Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: PizzaPro

Been working with various pizza companies over the past two years; first with Domino's and most recently with Papa John's. Feel free to ask about the inner workings of these companies (particularly of the latter) and about my experiences within them!
Which pizza do you like best?

Are the stores all corporate, franchise, or a mix?
KansasVenomoth Topic Starter

DarkonDreams wrote:
Which pizza do you like best?

Are the stores all corporate, franchise, or a mix?

I'm very fond of our BBQ Meats with our six cheese blend.

A mix; I worked for a franchisee who owned (I believe) three other stores in the Kansas City area. Ours as of Period 11 was the most productive in 2023.
I honestly don't eat pizza much but not going to lie I am that weirdo people talk about who loves pineapple on pizza. Do any of the pizza places you worked/work at sell pizza with pineapple?
1 // Have you ever had a really crazy custom pizza order?
2 // What is your favorite pizza place you've worked at?

TheSliverChicken wrote:
I honestly don't eat pizza much but not going to lie I am that weirdo people talk about who loves pineapple on pizza. Do any of the pizza places you worked/work at sell pizza with pineapple?

Both of them did. We'd probably do at least 50-70 pineapple pizzas on a daily basis, sometimes double on busy days. People often threw pineapple into their Papadias and Papa Bowls, too.

...and I'm not fond of pineapple pizza, but I'll admit that many of them looked really good.

varian wrote:
1 // Have you ever had a really crazy custom pizza order?
2 // What is your favorite pizza place you've worked at?

We've had several. The craziest plan ahead came when someone placed an order for 100 products on an already busy night, with over half of it coming in the form of stuffed crusts which are a pain in the ass to do, lol.
Then there are the people who like to put on nearly every topping we've got to offer. Extra cheese, all of our crumbled meats, veggies, pepperoni... goes in looking like a mess, comes out looking like a mess. A delicious mess, but a mess nonetheless.

Despite how rough some shifts get, I've enjoyed Papa John's so far.
Do yomake your own sauce?

If yes, which type of tomatoes do you prefer to use and why?

VoliminalVerse wrote:
Do yomake your own sauce?

If yes, which type of tomatoes do you prefer to use and why?

All of our sauces always come in precanned, the most I do with it is just distribute it to be used on products or in sauce cups. Never actually made my own sauce at home.
Kim Site Admin

What is your LEAST favorite thing to prepare on the menu?

Kim wrote:

Probably our garlic knots and various bites, especially during busier nights. Shaq-A-Ronis and stuffed crusts come close.
Kim Site Admin

KansasVenomoth wrote:
Kim wrote:

Probably our garlic knots and various bites, especially during busier nights. Shaq-A-Ronis and stuffed crusts come close.

Is there a reason? Is it just too time consuming?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: PizzaPro

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus