bolted off in search of other treats with that parting shout to Morrissey, who salutes in recognition and not in mocking.

Agathe is quiet for a while, listening to the wind and warming her hands by wringing them repeatedly. Definitely just warming them.

When little Kiro arrives she gives him a warm smile. "Hullo, wee one. My goodness," Recognizing his grumpiness and hoping to lighten his mood, she says, "how frightening ye are! I'm quite scairt of vampires meself."

In truth she had killed hundreds of vampires in her life, being as undead as they are. There was also truth to her statement; she was a little frightened of them, mostly because fighting them always carried the risk of being bitten. And she wouldn't be able to abide that.

"Well, even though ye've given me quite a fright, I'd be more'n pleased to share some of my treats here with ye. Whoopie pie, or candy? Or both, I don't mind in the slightest." Truly, she doesn't. She just wants everyone to have fun.
Kiro (played by Riik)

"I..." Kiro's first instinct was to ask for candy only, as it seemed easiest to transport and he was feeling too bashful to eat anything immediately in his current costume. A large part of his mind wanted him to get this over with as quickly as possible and scurry somewhere out of sight. But alas, his stomach apparently didn't agree. And when it made angry noises at him, he sighed through his nose. "I-I guess both..." he said in a defeated tone. "Please," he added, not wanting to be impolite.
Mr. Koala (played anonymously)

Angel-Koala01.png
Walks up to the door with his pumpkin bucket, knocking on the bottom of the door dressed like an angel for halloween.

"TRICK OR TREAT!"

"Dinna be embarrassed, wee one. It's a time for spooky merryment and sweets. Only comes once per year, ye know." Agathe ruffles Kiro's head, probably a very unwelcome gesture, and places in his basket three of her enchanted candies and two whoopee pies.

"Enjoy, ye hear? An' come back if ye'd like more." The smell wafting from his basket is strong with chocolate and spice, vanilla and maple... Rather tasty smelling indeed.

"An' who is this wee lil angel? Precious little man, ye are." She kneels to talk to Mr. Koala, bringing the tray with her. "Take yer pick, li'l one!"
Kiro (played by Riik)

Kiro flinched when his hair was ruffled, but he didn't react in any other way. It was just more embarrassment for the boy who always tried his best to appear mature and adult. Perhaps a behaviour that was in some part fuelled by his height. "Th-thank you," he replied as the food was placed in his pumpkin.

As Kiro began to head off again, his stomach rumbled and he decided to find a nearby place to sit, intending to eat the pies. That being said, one look at the candies caused him to narrow his eyes at them. Something about them seemed... he couldn't quite place it. Maybe he was imagining things. A trickery of thought brought on by the fact that the candies were offered by someone with a fairly witch-like guise. Still... he was compelled to try one before the pies.

And so, that was what he did.
Mr. Koala (played anonymously)

As Mr. Koala looked up at Agathe as she kneeled down his eyes would look at the treats and his lips would go into a little 'o' shape as he looked at them. He would reach up setting his plastic pumpkin bucket down as he grunted and squeaked, pulling a treat into his bucket with a loud huff. He then took a deep breath. "Hello Ween making Mr. Koala really really tired." He said laughing as he walked up to Agathe and hugged her shin and then walked back to his bucket. He grabbed the strap on it and began to drag it one step at a time heading towards the exit. As he did he made it outside, setting a gummy spider free the last place had given him. He didn't feel right eating another creature, especially one that had magically been turned into gelatinous sugar, poor Mr. Spider.

Agathe watches Kiro with wide, curious eyes as he pops the candy into his mouth. The transformation for the little one is a lot faster than the others, and in just a few moments, he's turned into a hedgehog. Not a tiny hedgehog, no; a hedgehog in the same basic dimensions he was before.

"Oh! How precious!" She claps her hands, thrilled. "How cute ye are! I hope ye enjoy! It'll wear off soon." She reassures him, noting that his already flustered attitude might be made worse by this development. "About an hour or so." She gives him a hopeful smile, hoping he doesn't take it too badly...

"Oh, I bet ye are tired!" She can't help but laugh at his huffing and puffing and heaving, finding it quite humorous.

"Be safe now, ye hear?" She calls after him, noticing the little candy he sets down raise itself up onto eight legs and run off quickly into the night, fleeing gratefully.
Kiro (played by Riik)

Kiro blinked and stared at his... hands...? Front legs...? He opened his mouth to yell something out, but all that came out was a rasping sound as though someone was scraping a knife across a plank of wood. He fell onto his back at the sound of his voice - not helped by the fact this his body was no longer as well-designed for sitting normally - and found himself stuck on his back for a moment, squeaking in surprise.

After a bit of a struggle, Kiro managed to roll himself onto his legs, after which he made his way over to his pumpkin candy carrier and stared into it. Partly, he wondered if eating a second candy would fix things, but there was also a possibility it would make things worse. It was a relief to know that this would be a temporary affair, but still... an hour like this...? What was he to do? How would he carry his candy with him in his current state?

Perhaps it might be best to experiment some more with the candy after all in the hopes that the result would at least be a little more convenient. Though before Kiro did try anything, he gave a firm glance in Agathe's direction, hoping to gain some insight into whether it would even be a good idea to try another candy in his current state. He let out a few raspy hedgehog 'barks' in an attempt to convey a question on the subject.
Aluel Deng (played by Samiakki)

The night is bright, the moon is full, and how dearly Aluel wished she didn't wear kitten heels for this.

She should have known better, given it was Samhain; a night where the veil between the realm of the supernatural was thinnest and as such, she was the busiest. It was hard to placate ghosts and hunt for sweeties at the same time, but she made do. She made a promise, after all.

Thus, robed in her now-tattered vampiress' dress, she stepped down the road towards the cottage. She wasn't even interested in the candy for herself, having seen the trick-or-treaters coming and going from the place. She'd just wanted a place to rest. And perhaps figure out how to bandage the cut on her cheek. And warm her freezing legs. And stop her ankles from bending sideways, for the love of-

Her presentation to Agathe is unceremonious. She wants not for much, but she knows her slightly ragged appearance would cause some dismay. At least her weapon is not summoned to startle anyone; so its absence, for once, wouldn't bother her. She just needed to be in-and-out, grabbing a Band-Aid quickly on her way.

Do they have Band-Aids out here?

Whatever.

"Um, trick-or-treat!" She attempted the call with some mustered energy to be chipper. It is accompanied by a tired smile as she presents her treat pouch, of which resembled a purple bat.
aCxS5eT.png

"Ah, maybe not the best form, hm?" She grimaces. "Let me see, ah.." She looks through the candies. To the untrained eye, they are nearly identical, but some are more shiny or more iridescent than others, and this gives their true nature away.

"Ah! Here!" She holds a little one out to him, more blue than the normal green. "This should do better fer ye. Turns ye into a critter with better arms." She gives a very cryptic wink.

At that moment, Aluel makes her way up to the door and Agathe gives a gasp. "Oh my! Look at ye!" She notes the facial cut and general disheveled appearance.

"Come, come." Agathe stands and bustles past Kiro to lead Aluel right up to the door, practically spiriting her along. "Let me see ye. Ye fell?" She looks down at the shoes.

"Those willna do. Don't move." She says, all mother-hen and nothing else, and disappears into the darkness of the hut, only illumination coming from some great hearth in a distant room.

She returns like a tornado with a pair of small black flats, some witch hazel balm, and some bandages and cloths.

"Sit." She commands this girl she just met moments ago, and immediately sets to work on her face, dabbing the blood away, cleaning the cut, and applying a little balm for pain and a bandage. It should feel better.

Then the knees get the same treatment, albeit with more bandages than the face, and Agathe removes the girl's shoes herself and pops the flats on in their place.

"Well, try 'em. They're quite auld and outdated but I think they still match yer wee costume." Agathe is standing back, fists on her hips, scrutinizing her work. "Now ye look like ye got into a bit of a scuffle, maybe with a werewolf." She grins.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Agathe's Hut (Closed!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus