Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Stuff to research at a library?

It's been a while since I've learned something new, except for courses I took for my online business. I'm thinking about going to a library with a notebook, gathering a few books, and just learning something new, taking notes, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on what topics I can research? I already got some ideas, such as dinosaur stuff, because my partner loves dinosaurs. I also wanted to get interested in horse riding as a sport, it's disciplines and such. But I am still thinking about other cool topics that might be interesting to learn about...

Any ideas? Just a note, as far as I don't really have particular "triggers", I don't want to get into dark or depressing topics, such as war, politics, and such. Mainly because I want to relax while studying, not to question humanity. I had time for such stuff while going to school. ^^; I'm interested in some cool stuff that may be useful, or just fun to know and learn about. :)
Well, me personally, I love researching the victorian era! The 1800s. :)
Why not look for books about that time period?
I don't know anyone that actually learns that way.. good on you!

I recently learned about something called Aquaponics! Farming with fish! I was - thoroughly - a city kid, so it's completely new to me, but our local community garden is installing tanks for it, and it's super exciting!
I am an avid researcher and google addict. For what to research well, that is really up to you its a general path one has to take. if you have a subject your into but don't know where to start I don't mind looking into it for yah. I've been really into Ancient history and the idea of our "timeline" as we understand things are all messed up and how that relates to extinction events. I will leave a few little rabbit holes. And Ffi most of the modern libraries you can access online.

YouTube has an amazing amount of shows on history etc:

for those who like nitty-gritty Victorian and royal history, I suggest: https://www.youtube.com/@AbsoluteHistory

This website has been around for a long time, it allows you to read free sacred texts it almost covers, folklore, mythos, and misc books of the occult as well of all scored texts most of which are rare and hard to time. this is where I read the original The Malleus Maleficarum. https://www.sacred-texts.com/

there is also libby that can use your library card to access all kinds of goodies from your local library. Here is the jump page to get started in that libby/url]
(there are "better" websites but I was not sure of their legality)

so those are the bunny holes I leave if any one has questions about how to find info stuff on any kind feel free to ask if I have time I will gladly to get you into the right place. (NO really I really love to research...)
DumboOctopus wrote:
It's been a while since I've learned something new, except for courses I took for my online business. I'm thinking about going to a library with a notebook, gathering a few books, and just learning something new, taking notes, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on what topics I can research? I already got some ideas, such as dinosaur stuff, because my partner loves dinosaurs. I also wanted to get interested in horse riding as a sport, it's disciplines and such. But I am still thinking about other cool topics that might be interesting to learn about...

there two riding styles I know about for riding as a sport and that is Western and English.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Stuff to research at a library?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus