Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » JLU: The Menace Below

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"While you're doing that, Kat and I'll keep them back." Jackie said, pressing the face of the Omnitrix down.

Once more, she was engulfed in green light, shrinking down by several feet. Her skin paled to a white color and took on a texture that seemed synthetic. Her mouth widened and the 'headphones' formed over where her ears would be, a cable running from each to her back. The light faded, as Jackie looked herself over.

"Forgot I had this one dialed in..." She said, her voice now sounding robotic and synthesized. She sighed. "Well, guess I'm learning how to use this one now." She added. Kat absorbed some metal from one of the laser lances, lifting her visor as she coated herself in it.

Jackie and Kat stepped out of the armory, only for the aliens to immediately open fire on the two. Kat quickly held her arms to block the blasts, and wound up thrown on her butt from them. Jackie yelped as one fired at her. She dodged to the side, noticing an odd 'dwoop' sound. She got to her feet, pausing when she saw a duplicate of herself, on the other side of the hall. "Cool! Just like-" Jackie began. "-Repli-cat!" Her duplicate finished.

"Yeah that's real cool and all, but can we focus on them?" Kat asked, getting to her feet, narrowly avoiding another shot from the aliens.
Davi (played by Dreath)

As a surpressing fire was launched by a group of four three more rushed forward. Claws beared they went to capture or slay the intruders. Letting out their high pitched shrieks their mouths unfurled to reveal their tentacled mouths. They spat out a thick goop while running. Narrowly missing Kat but one slammed into one of Jackie's clones. Claws ready they took their targets while the third tried to run past them to Davi.

Inside the armour Davi collected what little dirt tracked in. The crates they were in must have been shipped from elsewhere. They seemed rather rudimentary being wooden. Different from the authoritarian, metal that designed the rest of the facility. He gathered a few more specks. Nor much but he was able to coat it.
"Come on..." He says rolling it all into a ball. There wasn't enough to cover all three seeds but they were embedded in the small mound of dirt. Nearly an inch wide. Davi squeezed as shrieks and shots rang in his ear. "Why aren't you growing you stupid flower!" He snapped before a thought hit him. "Maybe." He rolled his tongue around and spat on the small dirt ball. It absorbed in and nothing happened at first. Then the seeds sprouted.

Roots began to burst out and creep over his hand. "Did it!" He shouted in victory. Though it would be short lived. The plant began growing faster. It quickly began to feel heavy in his palm. Vines and roots began to wrap around his hand as bulbs formed before splitting open into elongated muzzles. They snapped at the air like infant birds. Small purple lines traced along it like veins. Davi was curious at first but quickly had to move. To the doorway he ran as the third alien met him in the doorway. It lunged as Davi fell over. The plant growing now roughly two feet it snapped around. Scratching his face with thorns. It was rather heavy. He pulled himself up as the alien grabbed him by the back of the neck. Going on all Davi swung the plant at the alien. It's vines wrapped around the other attacker and snapped at the tentacles on its face. The alien pulled back. Screeching as the planet kept growing. Its legs felt week as it retreated. Rushing past the combat outside as the plant kept growing. Getting faster and faster till it envelopped the creature as they both collapsed in the hallway. The large heads let out a fierce roar that bounced from vine vocalcords. The insides of their mouths resembling flower petals as they snapped and grew. Davi sat in shock at what he did. Looking out at the chaos.

Jackie didn't hesitate to get back up. She began to make more duplicates. Several of her copies ducked out of the way as one got stuck to the wall, letting out a yelp, one that sent out an ear piercing wave of sound. Kat quickly covered her ears, as did the aliens, letting out pained screeches. Jackie and her other duplicates seemed un affected. "Cool! We're like a mix of Repli-Cat and Howlitzer!" She said, splitting off two more times, with the new copies moving to free the trapped duplicate.

"Mind not doing that?" Kat asked.

"Sorry, we're gonna have to." One of Jackie's duplicates said, as they lined up, with the aliens now distracted with their trapped comrade. Kat moved behind Jackie and her copies.

"Davi, cover your ears!" She ordered, before doing so herself.

Jackie and her duplicates all took a breath. In unison, they let out high pitched echoing shrieks. The force behind them was enough that the air could be seen distorting as the soundwaves shot out from their mouths. The Aliens screamed in pain, being sent flying back, alongside Davi's magic plant. They crashed through the railing of the cat walk, falling to the ground below.
Davi (played by Dreath)

The soundwaves were oddly targetted. They spread wide but didn't seem to bend back. Davi barely noticed the first blast and the second he only saw due to looking in that direction. The plant shrieked in pain? Davi wondered if it even could. Several shots butnr through a flower bulb. Nearly a dozen before it dropped. He hoped it didn't feel it. But it's growing was going mad.

"That's there problem now Howlcat or whatever this one is called. We should go. I don't know how long before that plant will either die or outgrow this place. Vines began to grow back their way as undiscriminating bulbs grew out and snapped. "Maybe we go down this way. We gotta go now." It wasn't a moment later a sudden blast of heat hit the hallway. Looking back a large hole was burnt in the plant. It tried to heal over but was severely slowed. "They've got a cannon too? Forget this." Davi began heading down the hallway why they had the cover of the plant.

"Wait a minute, we can't just leave! We still need to take care of the-" Jackie began before the cannon fire. She ducked, though several of her copies were caught in the beam and destroyed disintegrating in a green flash.

"H-HOLY CRAP!" Kat yelped, flattened against the wall. She looked to the nearest copy, who was also flattened to the wall. "W-Were any of those like, the original you?" Kat asked.

The copy shrugged. "I don't think it really matters right now." She said. "Let's get moving before they fire again!" She added, with Kat nodding.

The two moved, as did Jackie's other duplicates. They followed Davi, making a turn further down the corridor. "Hey wait up for us!" Kat called out as they closed the distance between them and Davi.
Davi (played by Dreath)

From back down the hall another screeching of the cannon was heard followed by a thump.
"Guess the plants down. Any idea how we get out of here? There a fire escape or something?" He looked around before a noticeably chill hit him. It felt like it dropped several degrees. "Why's it getting colder down here?" He shivered as he came to a stop by a doorway.

"No clue." Kat said. "Never been in here before." She said. By now the temperature had dropped so low they could see their breath. "Maybe we're getting close to like, a meat locker or something?" She offered.

"Doubt it." Jackie said, her duplicates coming back together, before there was a flash and she returned to normal. "I think I know what I'm calling that alien." She said. "Surround-Sound." She added.

After a short while they came to a stop. Jackie looked behind them not seeing any of the aliens chasing them. "Well, on the bright side I don't think they're following us. Or if they were we lost them." She said. She was quiet for a moment as she thought. She didn't like that they were leaving this place with all the laser lances still there, but they didn't really have a choice at the moment. She made a mental note to get with Batman and too come back to deal with this.

"So how do we get out of here?" Kat asked, looking around.

"Not sure." Jackie replied, walking forward and turning a corner. After a moment she returned. "Well there's a big ass door down there. Maybe that'll lead outside?" She offered.
Davi (played by Dreath)

Just catching his eye now were lights along the roof. A soft red hue flashing on them. Every few feet.
"Explains why no alarm. I guess it's silent maybe?" Davi's eyes wandered to the door. It was huge, Fifteen feet maybe? It was massive. Why would an exist need to be so tall? "I don't think so. Maybe we should go back and try another way or." He paused as the door behind them opened with a whoosh. Emerging out as Davi tried to turn the corner was a massive creature. Humanoid with a formless face and large whiter body with black streaks over it. It stood nearly fifteen foot and was patrolled by a pair of the regular aliens. It let off a serious of groans and gutteral noises as it lumbered past. Seemingly not noticing the trio. Ahead they could see the room open. Screens and a terminal inside as the doors clicked and prepared to close.

Jackie pressed against the wall as the towering alien walked by. Its sheer size immediately brought the squid faced inter-galactic warlord, Vilgax, to mind. She looked to the room it came from, silently motioning for Kat and Davi to follow her as she moved to go into the room.

Jackie entered the room with the screens every where in it. There was exposed alien machinery all over the room, likely being some sort of wiring. Depsite being technological, much of it looked oddly organic and gave off faint red glows. Jackie walked through the room, with the door closing behind Kat and Davi once they entered. As expected, given the size of the alien, many of the screen or controls were high up off the ground, well out of the reach of the trio.

"Weird...." Kat said, eyeing the organic looking technology. She looked to Jackie who was observing the screens. Some of the screens displayed camera feeds, others displayed computer data written in an alien language. "Uh, this isn't an exit." Kat said.

"Yeah I know. We can probably find one from in here though." Jackie said, indicating the screens, before heading to the controls. "Somebody give me a boost." She said.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"Do you have any idea what that thing was? Nothing in your little alien encylopedia brain about some giant, white bug thing?" Davi gazed around at the tech. The smelt weird. Like a mix of moss and clorine. Everything was upsized likely for the massive alien. He couldn't speak their weird language but Davi could tell it was annoyed. Was it going to find them? He wondered as he and Kat gave Jackie a lift.

"Nope. If I had to guess the big guy's probably to the little guys what a bee queen is to a normal bee. Just without the egg laying." Jackie said. "I hope." She added, clambering up onto the controls once she was lifted up. She eyed the controls, before pressing a button at random. One of the screens changed from one camera feed to another. "There we go. Let's cycle through these then." She said, pressing the button repeatedly.

The camera feeds she flipped through showed the corridors buzzing with the aliens, clearly searching for the trio. "So.... even if we find an exit, how exactly are we going to get out?" Kat asked.

"Did either of you keep your id masks like I asked?" Jackie asked. Kat blinked.

"Uuuuh...." She began, realizing she must've dropped hers, and having seen Davi toss his.

Jackie sighed. "Davi?" She asked.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"Iiii. Lost it when we got ambushed." He says avoiding her gaze. He could feel the tension and frustration. "And besides if they knew we were using them they'd likely check everyone to make sure right?" He infered while trying to redirect the topic. Though this would be short lived. The doors hissed and slid open as the large figure returned. It gazed down to the three Humans. They barely reached must past it's knee.

"There you are." It said in a husky voice. "We only need one of them alive. Kill the others if you wish." It growled as the other two aliens charged. Claws out as they went into their rabid assualt. Davi went to run. But his legs would only go so far. He fumbled with the bag hoping to get the staff out.

"Anything would help now!" He yelled to Jackie.

"Okay guess it's plan B-" Jackie said, as the door opened. She looked back to the towering alien and the two with him. Kat knelt down, absorbing the material of the floor, readying to fight as Davi tried to run. Jackie immediately lobbed the smoke bombs to the floor. They went off quickly filling the room with a smoke screen. She drew a batarang and lobbed it at the Alien that lunged for Davi whilst he was busy with the bag. "Working on it!" Jackie said, activating the omnitrix. She was thankful she could reactivate so quickly after having used it earlier. She stopped at the hologram of what looked to be a large alien. She immediately slapped the face down.

Jackie immediately began to grow. Her normally slim figure began to bulk out, as dark red scales began to grow across her skin. A long tail sprouted from the base of her spine. The flash of the transformation subsided, and now Jackie stood in the form of a gargantuan dinosaur-like alien. "Whoa... I'm huge!" She said, pausing when the controls beneath her gave out, crushing under her wait. "I really hope those weren't important." Jackie said with a grin, charging forward. Every foot step shook the ground. Jackie pulled her fist back before throwing a punch into the towering alien, sending him rocketing back into the door.

Kat punched one of the two aliens square in the eye, forcing a yelp out of it, before she grabbed it and threw it into some of the controls.
Davi (played by Dreath)

A great slash reached for his leg. The smoke caused a fumble as the alien tumbled forward. Slamming nearby as the smoke cleared Davi grasped something. 'Please be it' he hoped as he pulled the item out. Claws came slashing down as he did. The staff his the aliens attack with a ringing cling.
"Glad it's durable." Davi pushed back as the alien fell off balance. "Now how did you fire last time?" He wonders as it came back. Slash and slash narrowly blocked before it sweeped his feet. On his side it went for his face. Raising the staff a bolt of energy shot out like previously. The alien held it's eye in pain as it was thrown back.

Seeing Jackie transform the larger alien showed isible shock despite lacking a typical face.
"A Vaxasaurian?" It says in its husked voice. "Who're you?" It asks as the large dinosaur charges. The pale alien was still taller but mass seemed to be on Jackie's side. The bulks crashed but the lanky creature proved mighty. It held up and even grappled its foe. It's clawed feet scrapping on the metallic floor.

"Y'know I kinda thought the bright green flash, changing from a 5'4 human girl to a.... however tall I am giant monster, and the Omnitrix on my suit made it pretty obvious." Jackie retorted, before she was grappled by the alien. Though she obviously had the greater mass, she was surprised by how strong the alien was. She was pushed back by the Alien as they struggled. With the Alien's claws dug into the ground, they had better anchoring than Jackie did.

Kat went over and helped Davi up to his feet. "Hey you got it back out!" She said.
Davi (played by Dreath)

The tall alien slashed to Jackie's face. Claws that on thinner skin may have cut deep. But to the thick hide of this form it merely scratched. Still though it scratched. As the two grappled it punched. Going for Jackie's throat.

"I got it back. Yea I did." Davi gets to his feet and looks to the stunned alien. It stood up with its eye red and sore. It tried to shoot a glob of slime but its aim was off. Hitting past them onto the wall Davi moved. "We can't stay. We gotta go." He says in a rushed tone. The alien then lashed out and frantically clawed.

Jackie stumbled back when she was punched in the throat, coughing. She spun around, whipping her tail out into the towering alien.

Kat knelt down, absorbing the metal that made up the floor, as one of the Aliens got back up and attempted to attack. She shielded Davi from the Alien's slashes, able to take them thanks to her knew coating of metal. She spun around, delivering another punch straight into the alien's eye.
Davi (played by Dreath)

The tails mass knocked the alien down. Tripping out one of it's legs it didn't have the strength to remain standing. Stumbling back it fell, narrowly catching itself by planting down it's hand.
"So the reports were correct. How do you have such a thing?" It retorts pulling itself up.

The foot soldier falls back and seemingly goes out cold. As another comes from the side Davi meets it with a swing. Nearly losing it in his hand the staff hits the alien square in the head. It falls down disoriented. Slowly crawling to its feet at it lets out some faint clicking sounds.

Jackie coughed, taking a few steps back. "I dunno, luck?" She offered, readying her fists. She launched forward, swinging one of her massive fists into the tall Alien.

As the alien tried to get to its feet, Kat swiftly brought her foot down on its head. "How many times do we have to hit you idiots before you stay down?!" She questioned exasperatedly, before looking to Jackie. "Hey think you can hurry that up? We need to bail!" Kat said.

"Working on it!" Jackie retorted.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"What brings you here you worm? Are you opposing us?" It asks catching the fist as it returns. It kicks back knocking Jackie away. Surpringly nimble. It pulls to its feet and chuckles. "You have barely a minute before reinforcements arrive. Surrender now or be cut down in gunfire." It says between pants. Trying to mask them.

The alien finally goes down. It's body going limp and sprawling.
"Wait reinforcements? We're dead." Davi begins to shake. He steadies himself. A thought coming to mind. "Kat! I have an idea." He digs into his pockets and pulls out the chalk. "Please work." He says opening his book and frantically flipping.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » JLU: The Menace Below

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus