Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Agathe's Hut (Closed!)

Aluel Deng (played by Samiakki)

Before Aluel can even muster an appropriate response - at least, one that's more than sputtering - she is spirited away through the front door and promptly sat down.
75UZmWZ.png

"No, I'm fine- I'll fix it at- just a bandage is okay, I'll be- Yes, I fell sometimes, but-"

Maybe that was the worst thing to come out of her mouth. Especially given her shoes. After glancing to them, she looked up to Agathe and she's right in her face and she's putting a cold cloth to her cheek and-

Her breath hitches and is held as her cheek wound is cleaned and bandaged. When she moved to her knees, her hands grip onto the cloth of her skirt firmly. She watched the older woman set to work, not even getting so much as a name from her.

"Um. . . thank you. . ."

It doesn't sound like a question, as she's genuinely grateful. The last thing she'd want to seem like was that she wasn't. Bashful, she stared at the ground. Of which, now that she looked down to her petite feet, are adorned in worn black flats. They were. . . more comfortable than she initially thought they'd be. She stretched her toes inside the worn leather, trying to relax until she's interrogated. Nice.

"So. . ." She came to stand, stretched her fingers instead of her legs. They crack as she fidgeted with each knuckle. ". . . maybe I did."

Her gaze to Agathe isn't aggressive, but almost challenging. As if saying, 'What are you going to do about that?'

"Nights like these may be the most sacred, but they also aren't the most safe. Would you agree?"
RB6KbLS.png
Kiro (played by Riik)

Well at least his fears of the potential effects of mixing enchantments were dispelled now. Or at least, if anything was to happen, it wouldn't be that big a deal. The way Kiro was spoken to, it was as though the second enchantment would override the first, and that was fine by him. And thus, he accepted the new candy and quickly consumed it, bracing himself for whatever was to happen next.
Agathe (played by fig) Topic Starter

Satisfied with her work, Agathe nods and smiles. "Ye're most welcome. Try an' be more careful, alright? It's dark n' ominous out, ye wouldn't want to sprain or break somethin'." She holds out a hand bigger than Aluel's to help her up out of the chair.

"Aye, I do." She says, a bit knowingly, her eyes holding some gilded glint to them now, as though she were looking past something. "Best we tread lightly and be quite respectful, I think."

Ghosts didn't bother her, neither did spirits. Never one much in-tune with the dead, she could still feel them in the area, milling around, visiting. Harmless, truly. The most negative thing some of them can be is just simply lost and lonely.

"Ah, I nearly forgot, have a whoopee pie and a handful of candies, why don't ye?"

As for Kiro... the candy would turn him quite swiftly into an octopus as large and tall as his mortal form is. Lots of arms for carrying his bucket now!

"Ah! Much be'er, don' ye ken? Now ye can carry yer wee pail an' not be burdened." She smiles proudly, that scar on her face stretching a bit, as if this development is a particularly satisfactory one and a definite end to this venture. "I hope ye can still manage to get about! Octopi are quite good at movin', far as I'm aware..."
Kiro (played by Riik)

Kiro's tentacles flickered, then he flattened down in reaction to some kind of unreadable emotion. For a moment, he 'lay' there, then wiggled his tentacles experimentally. In an exasperated manner, he dragged himself over to his pumpkin.

Whilst it was true that the octopus form was more practical, it was also substantially more embarrassing for a multitude of reasons. Still, perhaps it was better to get out of here before anything worse happened to him? Kiro grabbed the handle of his pumpkin with two tentacles and dragged it along behind him as he slid his way along to-... he wasn't even sure. Perhaps some corner to hide away in until the effect wore off? He certainly couldn't go around trick-or-treating like this! Even with the anonymity offered by this form. Still, this encounter had certainly been interesting! And granted him somewhat of an insight into the life of an octopus.

Kiro did not offer any further farewell to Agathe. Not least because he couldn't even think of a way that he even could! Sure, he could wave a tentacle, but doing so in a manner obvious enough to be recognised would likely look far more cheerful than Kiro felt at the moment. Thus, he continued on his way to find a place to sulk and reflect upon his temporary cephalopod existence.

"Ah, I don't want you to worry. I am quite respectful."

Or so Aluel likes to think. It's hard to be respectful to somebody when they're also trying to drag you to the-

Candy! That's right! What a relief. Finally, she was getting what she came for. At that, she lets loose a sigh she didn't know she was holding in. Maybe she should try deep breathing exercises sometime. . .

Her eye flickered to the bowl of hard candies, then to the plate of whoopie pies. The latter were probably or definitely not safe for who she was trick-or-treating for. She's worried, but she doesn't know how to express this without coming off as rude or calling the foods 'unsafe.' Even her brows perhaps furrow a bit in concern as a finger lifted towards the hard candies.

"Are these sweeties peanut-free?" She glanced to Agathe to gauge her reaction to the question. "I'm sorry. I'm trick-or-treating for a nephew of my coworker. He's nine. Er, his nephew, I mean." That was an odd way to put it, but it escaped her lips before she could think. "He can't have anything that has been around peanuts. Um."

The whoopie pies come into her vision again, particularly the decadent chocolate ones. Even just the image of them starts to make her mouth water, so she swallows silently, trying to stave off her desire to shovel them into her face. Instead, she politely took one with a raised pinky, but doesn't take a bite quite yet.

"But thank you so much," she says first, "For everything, really. You're terribly kind."

Her gaze landed on Morrissey for a moment, curious as to what he's drawing. However, she doesn't get too invested as she turned back to Agathe, listening to her response.
ByO565h.png

"Ta-ta now!" She waves to the departing octopus, him not mirroring the gesture not lost upon her. She hopes he likes the whoopee pies...

"No nuts in anythin'." Agathe sees that look in her eye. She definitely likes chocolate. It makes her grin and that scarred section of her face warps.

"Ye might want to hold off on the hard candies, there, since he's so young..." A nine year old suddenly turning into a bat or a jackal might not be the best surprise, and might get Aluel into a mess of trouble.

"They're enchanted candies, transformation magic ye see. Unless that's somehow alright with his uncle, there, I think ye better just take five or six whoopee pies and call it even."

In truth, her store of whoopee pies was quite massive. She could probably supply them to her neighbors and other trick-or-treaters for days... They were just so fun to make.

"Ah, ye're welcome..." She flushes a bit. "Take some extra of the chocolate ones for yerself, I see ye eyein' em. I've probably got other mixed-chocolate ones. Vanilla-chocolate, Chocolate-peanut butter..."

Somehow. She knows. She just knows how much Aluel loves chocolate and peanut butter. She has a glint in her eye as she looks at her and offers it, knowingly and pleased to scratch that itch for her.

Aluel somehow resisted the urge to hiss through her teeth, what with the mention of transformation magic in the candies.

"Um, yes, that will be fine." She set aside her own whoopee pie to start amassing a few for wrapping up, keeping them safe for the journey. "Honestly, I think these will be his favorites. Just don't let any others I got sweeties from know I said that, okay?"

She already possesses a smirk at her own words. Just when the peanut butter pies are mentioned, there's an eager glint in her eye. Her expression turns blank in an attempt to seem nonchalant, her gaze averting. She knew what she wanted. Agathe likely did as well.

"I'll take three, if. . . that's okay. Some to save for later. Thank you."

She's already set to work on wrapping them in paper as well, to prevent cross-contamination.

And she was definitely going to eat them all in one sitting, don't you know it.

"And my name is Aluel, by the way. It's good to meet you."
ZwFDePs.png

Agathe gives another smile. "Pies it is then." She grins at Aluel's request for secrecy. "Cross me 'eart, none will know."

Agathe helps, wrapping up the different pies in wax paper and placing them into Aluel's carrying container, all stacked in a nice pile. She sneaks in some extra peanut butter ones in one big package that she makes herself, somehow managing to make a dozen peanut butter chocolate whoopee pies look like only a few.

Probably just a trick of the eye...

"Enjoy them." Agathe says. Suddenly at Aluel's words her face drops. "Och, I'm sorry! I never introduced meself or asked yer name.." She shakes her head, tutting at herself. "I am Agathe. That over there is Morrissey, my familiar."

(A wave from him and then a little snort of "'That'!" as he turns back around--)

"I hope ye have a lovely Sauin, Aluel. What a lovely name ye have." She pats her hand good-naturedly, oblivious to her dislike of physical touching, and her hand is warm and dry and callused, clearly from some kind of much-repeated, heavy work...

"Come back if ye ever need anything." She says, and it bears weight. Genuine.

Interesting. So she is a witch.

Aluel never knew many human mages. They were the kind to keep to themselves and disliked deals with the exorcists. They'd even fancied spending more time with the Priests' Guild than anything else. Exorcists were outcasts and never given respect, but nor did they ever ask for any.

She seemed respected enough by Agathe here, albeit she had no knowledge if she, too, worked against the belligerent ones of the supernatural.

Instead, she closes her bag and nods, a simple gesture. Her fingers trace the bandage attached to her cheek, but she makes no effort to fidget with it.

"Good Samhain to you," she replied in some amount of contentment. Her head is pat and she shrank a little, but she guessed it was to be expected, given her shortness. "Ah. . . I will keep this place in mind. It's a pleasure meeting you both."

It might be handy to let her allies know, but she wanted to give Agathe the benefit of anonymity and privacy. Thus, she picked up her own heels to tie to her belt. Her candy sacks are balanced and she turned, giving them both one last nod of friendly acknowledgment. She managed a bashful smile before she heads back into the night. . . and whatever other dangers await her.
ByO565h.png

She. . . should also give these shoes back eventually.

"'Ta, now, Aluel, and watch yerself. Can be a wicked night." Agathe feels a little pang of worry as she watches the little lady make her way into the darkness, disappearing even from her sharp view.

The wind blows and leaves gust in a swirl, tickling her ankles, filling her clothes briefly before moving along to harrass some children, she thinks. Morrissey has grown cold and he comes over to her, hands pink from exposure as well as the pointy tip of his nose and his high cheeks.

"Ah, look at ye, my little frozen pumpkin. Head in, love, I'll stay." He is just a-shivering, wiping his nose, and carries his brushes and paints and markers in along with him in one trip to avoid coming back out.

"Don't stay out too long, Miss Agathe, please... You don't want a chill." His plummy English tones call to her from the kitchen and she knows he is brewing himself something right hot to warm his hands and self with.

She smiles, sets her tray inside the door, and sits on her stool. Has she ever caught a chill, in her entire life? She can't remember...

Agathe watches the night, feels a bit like she's staking out a nest of undead or vampires. Her manner of dress keeps her rather well insulated, black gown with layers akin to muslin to warm her legs and a cape of the same material to tend to her arms.

So she sits in the crisp autumn night, with it's occasional smattering of rain, and waits.

The night has grown late, the winds the only one still out and bustling about. Swirling up any leaf that is dry enough, whispering to the trees who sway and whisper back. Running it's cold hands over every building, every blade of grass, every rough bit of bark. Everything tonight is swept in wind, wrapped in it, like special presents, and Agathe is no different.

Dozing lightly in her chair, still half-awake and perceptive but so sleepy after all of the socializing, she feels a warm hand come to rest on that dip between her neck and shoulder.

"Come inside, Miss Agathe, please. No more children are coming this evening. It's time for rest and bed, I've made you a mug of soup." Morrissey says, giving a squeeze. She rises on sleepy feet with a sleepier head and takes his arm. He leads her inside.

Morrissey leaves her in front of the fire wrapped in a big blanket with a mug of soup. He gathers up all of the food and puts it away, packs up anything outside that needs to be. Then the door is closed, and latched, the night effectively ended.

( THANK YOU to EVERYONE who came!! i had so much fun running this trick or treat thread and i hope you guys did too! thank you to kim and the RPR team for organizing such a fun event as well. happy halloween!!)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Agathe's Hut (Closed!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus