Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Confirmation for sending friend requests? (ADDED)

I can't count how many times I've gone to a person's profile to see what genres they like, their rules, etc, only to accidentally click the Friend button and have to go to my friends list and cancel the request!

While I'd absolutely love to be friends with anyone if they wanted to be, I don't want to accidentally be sending friend requests out of the blue without even getting the chance to ask them for an RP!

Maybe a "Are you sure you want to send a friend request? | [Yes] [No]" feature would be nice. <3

Or instead of a confirmation window, maybe adjusting the click hitbox to where you have to click on the words only instead of being able to click the invisible gap between the profile page and the side panel there. :)
I think you mean confirmation, and yes, I agree. Maybe bump this sometime after Epic Week so it gets some visibility.
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Dawnia wrote:
I think you mean confirmation, and yes, I agree. Maybe bump this sometime after Epic Week so it gets some visibility.

Ah- Thank you
Auto-correct didn't catch that for some reason.

Probably since it's another real word.

EDIT:
Fixed it, lmao...
Massively agreed! I always feel so awkward accidentally sending friend requests to somebody in case they think I'm being creepy... but no, I just use my phone primarily and am clumsy 😂 Would def be useful!

(Also because I didn't realise you could take back friend requests until someone told me about it lmao--)
I so agree with this, I haven’t really done this myself, mainly because i don’t check profiles often, but I think this would be helpful.
Quoting Varian
Varian wrote:
Dawnia wrote:

Ah- Thank you
Auto-correct didn't catch that for some reason.

Probably since it's another real word.

EDIT:
Fixed it, lmao...

I kind of figured that was the case. Maybe AI was taking over and we now have to conform to be confirmed, or maybe confirm our conformation? XD

Yes, mistakenly hitting the friend link happens on occasion, mainly in my case because I hit the 'friend' link just below the 'message' link when I don't have my glasses on.
Kim Site Admin

Added!
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Added!

Woo-hoo! Thanks Kim!!
Kim wrote:
Added!

Yay! XD
Kim wrote:
Added!

Brill! Cheers, Kim!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Confirmation for sending friend requests? (ADDED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus