Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Boney Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Boney Symbol in Epic Week 2023. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Boney Symbol
I dunno what this could be.
Dragonfire Moderator

I hate that my first thought was Time Cube.
since it says modern day prophet... i think it might have to do with a game, series, or movie of some sorts because mythology is usually from old times and not from modern times
In PMD the main protagonist can see into the future
im not sure whats pmd?
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I know it's obviously not it, but I'm just throwing it out there
I'm getting another mythology feeling from the vibe of the quotes the "Divination by casting bones" is commonly practiced China and the Sinosphere, but has also been independently developed in the West. It's also known as Scapulimancy (also spelled scapulomancy and scapulamancy, also termed omoplatoscopy or speal bone reading). So there's something for that as for the rest a Modern Day's prophet's job is to accept a task given by a god so that could be related to mythology someone who has experience with delivering weird and cryptic messages maybe? I also think its highly possible this has nothing to do with mythology just so you know I'm open to any other ideas. I also found some stuff about the third clue about people who were involved with stuff like clocks and speaking through them one of the things that popped up was about King Hezekiah he was known as the man whose clock went backward and was an esteemed king to the gods. So instead of mythology maybe Christianity?

I know there are a lot of ideas there but its something.
Going slightly more esoteric, casting bones can also refer to rolling dice.

There are tons of types of timepieces, could it be like a wristwatch with a built-in radio?
hmmm im not sure about the in real life things because i dont know how you would tie them together for an conclusion. it could still mean for something irl though but personally i dont think it refers to something in real life and rather to something fictional
and i mean like the divination by casting bones and scapulimancy and etc. i dont think though that divination by casting bones and christianity would go hand in hand since christian people usually see such stuff as voodoo, or not right. im not christian myself but i think thats what they would think
Bone divination also has 'oracle bones', so maybe it's an Oracle. Like the Matrix. But since the symbol itself is a bone, maybe it does have to do with literal bones.
I can see that as well, it was just the first thing that popped in my head so something fictional anything anyone wants me to take a dig into?
Dragonfire Moderator

For what it's worth, the riddle symbols on the third object often have to do with non-fictional subjects. (See: Ea-nasir on the Sun symbol. ;) ) I'd be wary of getting deep into mythological rabbitholes here before exploring other options.
From a non-fictional perspective I've been deep diving the Speaking Clock to see if there's any prophetic connections, dropping this here in case anyone else wants to peek too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaking_clock
I did try POPCORN as it was the first thing I thought of when the clock clue came up, but there's so many more options there.
hmmm i think its now more something non fictional due to what dragon fire had said but im stuck on the third clue. did the person talk to his follower quite literally through a clock like their head through a clock frame or perhaps more like an relic or religious tool or an item of worship or more like the clock referring to a phone since you can talk to someone else through an phone and a phone also has a clock app in it. i hope this makes sense since im writing as my mind is thinking.
Claine Moderator

Try
Noodle
Graziano
jongraz

The pug who told whether it'd be a good or bad day (bones or no bones) on Tiktok (clock)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Noodle the pug".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)

Noodles the pug was a TikTok (called "the clock app" by many of its users) superstar. At 14 years old, he struggled with mobility and energy challenges. Every day, his owner started the day by assessing whether he had the energy to stand up by gently lifting him into a mostly-sitting-up position, and then seeing whether he stayed there or collapsed back into bed. If he stayed sitting up, it was a “Bones” day, which meant a great day that should be seized and used to do bold things. If he slumped back down, it was a “No bones day,” which many argued meant a bad day where no one should get out of bed. Noodle’s owner usually maintained that a no bones day meant a day that should focus on gentleness and self-care.
LOL Okay I need this pug in my life

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Boney Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus