Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Explain why you chose your icon

Ath is heavily referenced by my real life self -- same foppish hairstyle, stupid s***-eatin' grins, petulant and somewhat whiney, a self-proclaimed anti-theist, brat of massive proportions, and jaded by the world around him, but he always appreciates a good shiggle. The outfit he typically has on down to the necklace worn by Dean Winchester are all of which I actually own.

The reason I made him a sorta persona/fursona was because of my heavy involvement in the community of Furcadia some ages ago. He's far more humanistic though -- just big ol' piggy ears and curly-q boar tail. He's also a chunky boy. Despite being a budding gym rat, I've always been somewhat stout.

I enjoy characters heavily referenced off of their real life creators, so that's what Atheist is. And my current icon is him being an awful pig-child to his best friend who is a very girly-girly fox. No, Stephanie, I will never like sequins! 🤬
I started learning Dutch the same year I joined the forums and didn't want to use my usual handle because of something about SEO for small creators blah blah personal branding yada yada, anyway...

I needed a name and icon, found this old image I made on my Wii U as part of an Art Academy Home Studio lesson, and cropped it to be square. Joined with the Dutch word for "strawberry", and got the pleasure of apparently confusing one of the mods about whether or not I was actually from the Netherlands. :D

I like this name enough now I might use it in other non-essential places I join.
Why I chose Joy?

Well... because while I could create characters from here to eternity, when it comes to choosing an icon on any site my imagination is akin to that of a spoiled turnip (to quote my sister by another mister X'D) and so for quite some time I didn't have an icon and I kept debating with myself "What do I choose?" There were so many possibilities... book characters? Movie characters? Create a fursona? Draw something entirely new? Recycle an old drawing? One idea I liked was a collage of my OCs because they are all different parts of me but - yeah, handling SO many people in the same scene would be problematic for me ^__^' And so choices upon choices kept piling up and--

You see, I have this thing with ADHD where if I have too many choices and options? I hit a standstill. Totally blocked. To paraphrase an italian comedy movie, "I can neither climb nor descend", I'm stuck in the place and just... lock up. sort of.

Chosing an icon was THAT much a struggle for me.

So some time later, I had done this cute little sketch of Joy for her page and thought - "You know what, this is nice enough. Screw it, I'll make it my icon here and on Discord!"

... also, when I'm under the weather, I just need to look at her to feel Joy again :P

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Explain why you chose your icon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus