Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Marching band, Choir, Musical, Play

So I did my school musical (The Little Mermaid) and play (which I also did stage crew for as well as acting) last year along with choir and marching band, this was all my freshman year. And now my sophomore year I'm doing marching band and choir, along with stage crew for the musical this year (Shrek). Ask me anything!
1. What kind of singing voice do you have? (i.e. Tenor, Bass, etc).

2. What musical instrument do you play in the Marching Band?

3. Are you having fun with Play/Acting? What role would you really like to do if you could choose?

4. What got you into all of this? Was it recommended to you or did you choose to do it because it sounded fun?
Kim Site Admin

Having done stage and marching band -- what were the pros and cons of each for you? Do you think you'll go back to stage, or do you prefer band so far?
Hey fellow music nerd.
What part of marching band do you find the hardest?
FrostWolf Topic Starter

-Knight- wrote:
1. What kind of singing voice do you have? (i.e. Tenor, Bass, etc).

2. What musical instrument do you play in the Marching Band?

3. Are you having fun with Play/Acting? What role would you really like to do if you could choose?

4. What got you into all of this? Was it recommended to you or did you choose to do it because it sounded fun?

For your first question, I sing alto 1 and 2, however, for musical I was expected to sing soprano 2 which was a challenge but manageable. So I guess you could say I'm an alto and soprano.

I play Clarinet in marching band, and just got an extra I play bass clarinet in concert band.

Yes! I can't describe how much I have fun bonding with cast mates and getting to be someone else when acting. If we were going based on last year's musical I would have wanted Ursula.

So I got into band in 5th grade, just cause I really wanted to learn an instrument. Bass clarinet was a suggestion by my former band teacher. The play was me throwing myself out there, and then everyone suggested I do musical. And I guess you could say part of it was for the fun.
FrostWolf Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Having done stage and marching band -- what were the pros and cons of each for you? Do you think you'll go back to stage, or do you prefer band so far?

Stage band was a lot of pressure but was well worth it when done. Marching band the con is band camp you spend an entire month to learn a show you'll perform only a certain amount of times but again all of it is well worth it when it's done. And I must have forgotten to mention I still do stage band but I'm planning on stopping it after this year. And honestly, I do prefer marching band its more hyped and fun with lots of more energy.
FrostWolf Topic Starter

VeraVe wrote:
Hey fellow music nerd.
What part of marching band do you find the hardest?

Honestly learning the show, because marching you have to be accurate and my band teacher has high standards. The music can be easy or hard, but to learn that and the show is the hardest. Performing it wise just staying in step.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Marching band, Choir, Musical, Play

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus