Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » 100 Limited Palette Challenge!

Auberon wrote:
Ohhhh snap Galaxy-Star, that's super pretty! This might be kind of weirdly specific, but I also really really enjoy the shape of the eyes and how you did the lashes underneath.

Thank you I enjoy drawing eyes and I had no idea honestly what I was doing
Auberon Topic Starter Moderator

Dndmama wrote:
I have no idea what I just did.

Untitled150_20230609001455.png

A gosh dang masterpiece, that's what you did! This design is so cool omg
I'mma give this a try, myself~
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 53.
Goo

Okay okay FINE I wanna do more of these anyway and I could use some kind of warmup, lesseeee what I get!
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 21.

YES GOOD MORE ART INCOMING!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT!
AGAIN!
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 70.
Rolling rolling
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 80.
Goo

Goo wrote:
Okay okay FINE I wanna do more of these anyway and I could use some kind of warmup, lesseeee what I get!

syrinxlp.png
Don't say I never make good on a threat! Have my big ol' Amazonian elflady, Syrinx! This color palette is damn near the exact opposite of her ACTUAL colors (aside from her skin and the gold bits) so I thought she'd be a fun challenge. I've always pictured her as some type of desert-dweller, so we'll call this one 'Syrinx if she was in a Hollywood movie about an arid location'.

Dang Goo! The selective use of solid colors makes for such an interesting style. Really draws the eye around!
Finished another. I like this one a lot more. My character Rixori in pretty much the exact opposite colors to her usual.

Untitled152_20230610003751.png
Goo

Awright, I've got a little bit of time before I've gotta do other stuff today, so let's whip up another!
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 66.
*dumps more colors into her lap before scampering off*
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 56.

Dndmama wrote:
Finished another. I like this one a lot more. My character Rixori in pretty much the exact opposite colors to her usual.

That palette is, no exaggeration, one of my favorites in the spread, and I love how you used it!

Did this one this morning with palette #71

Sloane_lp_icon_smol.png
*more effort than before*
Untitled262_20230611230951.png

Oh wow, the way that you used that one, it almost looks like full color instead of a limited palette!
Auberon wrote:
Oh wow, the way that you used that one, it almost looks like full color instead of a limited palette!

I may have messed with the shades and tints but kept it the same hue. I'm still trying to get used to the limited pallet
I roll for more 😂
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 72.

It's just such a fun exercise honestly. I get SO much mileage out of being forced to paint with weird colors. It teaches me a lot that I can apply to full color work and is great practice!
Untitled263_20230612080314.png

No tint/shade messing just straight colors

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » 100 Limited Palette Challenge!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus