Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Bookmarks!

Can we possibly get the ability to bookmark profiles or forum posts?

I like to browse through profiles and forum posts in my free time. However, I currently have too many rps to be starting any new ones.

It would be cool to be able to bookmark profiles or forum posts to be able to come back to them later when I have more free time for them.
Luscinioide

i suggested this yeaaaars ago and got told there wasn't a point because browser bookmarks exist 🤷‍♀️

which...if most people are like me and have 700 million unsorted bookmarks in their browser, using those is a slightly less convenient solution than one might think
Kim Site Admin

Yeah, I fear I must say again, this feature already exists in every browser out there, so I'm probably not going to put any resources into duplicating it.
What I do is make a folder on my browser (currently Edge) titled 'RP Repository' and have two sub-folders in it titled 'Users/Characters' and 'Roleplay Threads' where I simply bookmark (with names) favorite users/characters and threads. Everything RPR is in one place and easily accessible. :)
Kim Site Admin

Dawnia wrote:
What I do is make a folder on my browser (currently Edge) titled 'RP Repository' and have two sub-folders in it titled 'Users/Characters' and 'Roleplay Threads' where I simply bookmark (with names) favorite users/characters and threads. Everything RPR is in one place and easily accessible. :)

This is the way :)
Kim wrote:
This is the way :)

Ohhh Yes! A new season of The Mandalorian starts in March!
is there also a 'subscribe' feature for threads? i know there is when you comment, and i think there also is just the option you can select to follow / have notifications for activity?

i guess that'd only work for actively updating stuff, but it's a good on-site supplemental alongside keeping bookmarks in ur browser :)
oven wrote:
is there also a 'subscribe' feature for threads? i know there is when you comment, and i think there also is just the option you can select to follow / have notifications for activity?

i guess that'd only work for actively updating stuff, but it's a good on-site supplemental alongside keeping bookmarks in ur browser :)

There is a 'Subscribe' button between the 'Reply' and the 'Launch Chat' buttons at the bottom of a thread. I'm on a computer so not sure about a mobile device.
Kim Site Admin

Dawnia wrote:
oven wrote:
is there also a 'subscribe' feature for threads?

There is a 'Subscribe' button between the 'Reply' and the 'Launch Chat' buttons at the bottom of a thread. I'm on a computer so not sure about a mobile device.

Yes, the subscribe button is at the top and bottom of every topic on both desktop and mobile :)

You can also access a list of all of your subscribed topics from the homepage (choose the pencil icon next to the "Subscribed topics" filter), or here's the direct link: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forums/subscriptions which is SORT of like bookmarking

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Bookmarks!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus