Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » New year, New prompts!

Sloane (played anonymously)

_Skylark_ wrote:

2. portion - is your character a big eater? Can they cook? What foods, if any, do they prefer, and do they have any dietary specifications?

Sloane isn’t a particularly big eater and she doesn’t have any dietary restrictions. Cooking isn’t her strong suit and she burns damn near everything, water included. You’re likely to find her ordering takeout, because her cupboards are usually bare aside from a few packs of ramen noodles. She isn’t a picky eater, anything will do.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2.
"Oh joy! My turn! I wanna play!"

5. clean - what's your character's stance on personal hygiene and general cleanliness, for themselves and others?

"It's very important. I cannot entirely stand people who don't take care of their hygiene. Honestly, if you're going around smelling funky and doing nothing about it, I think you should be beat. Because I watched a vid...of a RAT, taking a shower, with soap. If a rodent can take a shower with soap, there is no excuse to be going around smelling funky. None! Nada! Zilch! And with hygiene products using natural ingredients, with some being catered to users with sensitive skin, I will die before I believe any excuse for poor hygiene. And as for general cleanliness, I am also very strict. I don't wanna end up like the people you see on those reality shows about hoarding and I refuse to stoop to that point! Now I rest my case and hold my peace. Say what you will, but I've chosen my hill to die on."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 5.
Squeak (played by PK-Lucas)

Squeak nearly hits his head on the top of the forum post because he looked up too quickly without realizing his surroundings.

EDIT:
Quote:
6. comment - how hard is it for your character to hold their tongue when they see something they don't agree with? How about if they're insulted or goaded?

Squeak frowned, his ears drooping. "Clover says I have a big mouth, so yeah...It's very hard to hold my tongue if I'm insulted or disagree with something. I try not to be rude about it though! Unless it's one of those nasty scientists, to I say--" Squeak blew a raspberry, *pbffbfhtt* "There! I said it!"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.
Gigi Glamour (played anonymously)

20. license - is your character a part of any exclusive clubs or groups? If this isn't applicable, what's their main mode of transport - can they drive (or the equivalent)?

🤖

Oh definitely- to both questions. When Gigi was alive she was definitely a club hopper, and I'm sure she had memberships to those hoity-toity golf clubs. She was (and still is) someone who sought status and popularity. If something was exclusive then she wanted to be a part of it, because she thought she deserved as much.

Now, as a robot? Well she's part of a VIP Club that... only she is in. This is mostly a joke, but I wouldn't put it past her to make a fan club for herself. Different world, different times. She's not at all popular like she was when she was still an organic, but she tries to hang onto anything that reminds her of the "good old days". Even if that means she's the only person involved in something. Yeah. It's kinda sad.

As far as licensing, in terms of transport; Gigi typically uses teleporters, or a built-in jetpack- the former does require a "license" to use. She does have a pretty pink, flying, space convertible, but it's mostly a novelty thing for her. She doesn't typically like to drive, and would much rather prefer someone drive her around instead. It makes her feel special. 😂
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 20.

Note: ✨

Dominick (played anonymously)

"Let's see what Zhan Tiri has in store for me..."
11 wrote:
11. hit - is your character a lover or a fighter? That is, do they defuse a situation with words, or jump right into a brawl?

"I'm a lover, not a fighter." He said simply, "I will fight if I have to, but I will try the nice route first."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11.
Hmmm.
Edited: 7. room - what is your character's living space like? What are the things and conditions that they need for a place to feel like home?

"Um ..... Clean and organized I guess.
.... Well I like to have all my book close by, so I usually leave them on my dresser by my bed, or on the coffee table.
I like to have my music playing in the place when I'm here. And, ... I try to make sure I have the hot coco machine set to make my drink so the place smells nice".
He crosses his arms, "I guess that's it really".
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7.
ALRIGHT HIT IT-

EDIT: Oooooo, nice one! Can ramble about this a bit too, for sure.
Quote:
7. room - what is your character's living space like? What are the things and conditions that they need for a place to feel like home?
So from a very young age, Zero was used to.. more than minimal living spaces. Growing up in the Lab of his father, his 'room' was a reinforced 5 by 7 meter cell made out of dark steel blue plating, with a gray top and bottom and a large armored window on one broad end, where he spend most of his time if he wasn't being tested on in more specialized chambers. As you can imagine, this messed him up big time without him realizing it, but it also set his bar pretty low for what he considers a comfy space.

Zero traveled around a lot and also spent a couple of years in Skylax HQ, which is a far more mentally stimulating enviroment, as it's the enormous wreckage of a cargo ship turned into a rebel hideout. He still lives on a ship at the moment, but instead of a wreckage it's an actual semi-capable space vessel, where he shares a room with Randle and gets to decorate his space all he wants. Since his vision is wack because of his albinism - and, y'know, 'cause he's a cheerful kiddo - Zero loves a lot of color in his space, and it shows in the bean bag that usually nestles on, the posters on the walls and even the clothing he decides to chill around in. Dark and monotonous rooms can trigger a bit of an anxiety response in him, since it reminds him of the punishment he used to endure at the Lab (sensory deprevation to stimulate his magickal abilities to come out), so he quite literally can't go without his nightlamp during sleeping hours, and has to have something in his line of vision that breaks with the dominant color he's seeing (like a poster, plant, little toy robot, etc.). Luxury is not his priority, but variety certainly is.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7.
Sapphire (played by SillySpider)

"Lets see."

Edit:
9. dive - how likely is your character to try a new thing, or throw themselves into a new situation? What about into the face of danger?

"Only if the situation deemed it necessary, if not. Then I'd stick to my guts and what I know best for the situation. If I can use a familiar tactic then I'll use that.
But, if I have to try something new, I wont hesitate if it means life or death".
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.
10. grow - what was your chara like as a child? How different is your character's life now, compared to what they thought it would be/wanted it to be? How do they feel about this?

A fond smile graced her now-flushing cheeks, "I've changed quite a lot, at least I think so. I'm still shy Max Caulfield, but I do feel like I've grown somewhat of a backbone, especially being around Chloe as much as I have... Speaking of her..."
Her blush seemed to grow brighter on her pale skin, "When we were little and got fake-married I didn't actually expect I'd be dating her later on in life..." A chuckle, "Wowser, my life has changed a lot, huh? My photography is going great as well, it really has boosted my confidence but I do like my 'dorky' style. I've no intention of changing that, not even if the Chase Space accepts my application."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 10.
Gigi Glamour (played anonymously)

9.) Dive - how likely is your character to try a new thing, or throw themselves into a new situation? What about into the face of danger?

🤖

When it comes to trying new things, Gigi is terribly boring. Unless we're talking material things. She likes new objects- fashion, makeup, anything cosmetic she will happily try if it suits her tastes. But otherwise, she likes the security in having things remain unchanged. And I think that is completely reasonable, considering her entire life was completely altered before she got shot up into space. She does tend to bore easily though. She may enjoy the security in method, but sometimes she craves chaos. She isn't very likely to throw herself into danger willingly, but she will jump in if she has a good reason or if there are others hopping in- because god forbid they have fun without her.

So in short: she generally tries to avoid new things that could jeopardize her self image, but will jump into something guns ablazing if others are there with her. She pretends she is uninterested in new things until the FOMO hits.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.

Note: 🚀

Solomon Taylor (played by _Skylark_) Topic Starter

((My brain is still like "AAAA" but I'm getting there. It's been a while since I've done a forum game post... Let's see what the dice says 🥲 will edit later))

HI I BARELY USE SOL ANYMORE BUT I'M RETCONNING HIM I SWEAR 🥲🥲

I seem to keep getting the same number lmao. But, this one's pretty obvious. My guy will fight you so much as look at you - if there's any perceived slight, he's immediately on the defensive and you will know it. He's the sort to verbally rip into you, use anything he knows to get your back up, and then dip into cold politeness when you get angry and fight back. His M.O in every argument is to make the other person feel like an idiot. I've been watching a lot of Pathologic playthroughs lately and the Bachelor kind of reminds me of him lol. For example: “I don't believe you. And I don't like you. Actually, that's too mild a statement. I feel an innate resentment toward you.”

You'd think, with Sol generally always being in pain and knackered, he'd err away from physical fights - but you'd be wrong. He's like a pitbull once he gets an idea in his head, and he will fight dirty. He's got surprising power behind him when fuelled by adrenaline and pure rage; he's often armed just due to pure paranoia (he knows his way around a knife, not just from cooking) and will genuinely be an absolute juggernaut until you wear him down. This man has a whole lot of stamina and not a lot of self-preservation when he's angry.

It is a sort of mental "little dog syndrome". If he doesn't think he's the alpha in the room, his insecurity will absolutely lead him to start an argument just so he can feel superior. And if that doesn't work? Yeah, he'll probably just blank you.

I love my guy but my god he's an arse 🥲 I like to think in school he tried to join the debate club but got banned for getting riled and starting a fight every bloody time LMAO
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11.

Note: 🦖

5. clean - what's your character's stance on personal hygiene and general cleanliness, for themselves and others?

For their time, the imperials took the matter of hygiene and cleanliness seriously, a great degree of architectural consideration and planning went into this when they made cities or forts. The study of medicine, alchemy and a general culture around cleanliness flourished after the infamous plague of the Valradic republic in the third era. Imperial cities often have the luxury of well constructed aquifers bringing plentiful water to them and even rural settlements will have a bathing merchant whom essentially heats up large earthenware "hot-tubs" for the people to bathe in. Even the lowliest peasant will swab with a washcloth at the end of the day. They are also somewhat aware of the "cause and effect" of disease thanks to the work of their alchemists, imperial "soap" made of wood ash and animal tallow is relatively commonplace and is often scented.

Marcus pays particular mind to it, given that filth and naturally disease can be the bane of an army on the march. Marcus prefers to start his day with a swim, soak or plunge. A wash before and after the serving of food is all but ritual and this is done with a solution of medicinal herbs soaked in strong spirits. Marcus has his own court barber for grooming needs. In Cornaeth, alchemists and sanctuaries converge to provide initiatives for sanitation, this can be as simple as repairing aquifers or drainage systems or more complex endeavors to combat the spread of plagues and limit the spread of diseases. Finally, though an expensive venture, Marcus has invested in creating a network of imperial baths that draw from volcanic hotspring, essentially a very complicated aquifer bringing hot water from far off in the mountains to a network of pools and tunnels within and around his fortress.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 5.
6. comment - how hard is it for your character to hold their tongue when they see something they don't agree with? How about if they're insulted or goaded?

Harrison? Holding his tongue when he sees something that he doesn't agree with? Easy enough, but that might not stop the low-voiced barb from escaping his lips. When it comes to being directly insulted or goaded, however, the man has absolutely no self-control and falls for the bait every single time.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.
Jack Wright (played by _Skylark_) Topic Starter

((it's another new year! As the only one of my main characters I haven't used yet for this, I'll use Jack this time! I'm really enjoying writing him recently))

3. scatter - is your character organised, mentally and physically? How often do they forget things, or lose things?

What a question to get for poor Jack. He's known for putting things down and immediately losing them - for asking where his phone is while he's talking on it and where the keys are while he's locking the door. His constant anxiety and the distraction of a thousand other emotions coming at him means that there's not much room for "I need to buy milk today".

He's known for leaving clutter in his wake, though he's not a pig. He'll keep his place clean, but you can bet he's got a Clothing Pile of Shame in the corner of the bedroom and has to clear his space of sewing stuff before sitting down anywhere. Since he's lived in many shared houses, he has learnt to keep shared spaces nice - but in his first few years of living alone, the poor guy was commonly overwhelmed by the fact that he just washed the pots yesterday and he has to do them again. He's also not the best with cooking, as he'll often get distracted or panicked by something else and leave his food to burn.

Of course, organisation also means other things: for Jack, a big one is planning. He likes to know exactly what time things are happening, and doesn't like it when plans change last minute; he can go with the flow, sure, but if you say "we're going out to get pizza and watch a movie" and the next minute you're heading to the shops, he'll be incredibly stressed and trying to figure out what changed. If you don't tell him all the details of something, he will chase you up again and again about it until it drives you mad.

I can't say that things have gotten better since he's moved in with Sab, but they've certainly become more normalised. Jack is often the one having to remind his housemate why they walked into another room, or what they were just in the middle of saying; appearing to not be listening isn't taken as an offence by either of them nowadays, only because they both zone out much. Really, it's a wonder that the apartment is ever clean at all, but Jack finds it easier to pull more weight when someone else's happiness depends on it too - not that he doesn't get bitter about it.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3.
Yuki (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Got the technology prompt :)
Well, Yuki is a pretty big fan of technology. They play, like, way too many video games, they have more online friends than offline, and they do a lot of research on the internet too. They aren't overly knowledgeable about tech, though; they probably aren't the one to ask about troubleshooting or anything. They know all the basics and don't care to learn much more.
The technology in their world is pretty much the same as IRL; Yuki originates from Earth, although they get isekai'd constantly and so may end up in places with more or less advanced technology than the usual stuff they find at home.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 13.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » New year, New prompts!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus