Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Hell Bar 18+ (Open)

It really wasn't much. Looked more like your classic biker dive bar on the edge of any city. Served many of the same drinks, had the usual couple of pool tables and dart boards off to the side.

The major difference

This bar was on the edge of Hell. It existed in a way that it could be entered both on earth, and in hell, though humans often avoided the place due to some of the people that frequented it.
Samuel William Winchester (played anonymously)

There was one man who was a regular, in a way. In Earth time, he was there weekly. But in Hell time, it was once every 10 years. In Hell, he was well known, for multiple reasons actually. But at the moment, it was mostly because he was Satan's bitch. He'd been trapped in the Cage with Lucifer. But, he'd made a deal. The Cage was made to hold Lucifer, not a human soul, so Sam was able to leave when Lucifer let him. The deal was, Sam could visit this bar once ever 10 years if he did what Lucifer wanted.

After awhile, it was worth it.

Today was Sam's visit. He always came in looking ragged, but today was worse that usual. He came in, and plopped in a booth as he usually did and waited for the waitstaff.
Leona, sitting at the counter, gave him a sideways glance as he walked in. She wasn't looking the best either, the bags under her eyes even darker than usual. She stared back at the drink in her hand and muttered somthing in some strange language.
The royal prince of Fharun swept into the room with a regal air, his countenance radiating of a haughtiness that suggested he was accustomed to being the center of attention. His nose was elevated as if he were sniffing the air for the scent of anything beneath his station. Normally, he would gravitate to the bar, seeking out unsuspecting adventurers to regale him with tales of their exploits, living vicariously through their experiences. However, his gaze was immediately drawn to a face that seemed vaguely familiar.

"Hmm?" he puffed, his expression transforming from one of smugness to one of surprise as he recognized the person before him. It was Raziel, or so he thought, the man who had left him feeling dejected for days after their last encounter. The prince stalked towards the diminutive figure, his eyes flashing with an almost comical anger.

"You have some nerve!" he spat out, his voice filled with holier-than-thouness. "Do you have any idea how devastated I was after our last meeting?" The prince paused, placing the back of his hand dramatically against his forehead. "I was so confused, I could hardly sleep!"

He held his pose for a moment, before his eyes drifted towards Samuel again. "Have you... Changed something?" he asked, his tone tinged with disdain. "You look... Different..." His eyes looked the other up and down briefly, he seemed taller, but taller simply wasn't insulting enough, "Perhaps... Fatter?"

Emmyth Yhetui wrote:
The royal prince of Fharun swept into the room with a regal air, his countenance radiating of a haughtiness that suggested he was accustomed to being the center of attention. His nose was elevated as if he were sniffing the air for the scent of anything beneath his station. Normally, he would gravitate to the bar, seeking out unsuspecting adventurers to regale him with tales of their exploits, living vicariously through their experiences. However, his gaze was immediately drawn to a face that seemed vaguely familiar.

"Hmm?" he puffed, his expression transforming from one of smugness to one of surprise as he recognized the person before him. It was Raziel, or so he thought, the man who had left him feeling dejected for days after their last encounter. The prince stalked towards the diminutive figure, his eyes flashing with an almost comical anger.

"You have some nerve!" he spat out, his voice filled with holier-than-thouness. "Do you have any idea how devastated I was after our last meeting?" The prince paused, placing the back of his hand dramatically against his forehead. "I was so confused, I could hardly sleep!"

He held his pose for a moment, before his eyes drifted towards Samuel again. "Have you... Changed something?" he asked, his tone tinged with disdain. "You look... Different..." His eyes looked the other up and down briefly, he seemed taller, but taller simply wasn't insulting enough, "Perhaps... Fatter?"

Sam's head popped up from whatever thought process he was in the moment this person came up and started...screaming at him, for lack of better terms. The hunter was absolutely confused, brows furrowed in physical showing of this.

"Uh....I don't-"

He tried to interject, but the person kept going. So Sam remained silent until they were finished.

"I...think you have me confused for someone else."

He said. His voice had a stronger air of confidence to it that Raziel didn't, and he didn't have Raziel's southern accent. Nor did this new man have freckles, and his hair was a few shades darker. And surprisingly enough, even after being insulted, the man held out a large hand.

"My name's Sam, and if it's any consultation, I bet whoever pissed you off feels bad about it."
Emmyth's face went blank as he scrutinized the man's face, his eyes and ears taking in the differences. He quickly looked the man up and down before squinting his eyes. Brothers, perhaps? Twins, certainly if that were the case. But the accents...? Estranged brothers! Lost at birth! Yes, that would make sense, he thought to himself.

Emmyth's expression eased as he leaned a bit into the bar, "So not fatter, then?" His eyebrows lifted a bit as his body turned slightly, and his eyes slid towards Leona for a moment, then returned to Sam. "Well, Sam..." he said, plopping his large leather book upon the bartop before hopping up on the stool he stood behind. "If he doesn't feel bad, he certainly should! I mean, I was simply minding my own business when suddenly he began to yell at me!" Emmyth lied as he lifted his hand, signaling the bartender that he wanted a drink as he continued to over-dramatize his tale. "He was incredibly rude and refused to share any information!"

Emmyth's hand lifted dramatically to his forehead, "If I hadn't been so strong, I might not have made it out alive." He paused for a moment, his eyes widening as if struck by an idea. "But wait, maybe he was just having a bad day," he said, his voice softening. "Maybe he didn't mean to be so rude. I should give him the benefit of the doubt."

Emmyth's gaze turned back to Sam, his expression serious. "But that doesn't excuse his behavior. He still owes me an apology!" As his drink arrived, Emmyth lifted the glass to his lips and took a sip before continuing, "I mean, it's just common courtesy, isn't it? To treat people with respect?"

The hunter smiled slightly as he listened to the person beside him rant on about his past troubles. Dimples showing on his cheeks as he did.

"Well, it wouldbehard to tell what sort of day he was having without asking."

He offered, glancing over with multicolored eyes as he took a drink of a beer that had been brought to him.

"But yeah, it's not cool to be rude."

Sam's eyes then fell upon the book Emmyth had placed on the counter. There was a well hidden look of longing in his eyes. Sam had always been the book nerd of his little family, but since he'd been stuck with Lucifer, he hadn't seen one until now.

"What sort of book is that?"
Emmyth's eyebrows furrowed as he huffed, "It certainly is not." He took up his drink, sipping it thoughtfully as Raziel's estranged twin brother mentioned his book. "This?" Emmyth tapped the top of the book lightly before sliding it over towards the other man. "Well..." He fluffed his hair a bit, "This is a work of great fiction. It tells many of the finest tales known to all living beings, and there's only one in all of existence. Mine." Emmyth patted it gently as he leaned in towards Sam, his eyes glinting with enthusiasm. "Most people think it's just a collection of rare stories from beyond the mortal realm, however. This book contains secrets lost to time. The information held within its pages speaks of many lost treasures, and I plan to find them all."

Emmyth took another sip of his drink, his eyes wandering over to the book. "I've been searching for years for these treasures, you know. But I won't stop until I've found them all. Some say it's just a myth, but I know it's real. The clues are all there, hidden within the pages of my book. And I won't rest until I've uncovered every last one of them." He leaned back on his stool, his gaze intense as he looked back to Sam. "Do you believe in the power of ancient secrets, Sam? The kind of knowledge that can change the course of history?"
prog knife. (played by Sohrryu)

Asuka creaked open the door to the establishment, her single blue eye peering in and surveying the area. A handful of people, and they looked normal enough. She fully opens the door and enters, her expression showing that she was deep in thought about something. That being the dilemma of a flashy entrance or trying to just play it cool. The choice between hot and loud or quiet and nerdy... maybe somewhere in between, but that was too complex for her-- The redhead pulls down the hood of a black crop-top hoodie that she'd worn over her plugsuit, before finding a seat on a barstool, and pulling out her phone.

Emmyth Yhetui wrote:
Emmyth's eyebrows furrowed as he huffed, "It certainly is not." He took up his drink, sipping it thoughtfully as Raziel's estranged twin brother mentioned his book. "This?" Emmyth tapped the top of the book lightly before sliding it over towards the other man. "Well..." He fluffed his hair a bit, "This is a work of great fiction. It tells many of the finest tales known to all living beings, and there's only one in all of existence. Mine." Emmyth patted it gently as he leaned in towards Sam, his eyes glinting with enthusiasm. "Most people think it's just a collection of rare stories from beyond the mortal realm, however. This book contains secrets lost to time. The information held within its pages speaks of many lost treasures, and I plan to find them all."

Emmyth took another sip of his drink, his eyes wandering over to the book. "I've been searching for years for these treasures, you know. But I won't stop until I've found them all. Some say it's just a myth, but I know it's real. The clues are all there, hidden within the pages of my book. And I won't rest until I've uncovered every last one of them." He leaned back on his stool, his gaze intense as he looked back to Sam. "Do you believe in the power of ancient secrets, Sam? The kind of knowledge that can change the course of history?"

Sam's eyes seemed to sparkled in wonderment at the description of the book. He wondered if he would be allowed to read it, if he asked. But the thought was quickly pushed out of his mind. Such a rare thing isnt easily shared, and Sam didnt have the time to delve into it as it was. The hunter smiled slightly, taking another drink as he listened to the rest of what Emmyth had to say.

"Sounds like it's sent ya on a few adventures already."

He commented, just before the question. He fell silent for a moment, lost in thought. He hated the answer, though the one he spoke wasn't near what went through his mind.

"I mean, sure...seen some pretty crazy things."
Aidan Phoenix (played anonymously)

The door suddenly opened and in came Aidan. At first glance, an unassuming young man with the smell of smoke and ash upon him. This may give the false impression he was a chain smoker, but this was wrong. An illusion to cover up who the man really was. His blue/grey eyes searched the room and noted every individual within. He did not bother sensing their past sins for there was no need to punish the guilty in this place.

Slowly the man stepped further inside, walked past Sam and Emmyth. Then when he came to Asuka, he stopped all of a sudden. His head swiveled as he gazed down upon her but it never lingered. He nodded once in greeting. He moved on as smoothly as he came before sitting down at a lonely table to watch and observe. To listen.

Cigarettes... the people she was put in the care of sure loved those, so she'd recognized the smell instantly. It made her turn her nose up for a moment. Hypocritically, considering that filling her lungs had become a vice of her own after all these years. She glances up to the source of the scent, and quirked a brow. It read as shock rather than curiosity, on account of her left socket being covered by an eyepatch, as well as the brow above it. "So, what's your deal?" She piped up. "I guess I can't blame you for sitting alone, but ya don't have to! Bars are for making friends, after all~" She'd never been to a bar in her eighteen long years of existence--

"Hn." Aidan grunted, then he got back up before he walked over to the table Asuka sat at before he sat down again across from her at the same table. For a moment, he said nothing. Just eyed her a little, perhaps wondering what her name was. "Aidan." He finally said. He was obviously not used to this sort of thing. He was gruff, uncivilized and looked like he had not shaved in a week.

Oh-- He looked like shit. But she probably shouldn't say that-- Especially considering how messy her hair was at the moment. She extends a hand to shake, bearing a toothy smirk. "Asuka Langley Sohryu~ Charmed, I'm sure~" And there it was, her usual self-centered introduction. Very good first impression, not overbearing at all-

Those blue/grey eyes moved to follow that small delicate hand. He took it, giving two firm shakes before he let go. His own hand felt very warm and cozy, unusually so. "Charmed. Sure." He said as he looked into her eyes. It almost seemed as if he could read her soul like an open book. "Buy you a drink?" He asked.

She wasn't surprised by the strength, or the warmth. Aidan certainly had that vibe to him. It did feel quite nice, though. It takes Asuka a moment to come back to earth and move her hand away, so she just... awkwardly and loosely holds his for a bit. "Oh, I uh-- I'unno what I'd get. A daquiri could be good... strawberry..." She's seen those in movies, but they weren't really a possibility for her. Living in a place without much in the way of good food sucked, best thing she had was some ramen from a shop near her apartment once or twice.
Emmyth's eyes widened as he noticed Sam's willingness to converse, unlike his counterpart, and he pressed on. "Reeaally?" he said, his elbow propped up on the bar as he rested his cheek in his palm. "Do tell, Sam. What crazy things have you seen? Perhaps if you share your stories, I'll tell you a tale of my own."

Emmyth's gaze flicked briefly to the pair who had taken a seat at the nearby table and were now engrossed in conversation. He quickly returned his attention to Sam, his features squishing into an expectant smile. He was always eager to hear about the strange and unusual, and he was certain that Sam had some tales to share.

Sam almost seemed shocked that someone even asked to hear his story. He was so used to being a back thought. A 'Supporting Character' so to speak. So for anyone to show interest was unusual to him.

"I..uh...well."

He chuckled slightly.

"Sorry, I'm not used to people asking. Uh..well...there's a lot."

He fell silent for a second.

"Not sure where to start."

prog knife. wrote:
She wasn't surprised by the strength, or the warmth. Aidan certainly had that vibe to him. It did feel quite nice, though. It takes Asuka a moment to come back to earth and move her hand away, so she just... awkwardly and loosely holds his for a bit. "Oh, I uh-- I'unno what I'd get. A daquiri could be good... strawberry..." She's seen those in movies, but they weren't really a possibility for her. Living in a place without much in the way of good food sucked, best thing she had was some ramen from a shop near her apartment once or twice.

When Asuka held his hand for bit after her tried letting go after the handshake, it surprised him. But he let her do it as he orders a strawberry Daquiri for two. As they waited for the drinks, his eyes never left hers. After a a small pause, he finally spoke, "I'm not much of a conversationalist." He said, admitting to a weakness but also just being honest about it.
Emmyth lifted his drink to his lips savoreing the taste for a moment before placing it back onto the bar, his lips curving upwards into a playful smile as he regarded Sam. "You might have a different name, but you and the man I spoke of earlier have a lot in common when it comes to speechlessness." he quipped with a teasing tone.

Leaning forward ever so slightly, Emmyth's bright green eyes sparkled with curiosity as he tapped a finger against his chin thoughtfully. "Every story has a beginning, does it not? What is the beginning of the story of Sam? How did he come find himself in this dimly lit bar, conversing with a prince from a distant realm?"

As he awaited Sam's response, Emmyth couldn't help but notice the patterns on the man's clothing. "Plaid. Really?" His tone and expression becoming flat, "It's not the most flattering of patterns on you." he mused, reaching out to pinch the fabric. "Tell me, how did Sam come to choose such... Dreary patterns?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Hell Bar 18+ (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus