Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Dragontear Lake (CLOSED)

Like usual, the Dragon had miscalculated how 'smooth' all this social stuff was going to go. First, the many-eyed biped approached with a friendly and minimal greeting- so far, so good. She flashed an overly wide but well-meaning grimace, and bowed her head to greet the female biped back.. but when she looked back up and wanted to open her mouth to speak, she was assaulted by the enthusiasm of a super hairy creature.

"Ow, umm.. I uh, uh.." Had she not been a cold-blooded creature with a thick scaly hide, the Dragon's face would've turned a vibrant crimson. She shuffled back a bit, eyes widening beneath her mask. So many questions.. five? Yes, five. Did she have to answer all of those? She could.. but in what order? What did that fluffy person want to hear?! "I'm a.. dragon, yeah. And I got this.. uh, from a place.. where the roof came down. I think. It's mine though, otherwise someone would've come to get it! I hope that's alright?" Oh crap, she didn't know what to say! "Um, petting..? What's that?" That didn't sound to great. Petting sounded like batting, and that certainly wasn't something that felt comfortable, even when she was wearing her helmet. "I dunno how old I am.. I think.. a lot of winters. Maybe twenty?" Then again, she had travelled a lot ever since escaping the Rebuilders, and a lot of places had rain all year long, so it was hard to differentiate between summer and winter.

Thankfully, the bouncy enthusiasm of the white-maned cub saved her from further embarassment. As the young biped took the lead and chattered away, her elder joining in on the upbeat brainstorming about going to fish for sport - was that a thing in this world? -, the Dragon flashed an awkward and apologizing smile to the furry biped, and then to the blue-skinned one standing near her. Great, already messed this up..

Trying to make herself as small and unnoticable as possible - which, being taller at the shoulder than most of the bipeds attending, the only male aside -, the Dragon scuttled after the group, watching as the little white-mane dove into the water and disappeared under the surface. Shit! No way on the whole wide world that something without tail, big paws and wings was gonna survive that! Immediately the Dragon sprung into action and charged at the lake, ready to dive in, but right as she prepared to jump into the crisp blue liquid, an enormous white dragon burst out of the water. The Dragon had to dash to dodge the majestic entrance and smacked into the water face-first, reemerging with a helmet full of water. That was.. that smelled like.. her? What on Here was going on in this weird place?!

"Whoa.." At last, the Dragon took off her metal mask and shook out her mane, revealing a broad, scarred muzzle with an otherwise youthful visage. She crawled onto the grassy shore and stared up at the long-necked creature. This.. other form of the bipedal youngster, it reminded her of the Lorekeeper back at the Rebuilders. Except this skinny serpentine drake didn't seem to be the type to spin lies to innocent hatchlings.

At any rate, it calmed her down to see a less alienesque face. Maybe, if she found the right mettle, she could make this a fun experience anyway! She wanted to see the others get on first, though, just to make sure that a big ol' extra dragon wouldn't be too much for this stretchy young'un.
Nagisa (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Nagisa had been listening to the dragon's uncertain rambling and was about to step in; the poor creature looked overwhelmed, so maybe she should ask the kitsune to stop the interrogation. But then, because everything was just happening at once all of a sudden, Bailey dove into the water and someone who looked entirely different emerged. Fortunately, before anyone (Nagisa included) did anything too rash, the serpent revealed herself to quite clearly still be Bailey, just in a different form.
"Holy sh- um, crap!" Nagisa exclaimed, staring at the white serpent with shock. "Kid? Bailey? Did you... are you... that is so cool." She breathed, feet rooted to the spot momentarily. Okay, so maybe hopping into the water and transforming into something else wasn't unusual to Nagisa, but still, she certainly hadn't expected to see anyone else here do it. It lead her, falsely, to believe that Bailey was some kind of aquatic being, similar to Nagisa herself, but reptilian instead of piscine. "Is that why they call this Dragontear Lake?" She asked, because the kid certainly looked like a water dragon now.
Micaria was glad upon seeing the Dragon had the intention to converse and returned the smile, but then she was cut-off by the kitsune. She was about to tell her to be not that overwhelming towards the best when she saw Bailey to jump into the water and transform into a sea serpent.

"Wow, this is so cool! Is this your magic, right?" she remarked. It made sense since Bailey was a magic-user, just like her witch grandmother. Micaria herself also knew a shapeshifting spell, but that allowed her to transform into other people, not creatures. And they are going to go fishing, too? That was even more exciting. The Spider Witch was quick climb atop Bailey head, ready to join the fun.
"Thank you! Wow, this looks so cool!" she beamed, being overly happy that she got her own rod to fish on the lake. She investigated the rod inch by inch because it was the first time that someone trusted their items to go along with Vanille. It was not that long when the Dragon decided to show her fully self. Vanille gasped and took some step behind when the Dragon introduced herself. She was flinching and clutching one's fists to the chest because of...her appearance. It was strange, for her, now that she have her thought and scanned the people around her as if she was the only non-shapeshifter between them. The others are either unique creatures or...non human!

"Oh cool, we have food here too." she answered Winifred lowly, being a little nervous now if the food would be, at least, edible for her. It was like a blink of her eyes when Bailey suddenly dive to the lake and a gigantic sea serpent appeared minutes after.

Download.jpg
"Aaaargh!!" Vanille squealed. She was surprised with the appearance of the dragon, and then the sea serpent almost made her fallen to her back. Micaria was also an unique creature though but she couldn't sense any danger form her, rather, she was friendly enough with the other. Azumi, the kitsune, it was also strange for her that a nearly-fox creature can talk and have a master on her own. Is she the only normal human here? but Ren, seems like he was normal, at least, but he was the master, he must be not normal either. She suddenly missed Fang, her sister, to accompany her.

Just when her heart beating rapidly from the sudden shock she experienced, Bailey offered everyone to climb on her and have the journey to the lake. It seems like a dangerous situation, if it was on her world because of the war, but, because of the note she read on the pendant before, she was sure that this was kind of a healing party for those whom wanna escape from the stressful reality and have some fun. She mustered up her courage, eventhough she had so many questions on her head. "I-is that okay if I climb upon you?" Vanille muttered, a little bit shaking on her voice then she step forward to the serpent as she followed Micaria to ride on Bailey.
Ren Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

Ren was astonished at the sight of Bailey's tranformation and so was Azumi. He did not expect her to have so much magical power. From what Azumi had taught him, humans have a harder time shapeshifting because their bodies are in tune to the physical world compared to spirits and being able to do so is a great feat for his kind. Most likely, humans are different in this world as what his familiar had taught him were about humans in his world so he had to scrap the idea before he causes a misunderstanding.

When Bailey requested that everyone hop on her back, Ren became petrified. It was only a split second fear induced petrification however as Azumi excitedly grabbed her summoner by his hand and proceeded to climb onto Bailey's back.

"Azumi!", He frantically whispered, "Remember the last time I rode a dragon's back?!"

"Oh hush now dear, you were fine! The dragon was a trained and licensed professional! He wouldn't have let you fall off!"

"But the ride was-"

"Fun? Of course, like this one shall be at this moment!", Azumi wagged her tails.

Ren groaned at Azumi's habit of finishing his sentences for him. He would rather go fishing, but it seemed it was too late!
Bailey Palmer (played by GingerHades) Topic Starter

"Aye aye!" Bailey's head came to rest onto the grass, delicately weaved through the whole crowd. Rosy red eyes the size of Micaria's face stared at everyone. "Shapeshifting is my specialty! And I love doing it! I've got so many tricks up my sleeves!"

"Ho-ho!" Winifred stepped forward as Nagisa questioned the lake's name. "You got it right! Dragontear Lake is home to all kindsa sea serpents! Much like Bailey here. In fact, those pendants around yer necks? Those are made with their scales!"

Winifred gazed out towards the water. "Bailey and I had a long talk to them serpents. They're a cozy little bunch. So kind to let us use their lake for a party! They even let us gather their shed scales from the bottom of the lake to fashion into invites, of sorts!"

Bailey listened intently, even as many people climbed onto her back. She squeezed her eyes shut with a smile as Micaria climbed to the top of her head. Once that was over with, she shot a glance at the worried Ren. "Ohh, don't worry! I'm not gonna drop you into the water or anything!"

"Ahem?" Winifred loudly cleared her throat, raising an eyebrow at Bailey with an amused smirk.

"...Not this time, at least," Bailey chuckled nervously, a bit disappointed she couldn't pull her usual acts of mischief.

"That's what I thought," Winifred chuckled, handing out nets and rods to anybody climbing onto Bailey's back. "Now, y'all go have fun! I'll be keepin' an eye on you guys so you're all safe. If you wanna go for a swim, go ahead- the water's very nice! Just don't go making a mess in the lake now, you hear? Keep it tidy for the dragons!"

"We will, Mother!" Bailey grinned, slowly raising her head up. "Ready to go, everyone?"
A smaller dragon climbing on top of a bigger dragon who, deep down, was actually a smaller creature felt like the weirdest shit, but at this point, what did normal mean anymore? The Dragon considered politely declining the piggyback ride onto the lake, but given their significant size difference and the fact that she'd never swam in a lake like this before, she knew that her chances of survival were highest if she agreed to this white-maned youngster's plan. Besides, all her bipedal friends were doing it too, so no way that this was a trap to lure her towards her untimely demise!

"Huh? Oh.. yeah, yeah! I'm coming! Onto your back, and whatnot." With an awkward grimace, she climbed onto the white serpent's back and planted her bum on the 'ground', grimacing rather awkwardly as her helmet still dangled from her neck. Ah well, this would grow on her. "Ready when you are, totally!" For what, her out-of-touch mind failed to understand.

"Wow..." Nagisa was clearly in awe, both of Bailey's abilities, and Winifred's explanation of the lake, its residents, and the origin of the beautiful magic pendants. She was truly at a loss for what to say, but thankfully things were moving on. On that note, Nagisa hurried to climb aboard the living raft before it was too late, as she had been so intrigued by everything that she had just been standing still on the shore. Scrambling onto Bailey's back and climbing upwards, she settled herself near Micaria, politely refusing any fishing equipment that was offered.
"Well, I think I also would skip fishing and would rather have a nice swim." Micaria said. "Though I am not against riding on a large sea serpent."

She then smiled at Nagisa as the mermaid settled next to her. The Spider Witch began to use her six hands to play Cats Cradle using her own silk which could be produced from her wrists. In her mind, she knew this was going to be an unforgettable experience. Especially after she heard that the necklaces used to bring them here, where made from the scales of dragons living in the lake. Micaria wondered what one should look like.
"Yes... I'm ready. I guess." Vanille was holding onto the serpent's back tightly as to where they were headed. So, it was the dragon's tear pendant which brought them together to the lake when Vanille gaze onto the pendant hanging around her neck. It was cool, she thought, with the explanation about the pendant and also about the other creatures which live around the lake. She took her place beside Micaria when she performed her abilities to create her own silk from her wrist. "That looks so cool." Vanille beamed when Micaria just play Cats Cradle. She also look at Nagisa nearby. "Can I... hold onto your hand? Just as long as our ride." she said,
Azumi Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

"We're ready!", Azumi said and looked at Ren. Her summoner seemed transfixed on the fishing rods they left behind. He would rather have that than do something akin to riding a rollercoaster, an experience he generally does not enjoy.

"Do we have to?", Ren groaned

"Yes", Azumi giggled

It seemed there was no changing his familiar's mind on this. Anyway, it seemed Bailey seemed experienced so if he could hazard a guess, it would not end in any accidents. Though he suddenly recalled that there were Sea Dragons below the lake, hence its name. This caused Ren to maintain a stoic face. Internally however, he was panicking about it. So much so that Azumi could sense it.

"I'm sure the dragons aren't scary, sweetie!", Azumi smiled, "They're nice, worry not!

"....Yeah, sure"
Bailey Palmer (played by GingerHades) Topic Starter

And with the utmost gentle swishes of her flippers, Bailey ventured out into the rich, blue waters with the partygoers atop her back (or her head).

The shapeshifter's paddling in the lake slowed to a halt when Bailey thought she had swam out far enough. They were not terribly far from shore- Winifred was still clearly visible near the bonfire, waving at the group before turning back to the bonfire to cook more food. Regardless, the water was still deep enough to both swim and fish in. "This looks like a good spot!"

Bailey did her best to keep her head level, in order to prevent Micaria and Nagisa from falling off and into the water. Her eyes darted to everyone else that was settled on her back. Bailey remained perfectly still and afloat, like she truly were a boat in this situation. "There's gotta be some fish around here somewhere! Just keep your eyes peeled, everyone- the lake's so clear, sometimes you can see the fish as they swim by! Heck, we might even be able to see the serpents, too!"

Bailey giggled at the thought. "Hey, if anyone wants to go swimming, try not to move too quickly. We don't wanna scare the fish, do we? Heheh."

Nagisa took Vanille's hand as Bailey began to propel herself and her passengers through the water. Her face lit up in a smile, a delighted expression she was hardly aware of making as she simply enjoyed the brief but lovely ride through the water. Sure, it wasn't fast or exhilarating, but even so, Nagisa enjoyed the sensation of moving through the water without having to swim. Her eyes were closed as the wind blew gently through her hair, until Bailey came to a stop.
A little part of Nagisa wanted to complain that they had stopped, and ask Bailey to continue the ride. But of course; that would be selfish to ask for, and anyway, the prospect of swimming or watching fish dart around the lake seemed nice, too. So, she let go of Vanille's hand and carefully shifted her position, laying down rather than sitting. Nagisa turned onto her stomach so that she was facing the water, eager to catch sight of the lake's residents, whether they were sea serpents, or just fish. After all, she was from the sea, so even something as simple as a freshwater fish was a new sight for her.
"Ack!" Theo materializes, having been startled by the sudden teleportation from when he put on the pendant that Dr Strange had given him. "So this place is supposed to help me relax?" He looks around and sees the lake. "Oh well, guess I'll go for some diving." He taps a button on his phone, summoning the Mark 37. When the specialized deep water armour arrives, Theo steps into it and heads into the lake to go swimming.
Enjoying the ride in total silence, happy to not be alone but not be forced into the spotlight either, the Dragon watched as the white-maned youngling swam out into the lake. The water was a vibrant blue and seemed to miss the rancid and gassy smells that water back home sometimes had. Nice! Maybe a little sip would do.. Tucking her wings to her body, the Dragon crawled over the side of the white shifter's body and held her head above the water, lapping up a couple of refreshing gulps. Phew, it almost felt medicinal, how clean this water was!

As she listened to the youngling explaining to the others that they'd better not swim too wildly, her keen hearing was alerted to a new source of newness materializing on the shore. Another biped, this time covered in metal plating. It began to swim, but since it was made out of steel rather than muscle and scale, like the shapeshifter, it was hardly a calming affair. The Dragon frowned. What was that guys deal?

"Hold on a minute, I have to, uhh.. well, check this out, and whatnot," the Dragon mumbled, not even sure if the others would hear what she was saying. "Bye. For now.. I'll be back of course, heh. Hopefully!" Was this place free to Fly in? Somehow, it felt like a fine thing to do. The Dragon mustered all her courage and pectoral power, and lifted herself off into the air. Her short, leathery wings weren't great for gliding, but she managed to make it over to the metallic biped with relative grace and quietness. It was a strange color, and despite all the metal, she could still get a scent signature. Young male, same species as most of the others bipeds present. What was it with these weird naked bipedal mammals ruling the place? "Hey! Didn't see you at the whole welcoming party thingy. What're you doing here?" She wasn't being hostile at all, but her blunt and awkward choice of words could easily make it seem as if she was.
Aramil looked around rapidly, his eyes wide with a mixture of shock and glee. "Now this is my kind of place," he said with a cheeky smile, pulling his lute out as he walked towards the beach, "It's sure not the feywild, but it'll do!"

Right as he was about to play some easygoing summer tunes, he noticed a person wearing what he could only identify as an immaculate piece of artifice. He then, jaw dropped, put away his lute and waddled over to Theo.

"Where on earth did you find this spectacular piece of armor," Aramil asked as he looked up and down upon it, "I've never seen anything quite like it! And that's a lot, coming from me."
Aramil Xiloscient wrote:
"Where on earth did you find this spectacular piece of armor," Aramil asked as he looked up and down upon it, "I've never seen anything quite like it! And that's a lot, coming from me."

"This?" Theo gestures to the deep sea armour he's wearing. "Oh, I built it myself based on blueprints of the original that my late father left behind." With that, he dives back into the lake.
Micaria saw the Dragon leaving, then spotted the two new quests in the distance, thanks to her good eyes. However, she knew they would join up later, since Dragon went to investigate... one of the new guests having a futuristic armor or something. Despite being curious about it, the Spider Witch decided to postpone that matter and went to swim. She slowly descended down on the neck of Bailey with ease thanks to being able cling onto any surface, then landed in the water.

"This is so nice!" She smiled.
Overhead, the redeemed demon hovered, lightly flapping his wings. Instead of his gauntlets and chest plate, he was merely wearing a silk shirt and dark pants. He didn't bring his blade with him because there would be no need. He began his descent and would land and run his fingers through his long golden white hair and he scanned around for any kind of familiar face.
Tulti Olanthis (played anonymously)

His yell was cut off as he landed, rolling a few times before he came to a stop on his back. He blinked in shock, staring at beautiful blue sky. How....?

He lifted his hand and looked at the teardrop pendant in it. Fynn had shoved over his head it and a letter in his hand before shoving him over the side of the castle. The rain had been so cold, and the big blond man was still drenched. His clothes, probably once very nice, were dirty and ripped, and he had a fresh cut across his chest. He sat up and held up the pendant, turning it over in his fingers. What had Fynn said? The thunder had drowned him out. Tulti's heart was still racing, despite being in soft, warm grass. The breeze was pleasant, and he smelled forest and water.

Slowly, he stood up and looked around. "Where..." He muttered, but then quickly went to the letter in his hand, but it was so wet he didn't dare to open it up yet, otherwise he'd rip it. The sun was already drying him, and he tucked it into his vest. He was dressed like a fighter, but the scabbard at his side was empty. Pushing his hands through blond hair, he tried to parse together what had happened. Fynn....had said there was a safe place he was going to go to, many months ago when they had begun traveling. Said all the time how Tulti would wake up and Fynn would be gone, and he'd just have to deal with that, to not get too close....

He lifted the pendant up and rolled it between his big fingers and his chest felt tight. Fynn would be safe.....Tulti had to settle with the face that today was that day.

Now.....where exactly was he?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Dragontear Lake (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus