Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Dragontear Lake (CLOSED)

Micaria smiled at Tulti, before helping herself from the apples. As she bit into one, bliss overcame her from the great taste of the fruit. She took her time to enjoy each bite. She then looked at the lake: the scenery was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the food was delicious and the company was also great. Indeed a perfect summer. In one hand, she clutched the pendant which brought her here. She thought maybe she could keep it, so she could visit the place in the future. With these thoughts: she approached Bailey.

"Hey, I would like to ask: can I keep the pendant? This is place is so pretty, that I really would like to visit it in the future." she said.
Tulti Olanthis (played anonymously)

Ren Hemmberg wrote:
Azumi, still in her human form approached Tulti with much enthusiasm. It was another visitor in this wonderful lake! How could she resist the temptation of making a friend? A friend that Ren could make? Azumi looked back at her summoner with glee with Ren only groaning back at her before approaching Tulti.

"You too?", He asked Tulti, looking away, but made an attempt to form a friendly smile, "Lemme guess, a pendant got you here, huh?"

"Eye contact is important when talking to someone, dear!", Azumi giggled

"But Azu-"

"Everyone here has been friendly to you so far, dearie! Why must you feel so threatened or uncomfortable?"

Ren sighed. She was right. This wasn't Hill City. This is a nice place to relax. He might as well try and interact with someone socially, it would not hurt in the slightest. With this in mind, he faced Tulti with a serious expression. To Tulti, it might seem that Ren was somehow angry with him. But it wasn't the case as he was just trying very hard to make eye contact in a rather odd manner.

"Dear!", Azumi scolded Ren, "You needn't focus so much on doing such a simple task! You'll only end up intimidating the man!"

".........., Ren responded

Big blue eyes just gave a slow blink, and he had paused chewing but he started chewing again, quickly, so he could swallow. He waved his hand and gave a kind smile, even he still just seemed off kilter. He did feel a little off balance. "Not to worry, no harm done." Tulti wasn't easily shaken. He looked down to the pendant, and wiped his hands quickly on his leggings before lifting up the delicate thing to inspect it a little item. "A....a friend put it on me and I was sent here. Don't know much more than that."

He glanced to the sort of pushy one with the shy guy, but then just shrugged. "Guess I have to make the most of it, hm? Seems like a nice place."

At the idiom, he frowned. "Doctor? Are you sick?"
Ren Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

"I was", Ren replied to Tulti, "Just a fever that happened last week and will probably never happen again, Azumi!".

Ren looked to his familiar just as he said this. Azumi rolled her eyes at her summoner, showing a tinge of annoyance.

"It is not bad for a familiar to look after their summoner's mental and physical health, you know!", Azumi scolded Ren yet again, her hands on her hips, "I know you'll say it was not fatal, but you specifically told me to 'keep a close eye on you' so you won't have any inconveniences in making music. And don't forget, you have been working yourself to the bone, mister! I kept telling you to rest and you never listen to me!".

Azumi pouted and turned her back on her summoner briefly before quickly changing her demeanor to that of a concerned mother.

"Let's just take a break alright? We have fans, I know, but that does not mean we have to work tirelessly to please them with more songs. Quality over quantity was always our mindset, was it not?"

Ren nodded reluctantly and sighed for a moment before finally saying, "Fine"

At Micaria inquiring about whether they can keep the pendants or not, the Familiar and Summoner wanted to ask about the same thing. So, they approached Bailey, Azumi full of enthusiasm and glee with every step as she got closer to Bailey.

"May we keep them?", Azumi pleaded with puppy eyes, "Pleeeaaaaassee?"
Bailey Palmer (played by GingerHades) Topic Starter

As Bailey had finished handing out snacks and refreshments, she perked up as she was bombarded with the same question from multiple people: Can we keep the pendants?

"Oh, yes yes, of course you can!" Bailey nodded her big scaly head. "I don't see why not!"

"Not that you young ones have a say in the matter," Winifred chuckled, chiming in. "Them pendants remember where they've been. Remember where you found 'em, too. Once ya take 'em off, both you and it will be back where you came from. No sense in leaving the pretty things where you found them, right?"

"So please do come visit us again!" Bailey cheered. "We live a little ways away from here, but I wander often! I'm sure you'll find me if you look hard enough."

"And you take good care of your new necklace, got it?" Winifred added, sternly. "Our world's on the brink of a war as is. We don't need that magic to fall into the wrong hands, outside of home."

"Right," Bailey nodded in agreement, regaining her smile quickly. "But let's not worry about that! C'mon, everyone! Let's keep going!"

Thus, the party continued on until dusk. The rest of the day was full of fun activities- swimming, lounging, games, chatting, the list goes on. Occasionally, the sea dragons native to the lake would surface in the distance, watching the partygoers for brief moments only to return to the waters upon being spotted.

As the sun began to set and the activities came to a close, the Palmers began to bid everyone farewell. Upon removing the pendant from around your neck, the same sensation you underwent when you first arrived repeated itself- you found yourself transported elsewhere. Namely, the same place you first found the little wooden box.

The pendant continues to quiver. It appears the magic enchanting it is as strong as ever. Almost as if it was happy to go back to the place it had originally came from. It was like an invitation that would remain open to you.

You are always welcome back to Dragontear Lake!

And that concludes the party at Dragontear Lake! Sorry to wrap it up so briefly, but not only was today the last day of the Summer Soiree, but I've also been relatively busy and I wanted to make sure I didn't leave it on a cliffhanger!

Thanks to all of you for roleplaying with me during this event! I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting as many people to show up as they did, but I had fun nonetheless!

And I hope you had just as much fun as I did, too! As always, I do hope our characters cross paths again someday!

-Hades ^_^
((Thanks a lot, I had fun))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Dragontear Lake (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus