Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Delete me, already a function.

To my knowledge this is not a feature, but please do correct me if I'm wrong and this has already been added and I missed that update!

I would love a feature that kept the content of ALL your characters safe from people you have blocked. For instance-- I have had people steal profile bb code layouts for themselves. I've also had people I've blocked go through my characters to see who they are friends with to target those players. We really should be able to protect ourselves from this kind of behavior. You can already set your characters to 'view by logging in only' so it would just add another feature of protection.

Apparently already a feature, ignore this topic. It wasn't a feature the last time I needed it to be lol
fig

100% concur here.

from my POV i have people blocked here that i had negative encounters with as a child as well as other people that i feel are predatory and extremely unsavory. i would feel a lot more, i guess the proper word is, safe, if i knew they couldn't sit and at their will read through every single one of my character profiles whenever they please.

also: private profiles, unviewable by people without RPR accounts. so they can't view your profile even if they log out. that way they cannot circumvent the block by logging out.
Madam Topic Starter

fig wrote:
100% concur here.

from my POV i have people blocked here that i had negative encounters with as a child as well as other people that i feel are predatory and extremely unsavory. i would feel a lot more, i guess the proper word is, safe, if i knew they couldn't sit and at their will read through every single one of my character profiles whenever they please.

also: private profiles, unviewable by people without RPR accounts. so they can't view your profile even if they log out. that way they cannot circumvent the block by logging out.

Oh I 100% agree with private player profiles too. This is a wonderful idea. Or if you could set your profile to 'friends only' or 'log in only' like you can your characters.
This was done! People who you block can't see your profile info or your characters, and the best way to keep people from seeing them just by logging out is to mark the RPRs themselves as 'viewable to age group only'
I have little understanding on the subject so please correct if wrong but what stops them opening a new account then looking at the person who blocked them? Does the ban just ban the account or could it block any accounts from that IP address? (Which sounds like a coding nightmare but my IT skills are a potato)
Leighoflight wrote:
I have little understanding on the subject so please correct if wrong but what stops them opening a new account then looking at the person who blocked them? Does the ban just ban the account or could it block any accounts from that IP address? (Which sounds like a coding nightmare but my IT skills are a potato)

Nothing honestly. IP blocks usually happen for extreme cases, but I know having multiple accounts isn't allowed and sometimes it can be caught
Leighoflight wrote:

This issue is true on every website that already does this - Facebook, etc. The fix has always been that that is, by the default, against the rules and gives people a way to get support if someone is continuing to harass them. Even now, nothing is stopping someone from making a new account to bypass blocks aside from the fact that is against the rules for multiple reasons.
[oop misread thread]

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Delete me, already a function.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus