Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Epic Week 2023 Chat

But yeah, the idea that they could be reasoned with amplifies the sentiment. XD
I feel like I could make a full argument that we're definitely the bad guys this year, even.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I was listening to a lot of stuff about the extreme precautions - and sometimes reversal methods - the Galapagos islands have had to implement against invasive species being brought in, because of issues they've had with goats and lizards and the like just eating everything and endangering/wiping out many many other species only found on those islands
Mostly revolving around the usage of walruses for war. >.>

Yes, that part has to be *highly* fictionalized XD
Oof. Yeah, awareness of how damaging invasive species can be is the main reason I haven't been whining a lot more about the lizards. ^^;
Whoops, looks like an effort was being made on https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek/monster/5937

I tried to really underscore that the problem isn't that they are lizards, it is that they are *invasive* -- and then the magic of the isle interacted with them and kicked the whole problem up a notch in terms of adventuring excitement and into the stratosphere for moral questions we really have to not think about too much for a plot that can be resolved in one week XD

When my partner heard the outline for the plot I was working on this year his first response was, "What if there was an alternate ending where you use diplomacy??" and I was like YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL THE WHOLE EW PREP TEAM XD
Haha, it's true they really were just big gulp-a-whole-person lizards before. Plus an evolution this sudden can't be too good. They're so fight-ing-y!
You know people would be on board with a diplomacy option. :D
But hey, we've had at least one adventure already focused around dealing with the repercussions of our own actions.

They would, but they would also complain terribly if I removed the whole combat mechanic. People LOVE it. Maybe one day I will figure out how to stick that landing!

Next year for EW it's just model UN where we all debate treaties intensely between the Struth and the Lizardpeople XD
Would a Persona-style, free the darkness inside their heart! Plotline be too cheesy? Lol XD

Unlock their heart! 🗝️ 🔒 😇 👩‍🍳🖌️🎨 X

If anyone can say anything about Epic Week, it is that I have never, ever shied away from cheesy, and instead often ask for extra cheese and then make a cheese cocoon XD
Rescuing a living people from captors (like the first bossed ended up becoming); something Undertale-style somehow with an option to fight or spare; uh... brain go flop.

Oh lordt just like a 24 hour vote that opens up for the site to decide

BOSS BATTLE: DEMOCRACY EDITION
XD

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Epic Week 2023 Chat

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus