Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » JLU: The Menace Below

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Sure. Never seen actual magic before. Apart from the stuff with Hex and Charmcaster on the news that is." Kat said.

Multi-girl's wings closed back around her. "Tomas Kane and Will Aarons. They were two goons who used to work for you, but went missing a couple months ago. Copycat told me she spotted them bothering her dad before he disappeared a few days ago." Multi-girl began, stepping forward. "You wouldn't know anything about that would you?" She asked.
Davi (played by Dreath)

He pulls a piece of chalk out from his pocket.
"Just need a place." He peeks outside the ship to the rooftop. "This'll do." He leans down and draws a small circle with several simple runes round it. Pulling a candle and lighter from his sachel bag he lights it, placing it before the circle. Placing the bean bag within it he crosses his legs. "One identification spell coming up."

Thorne's face scrunches hearing their names.
"I've been looking for them for months. You're telling me they're alive still?" He pulled back his lips in a growl. "I assumed they were jumped and killed. We were unable to find them and it's been an issue since then."

Kat watched Davi draw out the circle. "So that's all you need for this spell?" Kat asked. "Figured there'd probably be more to it." She added.

Multi-girl narrowed her eyes. Even if she hadn't technically gotten information out of Thorne before, she'd been with Batman several times when he interrogated him. She had an idea of when Thorne was telling a lie or the truth. "Yeah. Dunno where they've been or when or where they turned up." Multi-girl said. She thought for a moment. "And I suppose you didn't know they were aliens?" She asked.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"It's a simple spell. Identification spells can need more depending on the item in question. These beans shouldn't be anything too bad. So should be easy to divine their purpose. Now if you'll excuse me." Davi sits. Taking a deep breath he begins the simple spell. A faint glow coveres the beans and creeps around the circle. His eyes gain a faint hue as he performs the incantation.

Thorne stared blankly.
"Are you pulling my leg? Aliens? Those two were as Human as I am." He winces at Multi-girl. "What're you trying to do here? Without Batman and asking questions about my missing men. What's this about?"

Kat watched the spell as it was done, eyeing the blue glow from the circle Davi had drawn. "So what all can you do with magic?" Kat asked, kneeling down by the circle.

Multi-girl was quiet for a few moments again. If Thorne didn't know those two were aliens, and didn't know where they've been all this time, then he most likely wasn't at all involved with what Kat had told her about. She soon turned heading to the door she phased through. "See you next time Batman or I swings by to mess up more of your crime stuff." Multi-girl said. She paused after opening the door. "By the way, I'd turn the heater up in here. It's kinda chilly." She said, before leaving.

Multi-girl took off, heading back to where she left the ship. She eyed Kat and Davi. "Uh... what're you guys doing?" She asked, landing as her wings folded up around her. Kat looked up. "Magic!" She said.
Davi (played by Dreath)

Thorne raised his weapon again. Ready to take a shot as his interrogator went to leave. He saw the futility in it.
"Just get out of here." He snaps hitting an intercomm. "I want someone to look into thermal detection for this place. Just an idea."
"Got it boss. I'll get the boys on it." He hung up. Pinching his brow.
"Sick of these freaks."

Outside the small spell was completed as Jackie returned. Davi was silent the whole time, only a minute.
"So seems the beans rapidly grow. Simply planting them and they'll erupt into a large plant growth of some kind." He rubs his neck. "I don't know the specifics without testing." He eyes a small pot plant holding a dead fern in the corner of the rooftop before snapping up as Multi-girl approached.

Jackie blinked, watching Davi go over to the potted plant. "Uh huh..." She replied, skeptically. "What kind of magic are you even doing?" She asked.

"He found these weird beans in Chamcaster's bag, did a spell to figure out what they did, and now he's gonna test them I think." Kat replied. She glanced over when there was a red flash and Jackie returned to normal. The 'straps' of her back pack and connected to the omnitrix, as well as her 'belt' were now red and gave off a feint glow, as opposed to the green they were originally.

"Right. Well, Thorne isn't behind the stuff with your dad. He didn't even seem to know those two goons of his were aliens." Jackie said. "Whole thing seems weird. If they weren't aliens, then that means two aliens are disguising themselves as the goons, but why disguise themselves as two of Thorne's goons?" She asked.

Kat shrugged. "I wanna know how they're disguising themselves personally. I mean, when I saw them they looked perfectly human." She said.

"ID Masks. They project a hologram of sorts to disguise the wearer." Jackie explained.
Davi (played by Dreath)

Davi snapped back when the talk of disguised aliens came up.
"Wait so people could be aliens in disguise? Like those things that ambushes me?" He pocketed the beans. Seeing Multi-girl now glowing red over green he looked her suit over. "Did that thing run out of power or something?"

Jackie nodded. "It's possible. I mean there's a lot of aliens in Lower Gotham. Plenty of them have jobs up here." Jackie explained. "And then there's the ones that we ran into." She added. She perked when Davi mentioned the omnitrix running out of power. She only just seemed to notice the change in her suit. "Oh that's new...." She said. She looked to Davi. "Something like that." She said.

"So if those guys didn't work for Thorne then who did they work for?" Kat asked.

"No clue. My best guess is a gang in Lower Gotham." Jackie said.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"You know. If you have something of theres or your Dads I could help out there." Davi eyed the two. A new glee in his voice bordering on excitement. "I mean assuming they don't have any magical wards or they aren't too far away I could probably hone in on their location."

Kat thought for a minute before digging through her pockets. "I got this. It's an old knife he gave me." She said, getting a pocket knife out and handing it to Davi.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"Well this could work." He paused to wonder how a gifted item could work. He looked over the roof and felt the night air. Little breeze even this far up. It was odd. He pulls out the chalk and his little note book. Drawing a similar circle as before he put in several more runes. This time there where three large ones individually circled around the ring. He ran to the ship to get a better light. "Ok well this should work." He begins setting up a candle on each of the curcled runes. a circular gap left on the top of each. "What's your Dad's name?"

"Zach." Kat replied, watching Davi get the spell ready.

"Your Dad ever make any mention of having trouble with anyone he used to know in the underworld?" Jackie asked, looking to Kat.

Kat shook her head. "No." She said.

"Then they're probably a new gang that was wanting to force your Dad to steal stuff for them. Only person in town who came close to him with burglaries was Catwoman." Jackie said. "But if Davi's spell works out, we find your Dad and hopefully whoevers running this crime thing, kick their butts, and go home." She added.

"Yeah. Hope so." Kat said.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"Could you two maybe quiet down a little. This requires focus." He crosses his legs and held his stone in the centre. "Ok then." He takes a final look at his notes and begins the chant. The knife in front of his as snakes of energy flow through the air. Coiling over the circle until the whole thing glows the same faint colour. Faint tendrils begin to flicker towards the knife. Slowly feeling over it. An image begins to form in Davi's mind. He thinks the name 'Zach' on repeat. Focusing on the item as he gets faint glimmers. Glimpses of something dark and cold. Maybe a hallway of some sort. It was heavily hazy. His mind flickered. Flashing between shapes as an alley flashes in his mind. A corner of some kind. Lights in the background. Downtown? He wondered as the image flickered. He kept up the spell. The knife began to flicker and shake as the stone glowed in his palm. Close to five minutes passed before he gasped. The light faded and a chill wind emenated from the circle. "Ok that one was weird." He says pulling himself up.

"Sorry." Jackie said. She was quiet as she watched Davi's magic. It was strange to say the least. Certainly different from the few forms of magic she'd seen with other heroes who have magical abilities. When the light faded, she went over to help Davi to his feet.

"Did it work? Did you find him?" Kat asked, coming over.
Davi (played by Dreath)

Davi holds out his palm. The stone in it glowing with a faint hue similar to the aura of the spell.
"Well I don't know for sure." He turns his body. Facing his palm in various directions. It glows to the West further into the city. "I saw an alley I think. There were lights on the outside and it seemed busy. Maybe somewhere downtown? The stone will glow brighter as we get closer. It indicates that way." He points to the East. Showing where it is orientating them.

"Alright. Shouldn't be too hard." Jackie said, heading into the ship. Once everyone had boarded, it took off. Jackie kept her focus on avoiding buildings as she flew, steering with Davi's directions. "So.... how's it legal for you to fly this thing?" Kat asked.

"Well, off world I've got a license for it. Tetrax's pilot, Gluto, helped me get it. On Earth, it probably isn't. But it's definitely not legal for Batman to be flying the Batwing in city limits, and Gordon never really raises a stink about it." Jackie answered. "We at the place yet?" Jackie asked, glancing to Davi, before back ahead.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"I'm not used to flying when doing this." Davi watched as the stones glow brightened before dulling. "Wait go back." It flared up again as the ship changed course. Adjusting to a block and hovering. "Might not be pin point but seems to be around here somewhere." He shows the stone. It's glow was several times brighter than when they started. "I guess he'd down there?"

"One way to find out." Jackie said, lowering the ship. It landed in an alley way, one with enough space for the three to step out. "You said you saw an ally right? This place seem familiar?" Jackie asked.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"There wasn't much to stand out about it." He holds out the stone. Passing it over the area he followed the glow. It began to pulsate and in his head he felt a faint thrumming. "Up here." He moves forward to a lump in the corner. Peering around the dumpster he notices a set of loose garbage bags. He looks around. "This is where it's saying. But there's nothing here." His eyes glance the bags.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » JLU: The Menace Below

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus