Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Formatting buttons colour in group forums (FIXED)

For Group forum colour schemes in Appearance
'Text Color' sets the colour of both text in the forum and the color of the formatting buttons
But we can't change the colour of the text box itself, when we respond
So, when setting a dark background, light text - the formatting buttons are always too light against the text box white background

bar.png

Can we either - set the colour of the formatting bar, or be able to set the text colour of the formatting buttons separately from the text on the page?

Hope this makes sense?
Hmm.... In my group, I can change the button text color to make it different from the text color.
There is individual settings for button color, button text color, bar color, and text color. It does take a bit of experimentation with the color palettes and 'save and check' to see how it looks, but it can be different. Hope that makes sense?
silentruth Topic Starter

Dawnia wrote:
Hmm.... In my group, I can change the button text color to make it different from the text color.
There is individual settings for button color, button text color, bar color, and text color. It does take a bit of experimentation with the color palettes and 'save and check' to see how it looks, but it can be different. Hope that makes sense?

Yeah, I have played around with it quite a bit to find that Text Color = both the text on the page, and the text in the formatting bar
text-color-group.png

The closest thing I've figured is to make the text color something between the dark background, and the formatting bar's white background. which is still harsh on the eyes, and not quite dark mode.
text-color.png

Think what I'm hoping for is the text color (in white) and format text color (in dark), as it is on the main site on dark mode:
text-color-main.png

The other two you suggested:
Button Text (white text in buttons)
button-text.png
Bar Color (the lilac)
bar-color.png

If you know which one specifically lets me set them separately, please let me know =)
Kim Site Admin

Oh dear, I see the issue.

You may also want to submit a bug report so that you can obtain an accolade when I manage to fix this. :)
silentruth Topic Starter

Yes ma'am :3

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Formatting buttons colour in group forums (FIXED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus