Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » 5 Free sketch slots - animal/anthro chars - OPEN

I've dithered on this for a while because honestly, I'm really nervous about my art and I've not done this in years? But I've seen so many charas out there on RPR that I'm like, wow, I'd love to draw them. So I thought, why not open up some slots and give it a go?

DISCLAIMER that I'm still working on human anatomy and so I'm not really confident enough for that at the moment. For now, I'll be taking requests for animal, anthro and clearly non-human characters.

These may be just sketches or lineart, I might add flat colour in some cases. They'll likely be just headshots unless I really feel confident! I'll be pretty nebulous with timescale, so sorry in advance, but it all depends on my confidence level 🥲

Bearing in mind I likely won't get around to all of you if there are a lot of people, which is why I've done only a few for now! It isn't anything against you or your character, I just get easily overwhelmed haha.

For now I'll open up like, 5 slots, one per person, and go from there if I get them all done!

Some examples of my art here and in this thread :)

[1/5 OPEN] (+ 2 special requests done)

-- TO DO --

1. Raptor for ragemachine - DONE
2. Gwyar - DONE
** Ortho for Varian** - DONE
**Neotale Undyne for SoulHeart57** - DONE
3. Rya for DnDmama - DONE
4. Sora for Anakitsuto - WORKING ON
5. --
Raptors (played by ragemachine)

I’ll offer up my main Dino Raptors if that’s ok?
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

Raptors wrote:
I’ll offer up my main Dino Raptors if that’s ok?

Absolutely, thank you for the interest! I went a little OTT with this because honestly I was excited to draw a dino haha. My first one, so hopefully it's ok! Hope you like it, Raptors is a brilliant character and I was honoured to get the chance to draw him ☺️

there's both eye colours here BC I couldn't decide on which one, so two versions ig!

big ol' Raptors headshot(s) 🦖

Screenshot-2023-05-20-22-50-08-73-73600cf04b081df67256e4102606f6e7-removebg-preview-1.png

Screenshot-2023-05-20-22-03-27-38-f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329-removebg-preview.png

Honestly, I just love when others like Raptors, he’s my first ever OC so thank you.
And yeah, show me the green eye one.
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

Raptors wrote:
Honestly, I just love when others like Raptors, he’s my first ever OC so thank you.
And yeah, show me the green eye one.

I added it into the post, thought it would be easier lol. But I'm glad you like it! Feel free to use it in any way you'd like ☺️

I apologize for the weird purple outline around the first one lmao. I'm doing all this on a phone, but I'll try to fix it in the morning.

On the subject of Raptors, he has such an interesting concept! I read through his profile earlier and he's got so much lore behind him, I can definitely tell you've put a lot into him!

Regardless, I love him and any work on him is a win for me! ^U^

_Skylark_ wrote:
On the subject of Raptors, he has such an interesting concept! I read through his profile earlier and he's got so much lore behind him, I can definitely tell you've put a lot into him!

He’s my first and I want him to have the best lore I can provide for him with little actual influence of other sources. From a simple dinosaur with fire powers to the host of a sentient demonic flame. And I will never stop giving him the trauma he needs to push on.
Gwyar (played anonymously)

Would you care to draw a little victorian-dressed doggo? <_<
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

Gwyar wrote:
Would you care to draw a little victorian-dressed doggo? <_<

Corgis are ridiculously fun to draw. Though, I have a chara who is a borgi mix in their anthro form and I'm used to drawing him, so I think maybe I made Gwyar a bit too fluffy 😂 Anyway, here's a fullbody sketch with and without clothing; hope you like it! May clean up, line, maybe flatcolour later if I get the time. I feel like the anatomy is a tad off so will try to fix that 🤔

Without clothing
Screenshot-2023-05-21-09-52-06-58-73600cf04b081df67256e4102606f6e7.jpg

With Clothing
Screenshot-2023-05-21-09-56-58-54-73600cf04b081df67256e4102606f6e7.jpg

Aww my gosh!! He's so adorable! 🥺🥺
Thank you very much! Can I put this on his profile?
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

Gwyar wrote:

Of course, go for it! ☺️ it's free use, you can do whatever you like with it! If I do end up lining/colouring, do you want me to ping it over? No promises that I will but if I get the time and motivation!

I'm so glad you like it!

_Skylark_ wrote:
Gwyar wrote:

Of course, go for it! ☺️ it's free use, you can do whatever you like with it! If I do end up lining/colouring, do you want me to ping it over? No promises that I will but if I get the time and motivation!

I'm so glad you like it!

Thank you! Yes please, a PM would be fine if you choose to line/colour it :)
Ortho Shroud (played anonymously)

I'm not sure if Ortho here is "clearly not human" enough, but I'll place him here just in-case you'd like to. Totally okay if you don't want to draw him! <3
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

varian wrote:
I'm not sure if Ortho here is "clearly not human" enough, but I'll place him here just in-case you'd like to. Totally okay if you don't want to draw him! <3

That fire hair looks like it will both absolutely stump me and also be a heck of a lot of fun lol. I do love glow effects too hmm 👀

Tell ya what, I won't take this as a slot per se, but I will give drawing Ortho a go! It might not be great, may take a while, but every bit of practice helps ☺️

Off topic but all this Twisted Wonderland hype has gotten me looking into it - it does seem really interesting! Not gonna lie, nice to see TLK's Scar represented in it in more ways than one 🦁 Personal fav Disney movie, lion bro doesn't get enough love as a villain
Ortho Shroud (played anonymously)

_Skylark_ wrote:
varian wrote:

That fire hair looks like it will both absolutely stump me and also be a heck of a lot of fun lol. I do love glow effects too hmm 👀

Tell ya what, I won't take this as a slot per se, but I will give drawing Ortho a go! It might not be great, may take a while, but every bit of practice helps ☺️

Off topic but all this Twisted Wonderland hype has gotten me looking into it - it does seem really interesting! Not gonna lie, nice to see TLK's Scar represented in it in more ways than one 🦁 Personal fav Disney movie, lion bro doesn't get enough love as a villain

Don't worry, the hair stumps me too. So hard to draw, aah-
Take your time.

Leona Kingscholar! Yes! He's indeed based off of Scar. :)
Scar is one of my favorite villains too, along with Ursula (TLM), Edgar (The AristoCats) and Prince John (Robin Hood)!
I have a question of what the parameters of non human are exactly. Could you explain them some more please?
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

SoulHeart57 wrote:
I have a question of what the parameters of non human are exactly. Could you explain them some more please?

Absolutely! I should've really explained them better beforehand, haha. Sorry!

So by 'non human', I mean anything that doesn't have human anatomy, human facial features, that sort of thing - so, beastial types mainly. Animals, anthros, beastial cryptids, aliens with nonhuman anatomy; anything that's not strictly humanoid in appearance.

The only reason I'm putting that parameter on is literally because I'm really not confident drawing humans yet - especially not the face and limbs 😂 I'd like to make sure I'm happy with my skills before putting any human art out there!

I don't want to make anyone feel excluded, so I'll likely open this up to humanoid characters too once I'm ready!

Regarding Ortho, I've made a bit of an exception since most of his face is covered bar the eyes, so I reckon I could give it a decent go lol.
I see… *smiles saddle at having nothing that meets said parameters. Well, i wish you good luck!
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

SoulHeart57 wrote:
I see… *smiles saddle at having nothing that meets said parameters. Well, i wish you good luck!

Thank you! Keep an eye on this space; as I say, hopefully I'll be confident enough to open it up more soon!
I’ve already subscribed, so I’ll be notified! Wait, do skeletons count as not human enough? Or fish people? Because I could use some concept art fr my neotale homies. The lack of artists that i knew and lack of money to pay one kinda halted any and all work i was putting into that.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » 5 Free sketch slots - animal/anthro chars - OPEN

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus