Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Page Style

What do you consider an engaging character profile to look at (preferably without Epic)?
I'd love to hear from some people on what they find interesting so I could try and implement it in my own profiles, still like image placement, columns, etc.
Something you can physically read is already the greatest one can do while making a profile.
Which, to our surprise, is something a lot of people sacrifice for the sake of ~style~.
The most important thing to me is that the profile is mobile friendly XD
I rather like profiles that are short and sweet in text, and perhaps broken up with a few images that actually gives me information about the character.

Text - I'd like to use everything that's there for the RP (e.g. 'Character HATES liars' - I'll make it a point to lie to them) - give me a sense of what interacting with the character will be like, because I pursue RPs based on possible DYNAMICS. Give me a sense of the character arcs and themes that'll be prevalent.
So a novel of their backstory doesn't actually help me in anyway, if not convolute what I can and cannot use (I love those stories though, so perhaps a different page, or under collapse tags - I do that sometimes for a few of my characters)

Media - I'd like images and other media (e.g. embedded youtube vids) to tell me something too - aesthetic, visual references, accessories, etc. Not just a million pictures of the character

ART though is different - like if you commissioned or did a ton of art for this character, I want to inject them all directly into my veins, show me everything, because we like to celebrate all that.
I really like informative simple styles. Flattish backgrounds with text so its easy to read. Basic information on the character, and at least ONE image of the character really helps me want to engage more. Snippets of their personality too helps, like checking out their recent activities to see how a character engages always gives me an idea if I want to engage further in their profile (if they have more tabs).
I also really like profiles that keep their tabs simple and clear. The ones that do, sentences for tabs is kinda hard to follow if your looking for information or need it. I tend to forget which tab its in if the tab isn't named to its relative information. :/

The style I use currently to format all my character so far has gained me allot of people. I'll give you an example.
Keeping the main information on the starter page they land on, and then extra stuff in the next tab over.

Example

9247d2e4bb171cb7d6c34ff3a0cbf8bf.png b200345b7f307e50e564128350784a3e.png

Hope that helps some, to be fair do what you think helps inform people the most about your character but simply, without wording it in huge walls of text I know I've had burnout trying to read through a characters page when all their info is just wall after wall, but that's just not for me so maybe it works for someone else.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Page Style

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus